Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nocturnal Rites

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
MetalRob331
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
krokus
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Wargod
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Who, (besides ultmetal and kmorg) are fans of this incredibly talented power metal band? I had heard their name before but never gave them much thought. Then earlier this year I discovered No Life Til Metal and found myself (the majority of the time) agreeing with the reviews. Scott had some high praise for these guys so I decided to get something from them. At the Metal Mecca (Virgin Megastore) I came across Grand Illusion and decided to get it. From the first time I heard Fools Never Die, I realized that I discovered a new band for me to explore. I later got The 8th Sin and must say that I now it will rank as a top 10 release for this year. I look forward to getting more Nocturnal Rites albums in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Awesome band! I love their last two albums, the more melodic metal stuff, though their early power metal albums are killer as well.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:13 pm

I love them! They have a crunchier sound to their Powermetal and now the melodic turn they've taken appeals to me as well. These guys are among my favorites!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:18 pm

I have quite a few Nocturnal rites cd, The 8th Sin is awesome!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:19 pm

"Afterlife" is great.

Don't care for what I have heard of the rest.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:23 pm

I have everything except for the first one, which is way out of print. I really like them.
Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:52 am

LOVE THIS BAND!!! Right up my alley.

I just picked up their latest album, "The 8th Sin" at Best Buy last night.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am

I have "Afterlife" and "Grand Illusion." Pretty good stuff, I should probably listen to them more often.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:00 am

Love this band. Play them often.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:18 pm

I realy liked them when they were a real heavy metal band, without power metal influences back when their debut came out, IN A TIME OF BLOOD AND FIRE. I also like their following albums but they were more power metal and they lost the magic from the first album. IN A TIME OF BLOOD AND FIRE was a very important album because it was great to see that this tipe of music was possible to make by a new band in 1995. They deserved as much respect as HAMMEFALL got two years later but they were two years to early and missed the heavy metal revival.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:27 pm

I just got Grand Illusion in the mail today!!
Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:53 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I still need that one. "The 8th Sin" is actually my first album by them - but it blew me away!!!!!!!!

Now I'm going to get every last album and ep they have released!

Any suggestions as to where to start?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:58 am

I have New World Messiah, Afterlife, and now Grand Illusion. I like them all so I'd say start anywhere!
Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have New World Messiah, Afterlife, and now Grand Illusion. I like them all so I'd say start anywhere!

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 pm

blackieboy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I still need that one. "The 8th Sin" is actually my first album by them - but it blew me away!!!!!!!!

Now I'm going to get every last album and ep they have released!

Any suggestions as to where to start?

They are all good so it doesn't really matter where you start.

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 12:58 pm

Ult, what do you think of "The 8th Sin"?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Ult, what do you think of "The 8th Sin"?

I just purchased a copy of The 8th Sin. It's WAY different from the Nocturnal Rites I am use to. This is radio-friendly melodic hard rock. Reminds me of Pink Cream 69 and Pretty Maids at times. The 8th Sin marks a noticeable move away from the classic heavy metal/power metal sound that this band is known for. Hard to believe that this band use to be a death metal band at one time.

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 pm

actually the best nocturnal rites is their first one, with anders zackrisson( from the mighty gotham city) but unfortunately(and i wonder why,hehehe) is very difficult to track down(both of its releases which i have)....then you'll have to get their other 2, tales(the original release of it was the japanese one, but you could find it easily as century media rereleased it for europe).... and the sacred talisman....after they changed anders and their sound and they released "afterlife" which is also great....if you don't like afterlife you don't have to look further....
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:21 pm

I just got "Afterlife" and "The 8th Sin" last week. Great stuff, at the moment, I think I like "8th Sin" the best.
I used to have their first 2 albums with the first singer, he was good, but didn't quite have the umph that the newer dude has.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 pm

I got all their albums. They are awesome a friend of mine made me a mix tape back in the day and they were on it. I was hooked ever since. They released a double cd called "Lost In Time" that has both the first album "In a Time Of Blood And Fire" and the second alblum "Tales of Mystery and Immagination" and they were remastered. It also has some bonus tracks. A nice little buy if you cant find the originals.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:45 pm

the only one i have is Tales Of Mystery And Imagination & it didn't inspire me to seek out more. typical power metal fluff.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:41 pm

One of my all time favs. The 8th sin is def in my top 10 of 2007.

I also found this band on NoLife's website being we pretty much have the same tastes when it comes to power metal.

and what cant we say about Nils Norberg simply a fabulous guitar player...
Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
One of my all time favs. The 8th sin is def in my top 10 of 2007.

It was in my top 10 also.

🤘

Ult, I know what you mean about this album (The 8th Sin) being polished and whatnot. But I still love it nonetheless. If this had come out in the late 80s, it would be a SMASH hit!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:51 pm

You guys see that Lead Guitarist Nils Norberg left the band?
Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Nocturnal Rites 857bb87c934b978d74fc09eia2

GREAT album!! Spinning it now...LOVE the hooks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nocturnal Rites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Rites   Nocturnal Rites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Rites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next