Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
nevermore
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 pm

C.J. Snare, vocalist of the long running hair-metal band Firehouse, has passed away at the age of 64 after a long battle with cancer.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/cj-snare-dead-firehouse-singer-1235650673/

I wasn't a huge FireHouse fan but I enjoyed their first two albums, esp. the debut. I lost track of them after that, though.

When I got married in 1999 I lobbied pretty hard to make their ballad "Love of a Lifetime" our first-dance song (I know, I know... cringe!) but my wife-to-be had her heart set on a god-awful country ballad by some Garth Brooks wanna-be whose name I have long forgotten, so needless to say it didn't happen. Sorry, C.J. Laughing very hard

I was surprised to hear FireHouse doin' a pretty legit cover of "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" on the Judas Priest tribute album The Broken Law a few years back.  

Gonna bust that debut album out tonight and give it a spin, it's been a while. R.I.P. sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 11:40 pm

I was in high school when the first album came out. They seemed like a band geared for ladies (lots of ballads). The guitars were pretty good…

Not a big fan, but it’s sad to hear of a premature death. Poor guy had battled cancer a few years earlier.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 12:14 am

This is a huge loss to the Charlotte, NC music scene. They were the first band from our area to make it. But these guys were always playing and packing out the local clubs. Out supporting other bands from the area. Working hard to get to that next level. It's a sad day for sure.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 12:49 am

Sad news. Hold Your Fire is one of my favourite albums.

When I Look Into Your Eyes was my wedding song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 12:50 am

nevermore wrote:
This is a huge loss to the Charlotte, NC music scene. They were the first band from our area to make it. But these guys were always playing and packing out the local clubs. Out supporting other bands from the area. Working hard to get to that next level. It's a sad day for sure.

R.I.P.

Where is COC from? Raleigh?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

R.I.P.

Where is COC from? Raleigh?

Yes.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Sad news. I really only knew their singles that got some airplay back in the day, but they were pretty decent tunes.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 4:17 pm

I was hoping they'd release a new studio album.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 11:38 pm

@nevermore did you get to see the pre-Firehouse lineup of White Heat live?

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 11:47 pm

glassprison wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't. But I do have a flyer from a show that I picked up in a record store from back in the day.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 6:32 pm

Great band! My wedding song was courtesy of them. R.I.P. CJ
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 6:34 pm

7thSecond wrote:

Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 9:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Great song! Mine was Love Of A Lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 pm

glassprison wrote:

Sounds like a perfect mix of Van Halen and Stryper.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 8:34 pm

That "White Heat" track sounds pretty good. "Van Halen meets Stryper" is a perfect description.

C.J. was also a member of Rubicon Cross, who released one album in 2014. Pretty good, a little heavier on the "modern metal" vibe than Firehouse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 am

Stryper (whose bassist, Perry Richardson, was once a member of Firehouse) paid tribute to C.J. Snare by covering "All She Wrote" at a gig this past week:

Kinda weird to see Michael Sweet without a guitar strapped to him. Very Happy

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Wow. He was still planning to hit the road.
I didn’t read about cancer in the article. Who knows.
64 is a touch young - 65 is retirement age. Etc.
I’m sure his funeral was crowded -
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm

It’s sad about CJ… but I’m glad Oz Fox is still kicking. He was is bad shape from a couple tumors not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 pm

Glower wrote:
Wow. He was still planning to hit the road.
I didn’t read about cancer in the article. Who knows.
64 is a touch young - 65 is retirement age. Etc.
I’m sure his funeral was crowded -

He had been battling colon cancer. But he actually passed from cardiac arrest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare   R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. FireHouse vocalist C.J. Snare
Page 1 of 1