Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MySpace pet peeve (rant)

Go down 
+3
Shiney
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage

MySpace pet peeve (rant) Empty
PostSubject: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 am

Know what I hate?

When you run across people's profiles that say things like:

- I love Metal!

- METAL LIVES!!

- Metal is my life!!

- I love going to Metal shows and hearing new bands!!

Then when you go to add them to your Friends, you get this message:

"(name) does not accept requests from bands"

angry HOW IS METAL SUPPOSED TO THRIVE AND KEEP BREATHING IF YOU WON'T EVEN GIVE BANDS YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW A CHANCE? ARGH!!!

- "I get sick of so many bands asking to be Friends..." - Why are you on MySpace? People/bands TRY TO ADD YOU...it's what we do! DENY the ones you don't like...it's not hard.

- Are you so "elite" that you think only the bands you like or have heard of exist? Are they the only bands that are any good?

- If you "love Metal" so much, why would you NOT want to hear a new band?

MySpace pet peeve (rant) 543534 Rant over...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 am

I've not run into that, but then I don't really add many friends on MySpace. That is sort of weird though. Part of the reason I go to MySpace is to check out new bands.

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've not run into that, but then I don't really add many friends on MySpace. That is sort of weird though. Part of the reason I go to MySpace is to check out new bands.

Exactly.

You should go to some of the Metal Groups and just randomly add people...you'd probably sell a few more CD's. It's worked for LINE OF FIRE & K-OCTAVE.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yeah, MySpace is a great place to hear new songs/bands. I've got a great wish list compiled CDs I wanna pick up now, all thanks to MySpace. The trouble is though, you hear a great band, it's virtually impossible to get their CDs because they have no distribution. I'm glad a lot of the 80s hard rock/metal bands are getting in on it too because I'm able to stay on top of their latest stuff and sample'em.

As for denying bands and not giving them a chance, eh. I'm not really passionate about it one way or another, it's the member's option on how they want to run their page. I use MySpace to keep in touch with old friends, not to add 5000 bands to my list and get bogged down with pointless bulletins and messages. But if I find a band or a band finds me that I think is really good, I'll add'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 am

Quote :
As for denying bands and not giving them a
chance, eh. I'm not really passionate about it one way or another, it's
the member's option on how they want to run their page. I use MySpace
to keep in touch with old friends, not to add 5000 bands to my list and
get bogged down with pointless bulletins and messages. But if I find a
band or a band finds me that I think is really good, I'll add'em.

I understand...makes sense. It just got under my skin today. Everyone who has bands blocked (today) was from the UK. Weird. The Germans & Italians (today) all allow bands to add them.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:37 pm

That's one of the main reasons I go there as well...for new music.

Anyone here can ask me to be their friend and I will...I'm cool like that.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:39 pm

I don't have no effing myspace!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:17 am

i don't allow any friends except the ones i actually personally know. screw the myspacers. let them advertise elsewhere.

Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:01 am

Shiney wrote:

YES... Yes you are!! humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:18 am

Waylon wrote:
Shiney wrote:

YES... Yes you are!! humble

So, both of you post your page links....mine are in my sig. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:48 pm

www.myspace.com/shineynobuttons

Last edited by on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 6:12 pm

People—bands or not—who randomly add people they don't know are weirdos. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm

Shiney wrote:
www.myspace.com-shineynobuttons
your link no work dood
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Well I hate when lame bands try to add. If they are good, hell yeah. But the ones I think suck get denied constantly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:02 am

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Shiney wrote:
www.myspace.com-shineynobuttons
your link no work dood
Slash! No dash!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
People—bands or not—who randomly add people they don't know are weirdos. Hahaha.
Laughing very hard you so right!

Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:05 am

Here's the myspace link for my band ALTER! There are some pics there from our last practice...

http://www/myspace.com/alterfrompa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:45 am

Lurideath wrote:
Well I hate when lame bands try to add. If they are good, hell yeah. But the ones I think suck get denied constantly!

That's just it....you're free to deny all you want...I do it too. But sometimes some good ones make it in there...give 'em a chance, at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:47 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Laughing very hard you so right!

Bands seek out and add people who they think may like thier music...nothing weird about that.

That's like saying bands who play shows for people they don't know are weird... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MySpace pet peeve (rant)   MySpace pet peeve (rant) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MySpace pet peeve (rant)
Page 1 of 1