Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)

Go down 
+5
glassprison
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
libertynjustice
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
libertynjustice
Metal novice
Metal novice
libertynjustice

Number of posts : 45

Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Empty
PostSubject: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:38 pm

For Official Release

FireHouse vocalist C J Snare & Furyon guitarist Chris Green have teamed up
to form one of the best new, most talked about, Modern, Heavy Metal, Melodic Rock bands, called "Rubicon Cross"! This teaser EP is certain to become the new
"Soundtrack For Your Summer". It is available now through iTunes, Amazon.com , as well as limited copies from the bands website!

http://www.rubiconcross.net
http://www.cjsnare.com

Here is what people are buzzing about.......

Rock Eyez: "Just brilliant stuff..The sound is modernized and aggressively edged. 4.5 out of 5 stars"
http://www.rockeyez.com/reviews/cd/rubicon-cross/rev-2011-05-mb-rubicon-cross-limited-edtion-ep-4-5.html

It Still Looks Fake: "the contemporary melodic hard rock world as we know it is about to be shaken to its very core."
http://stilllooksfake.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/review-rubicon-cross-limited-edition-ep/

Zero Day Rock: "this is some seriously well-done modern hard rock"
http://0dayrock.blogspot.com/search/label/RUBICON%20CROSS

Glitter2Gutter: "Crank this interesting and enjoyable project to 8.5!"
http://glitter2gutter.blogspot.com/2011/05/rubicon-cross-limited-edition-ep.html
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 am

Sorta like Black Label Society with CJ Snare on vocals. Not sure the EP is worth $11, though. It's doesn't cost $5 to ship a CD in the US! Especially when it's probably a cheap CDR.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
Sorta like Black Label Society with CJ Snare on vocals. Not sure the EP is worth $11, though. It's doesn't cost $5 to ship a CD in the US! Especially when it's probably a cheap CDR.

A CDR weighs just as much as a CD. Very Happy

Besides, when you factor in buying the packaging, the time they take to pull and package the disc, the trip to the post office, then first class postage anywhere in the US, the farthest reaching place from their base of operations might cost around $5 per disc...

Just sayin' lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Besides, when you factor in buying the packaging, the time they take to pull and package the disc, the trip to the post office, then first class postage anywhere in the US, the farthest reaching place from their base of operations might cost around $5 per disc...

Just sayin' lol!
But a CD will last far longer than a CDR, which makes the S&H cost much easier to swallow.

And don't give me that "handling" crap. Haha. I agree people should pay for packaging, but I'm not paying some failed 80s turd to walk from his mother's basement to the closet to grab a CD! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Just sayin' lol!
But a CD will last far longer than a CDR, which makes the S&H cost much easier to swallow.

And don't give me that "handling" crap. Haha. I agree people should pay for packaging, but I'm not paying some failed 80s turd to walk from his mother's basement to the closet to grab a CD! Laughing

None of us will love long enough to see a side by side, real time comparison of a CD outlasting a CDR.

And as for "handling", I know what you're saying...but when you factor in time, gas money to the post office, etc...it's all handling cost. Worked into the price of that CD are:

- recording/mixing/mastering costs
- artwork costs
- layout costs
- pressing costs
- incoming postage costs (having the CDs delivered from pressing plant)
- outgoing postage costs (buying packing materials, fuel costs to post office, actual postage)

That $5 is probably, as I stated, the highest cost to the farthest domestic point away from where the CDs are coming from.

I've met CJ Snare more than once, and had several conversations with him...he's a business man.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:42 pm

All of that made me wonder:

Why even say "Price + Shipping". Just add up all the total costs, divide by the number of CDs you had pressed, and offer that price plus "Free Shipping".

In my Ebay experience, someone will buy something that is "$15 w/ Free Shipping" a lot faster than "$10 + $5 Shipping"...its psycological.

Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 pm

I hear ya. I would still like to know what I'm buying, though. I remember when I bought Chinese Democracy by Warrior Soul. It was $18 for the CD, plus $7 S&H. I knew it was limited, so I splurged. And I got a CDR is a sleeve. Total frickin' rip-off!

And speaking of CDRs, I've already lived long enough to do a side-by-side comparison. Def Leppard's Hysteria, the very same CD I bought back in 1987, still plays fine. I've had countless CDRs fail on me over the years, some in years, some in months.

I know some people say their CDRs are fine, never had a problem, but I have over 8,000 CDs in my possession, so I've seen CDRs go bad more times than I care to think about.

They're the worst kind of media storage in the past 50 years.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Quote :
I hear ya. I would still like to know what I'm buying, though. I remember when I bought Chinese Democracy by Warrior Soul. It was $18 for the CD, plus $7 S&H. I knew it was limited, so I splurged. And I got a CDR is a sleeve. Total frickin' rip-off!

That does suck.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Has anyone besides Eyesore and me picked up this disc? It's surprisingly good. I say that because I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of Firehouse, so I just assumed this would suck balls. I was mistaken.

I more-or-less picked it up on a whim at Best Buy yesterday when I was getting the new Tesla album. It was cheap (only $7.99). I heard a track or 2 here, so I thought, why not? I'm not sure what category this would fit into exactly (modern rock? melodic rock?). It's aggressive and catchy and I'm liking it way more than expected. My only critique would be a few of the slower, ballady-type songs. They seem unnecessary and drag down the momentum of the otherwise up-beat album.

Don't make the same mistake I made and just figure this is some Firehouse-inspired suck-fest. Get it. It's good. And the Best Buy version comes with 2 acoustic bonus tracks. Hardly essential, but more bang for the buck.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Firehouse rules, man.

Anyway, Rubicon is definitely hard rock with some modern leanings. Some of the riffs are definitely beefier, more current, you know. But yeah, it's a great album. Still hoping to find a copy at Best Buy. I'm sure I could trade the regular version I have.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Firehouse rules, man.

Anyway, Rubicon is definitely hard rock with some modern leanings. Some of the riffs are definitely beefier, more current, you know. But yeah, it's a great album. Still hoping to find a copy at Best Buy. I'm sure I could trade the regular version I have.

Good luck. I got the last copy and when I saw it there a week or 2 ago, there was only like 4 or 5. I think that is becoming the basic sales principal for Best Buy these days. They get very few copies of new releases and when they are gone, they're gone. The new Tesla album just came out yesterday and they only had 5 copies.

That's why I'm thinking of heading back and picking up that Marcus Hook Roll Band album too. I figure it's not gonna sell gangbusters and just become another high-priced rarity down the road. Might as well pick it up while I can.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:47 pm

What's different about the Best Buy version?

I really like the album a lot. I guess the reason I haven't made more noise about it is because I feel the best songs are the ones they released as an EP a couple years ago, so I've already been listening to those for a while.

Of the tracks were new to me, "Bleed With Me" is by far my favorite:

"All the Little Things" is also a fun song; it stands out as being quite different from the style of the rest of the album, but I think it works well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:51 pm

glassprison wrote:

The "Deluxe Edition" has 2 bonus tracks. Acoustic mixes of 2 songs that are already on the album. 'Moving On' and 'Save Me Within'. Decent, but not essential. It was the only version left anyway, so I didn't have a choice.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to track those down. I can never keep track of which particular versions of a new album come with extra tracks anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

The "Deluxe Edition" has 2 bonus tracks. Acoustic mixes of 2 songs that are already on the album. 'Moving On' and 'Save Me Within'. Decent, but not essential. It was the only version left anyway, so I didn't have a choice.

Stupidly, the regular version is $8.99 at Best Buy. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:29 pm

i am kinda on the fence on this one. I love Firehouse but this doesnt sound quite right to me.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 am

Information on the ep has seemed to disappear now that the full-length album is out. Do the same songs appear on the album or are there other tracks?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 am

Just re-read this review clip:

Quote :
the contemporary melodic hard rock world as we know it is about to be shaken to its very core

Dear lord....  Laughing very hard Rolling Eyes 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Information on the ep has seemed to disappear now that the full-length album is out. Do the same songs appear on the album or are there other tracks?

Nothing exclusive, just different recordings. They're released "Locked and Loaded" as a standalone digital single, too, and that's also a different recording.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:58 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Quote :
the contemporary melodic hard rock world as we know it is about to be shaken to its very core

Did they steal that quote from 7 Hard Years?  Razz 

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Quote :

Did they steal that quote from 7 Hard Years?  Razz 

Yeah, we're still waiting for our license fee...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Heavy Harmonies, man. Whenever you want info about even the remotest release relating to any melodic, AOR, sleaze, hair, glam band, you gotta check Heavy Harmonies.

The RC EP:

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5910&CDName=Limited+Edition+EP
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Got the regular edition for trade now, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Got the regular edition for trade now, if anyone is interested.

i would be.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:39 am

Bumping this one for 2 reasons.

1. It's just that good of an album. Really took me by surprise. I had no interest in any ex-Firehouse members projects and had no expectations for this album whatsoever. And it's gonna land in my Top 10 for the year. Love when that happens.

2. Tooting my own horn here. The folks behind-the-scenes took my advice and used the song 'Locked and Loaded' for an in-game highlight video at the Flyers. They'd probably poop their pants if they knew it was from a 2nd rate former hair-band leader. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)   Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubicon Cross featuring CJ Snare (Firehouse) & Chris Green (Furyon)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next