Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Firehouse album?

Go down 
+8
James B.
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
Olafsto
Gilbert
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

New Firehouse album? Empty
PostSubject: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:38 am

I just read on the band's website that a new album will be released soon.

Any more info?

I sure miss listening to new material by these guys.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 am

I seriously doubt that Firehouse will come up with something of interest today. They were never more than OK at their best back in the day IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 am

They're a touring band mainly. They know a new album is not going to sell tons of copies, and is more for the die-hards, so they don't make it a huge priority.

That said, I thought Prime Time (from nearly 8 years ago) was kinda weak and was heavy on the pseudo-attitude. A couple of good songs. Plus, now they're into being a multi-vocalist band (3 of the 4 members sing lead now) which baffles me when they have a guy like Snare...who I have seen 4 times and EVERY time nails EVERY note...he doesn't avoid the hard/high stuff at all.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 am

I enjoyed the first two. I would check out new stuff.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:12 am

Everything up to and including Category 5 had some good stuff on them. I was actually hoping they'd continue experimenting and stretching because C5 was a strong, varied album in terms of songs and the hooks were good.

But when the original fans didn't like the experimenting and called for a "return to roots", Firehouse responded with O2...which sounds forced and lame...like they weren't really into it...same with Prime Time...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Everything up to and including Category 5 had some good stuff on them. I was actually hoping they'd continue experimenting and stretching because C5 was a strong, varied album in terms of songs and the hooks were good.

But when the original fans didn't like the experimenting and called for a "return to roots", Firehouse responded with O2...which sounds forced and lame...like they weren't really into it...same with Prime Time...

I have seen some of their later material on SACD - I might have to check it out.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:28 am

Their first album was a good pop/metal record. What little I've heard of their material since seems to indicate that they've just been spinning their wheels.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 pm

I owned their Good Acoustics album at one point when the unplugged thing was all the rage. Got rid of it pretty quickly too if I recall. Not my cuppa java. I hear their hits every now and then on Hair Nation. Meh.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:19 pm

I like the first two FIREHOUSE cds a lot and also O2 was good. III was not very strong and the rest i never listen to. They also released a great live album. Will be nice to listen to a new album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 pm

It is what it is, fun music, fun band. The talent is there, doesn't always jive.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:29 am

They've released some great albums since their heyday. Really, they've never released a bad album. Some poopy songs here and there ("The Dark" anyone?), but solid all around. The last one, Prime Time, was excellent!

headbanger

I can't wait for a new album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:38 am

I love the band! Here's my ratings of their albums:

Firehouse (8/10) good pop rock album with solid song writing

Hold Your Fire (10/10) Still top notch commercial production, but with better songs. Awesome!

Firehouse 3 (9/10) Don't think it's quite as good as the sophomore effort, but I really like it. "Love Is A Dangerous Thing" is a great opening song.

Good Acoustics (10/10) I still listen to this fairly regularly. I really like the way some of these songs work as acoustic tracks, and some of the new songs are very good as well.

Category 05- (7/10) There's some cool songs. "Can't Stop The Pain" is awesome. But about half of the album seems kind of flat.

02 (5/10) None of the songs really stand out, and the production is nowhere near what they had on their first few.

Prime Time (5/10) Same as above.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:23 pm

I checked out Good Acoustics and will be get this one and maybe 3...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:25 pm

That "Perfect Lie" song was about the only good song on Prime Time...I hated "Door To Door" and they've insisted on playing it live the last 2 times I saw them...haha!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:39 am

I have and love 4 Firehouse albums so I will check a new one out. A lot of the good melodic hard rock bands from the late 80s/early 90s have released some good albums in recent years.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 am

Hold your fire is the ultimate Firehouse album
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:27 am

So I've heard this new re-recordings album, Full Circle. Not diggin' it. These songs might sounds a bit heavier, but they're not as good. The production is way too crisp and smooth; none of the instruments breathe or have a warmth to their sound. And man, some stuff is horrible, like the solo in "Hold the Dream," easily one of my top 5 Firehouse tunes.

I mean, this thing isn't bad, but the originals poop all over these re-recordings.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 am

And since I mentioned it, my top 5 in no particular order:

1. Hold Your Fire
2. Reach for the Sky
3. Hold the Dream
4. Can't Stop the Pain
5. Call of the Night

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 am

I had "When i look into your eyes" as my wedding dance Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 am

I had "When i look into your eyes" as my wedding dance Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:44 am

A couple of people I used to be friends with got married to "Love of a Lifetime."
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
So I've heard this new re-recordings album, Full Circle. Not diggin' it. These songs might sounds a bit heavier, but they're not as good. The production is way too crisp and smooth; none of the instruments breathe or have a warmth to their sound. And man, some stuff is horrible, like the solo in "Hold the Dream," easily one of my top 5 Firehouse tunes.

I mean, this thing isn't bad, but the originals poop all over these re-recordings.

i just got this and i am enjoying it. It is different sounding than the originals but the songs do have their own feel to them. I am hoping this will lead to a new album.

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They're a touring band mainly. They know a new album is not going to sell tons of copies, and is more for the die-hards, so they don't make it a huge priority.

That said, I thought Prime Time (from nearly 8 years ago) was kinda weak and was heavy on the pseudo-attitude. A couple of good songs. Plus, now they're into being a multi-vocalist band (3 of the 4 members sing lead now) which baffles me when they have a guy like Snare...who I have seen 4 times and EVERY time nails EVERY note...he doesn't avoid the hard/high stuff at all.

Doesn't make sense to me either. I saw Slaughter live in 2000, opening for Cinderella and Poison. Both Bret and Tom were ON but Mark sounded like CRAP. I saw Firehouse live w/ Great White and LA Guns 2 or 3 years later, and CJ sounded absolutely pristine, as if the past 13 years hadn't gone on and he was just going into the "fame" period of the debut. It's too bad all vocalists of his caliber don't sound that good more than 10 years into their career.

I currently only have the 1st 3 Firehouse albums. I absolutely love the 1st 2, and I think they're neck and neck in terms of quality. "3" took a bit of a dip in quality, in part because the songwriting wasn't quite as strong, but it's still a strong and solid album. I haven't purchased any of their post-fame output, though what I've heard is solid. I would love to hear a strong album from the band with the kind of thick guitar tone they had on the 1st 2 albums and a real sense of hard rock to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:29 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
oesn't make sense to me either. I saw Slaughter live in 2000, opening for Cinderella and Poison. Both Bret and Tom were ON but Mark sounded like CRAP. I saw Firehouse live w/ Great White and LA Guns 2 or 3 years later, and CJ sounded absolutely pristine, as if the past 13 years hadn't gone on and he was just going into the "fame" period of the debut. It's too bad all vocalists of his caliber don't sound that good more than 10 years into their career.

Couldn't agree more! Saw Firehouse about 4 years ago, and then again a few months ago, and CJ STILL sounds GREAT!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Firehouse album?   New Firehouse album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Firehouse album?
Page 1 of 1