Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Nocturnal Rites this year?

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
7thSaviour
Dark Horseman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Nocturnal Rites this year? Empty
PostSubject: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:06 am

Web site isn't saying much but it sounds like they are recording. I enjoyed The 8th Sin though it lightened up some for them.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:25 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Web site isn't saying much but it sounds like they are recording. I enjoyed The 8th Sin though it lightened up some for them.
I didn't like that album very much, but they've had some great albums in the past. I am looking forward to hearing samples of the new songs! I saw them in concert a couple years back and they were very good live!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 am

I liked The 8th Sin...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 am

I've like the last two NR albums a lot so I'm sure I will like this one. Then again, I'm a sucker for melodic metal.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am

I have The Sacred Talisman and Grand Illusion and like them both. There are some really good songs on both. I really need to add more of their stuff to the collection.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I have Tales and Afterlife along with 8th. Tales is ok but the newer singer is better and Afterlife is heavier. Kind of forgot about them until 8th which I found for cheap so I need to check out some more of there stuff.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I have all their albums and I really like them except with the last couple of albums they have been too samey. My major problem with them is their sound as of late. With each album the drums keep getting this weird sound done to them where they don't even sound like drums its hard to describe. I know they want to sound original but I'd at least like them to sound normal.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Maybe Lars helped on the drum sound.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I liked The 8th Sin...

I loved The 8th Sin, and also Grand Illusion, which are their best albums IMO. Hopefully the new album will stay in that style.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:11 pm

I need to pick up Grand Illusion, what i'm hearing is really good.
Back to top Go down
Arjun_M
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:49 am

The Zack era was a lot more interesting, as you had the Swedish version of Kiske-era Helloween at the time. I find this band a lot less fun, as their song lyrics are a little too dark and gloomy for power metal. It's good to hear they're still recording, as it's been a really long time since they put out an album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:23 am

I only have one album, shadowland, which i like a lot. Not because of its musical content, but because i purchased it when i was in Bergen - Norway, my favourite city. And the album reminds me of this trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nocturnal Rites this year?   New Nocturnal Rites this year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Nocturnal Rites this year?
Page 1 of 1