Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Collection

Go down 
+4
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 9:04 pm

Thanks to the great pay from my job, I finally was able to buy CD cases to display my collection. Actually had most of it up last fall and thought I had room for more. Then found out I forgot a box of CDs which filled it up with no room to spare. On vacation this week and was able to put an addition on it and now have room for more (that is for the next year or so-I purchase a lot-then I will have to figure something out).

My Collection Full11
My Collection Left_s12
My Collection Right_12

The CDs are not catagorized at this time. I have very little off time and my vacations have been full of household chores and projects (otherwise I'd be around here more often). Eventually I plan on putting them in order by release year.

scottmitchell74 and Lari like this post

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 9:53 pm

Very cool, DB!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

DallasBlack likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 11:08 pm

Nice!!!

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2023 1:58 pm

Nice! You have a shitload of CD's there. I lke the Maiden stuff too. I have mine in alphabetical order mostly. If I own the vast majority of a bands catalogue then I usually put them in order of release also.
My Collection Img_0812
My Collection Img_0813

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Nice Wrecked! Yeah, my CD collection has grown a lot in the last 5 years (particularly in the last two with the post office) and is still expanding. Trying to buy less but just like the last several years, 2023 is another stellar year for metal releases from old school bands to newer ones. Luckily the only life I have is work, work, work and I have lots of time to listen to music.

The Maiden Funko Pop Figures and the figures from special releases of older albums are nice decorating items for CD cabinets. Hard to see because the image hosting on this degraded the quality of my photos but among the Maiden stuff is an empty bottle of The Trooper and on the other side Megadeth A Taut Du Monde bottle and can of Vulgar Display Of Lager (I have a Mastodon beer bottle in storage somewhere but don't have the time to dig around for it). Oh and I have a Sabaton zippo next to the King Diamond-Abigail graphic novel.

I was thinking of alphabetical order but figure the release year would be easier.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2023 7:16 pm

So yeah if I counted right, you have well over 2,000 cd's sitting there. Think according to discogs, I have a little over 1,200 last time I looked. That's an awesome collection dude. Cool that you got those cases too. Took me years to get the one I bought last year. I used to have them in two separate ones that didn't match and looked like shit. Plus they were both full, so I was stacking them on the floor next to one of the cases. I was getting to the point of pulling ones I don't listen to much these days and putting them in a box just to make room.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Nice! You have a shitload of CD's there. I lke the Maiden stuff too. I have mine in alphabetical order mostly. If I own the vast majority of a bands catalogue then I usually put them in order of release also.
My Collection Img_0812
My Collection Img_0813

Sweet!! What types of shelving are you guys using?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:10 am

Atlantic Oskar 1080 Media Storage Cabinet – Protects & Organizes Prized Music, Movie, Video Games or Memorabilia Collections, PN 38435714 in Espresso https://a.co/d/69SfeFH
The smaller one is from the same company.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Nice collection! I was going to ask about the shelves but Nevermore beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 6:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Atlantic Oskar 1080 Media Storage Cabinet – Protects & Organizes Prized Music, Movie, Video Games or Memorabilia Collections, PN 38435714 in Espresso https://a.co/d/69SfeFH
The smaller one is from the same company.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 am

nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
My Collection Img_0812
My Collection Img_0813

Sweet!! What types of shelving are you guys using?

I’m actually using different cabinets for my records. The middle section is this cabinet from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BBR9V88?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Then I have four individual really cheaply made single boxes, two on each side of the main cabinet. I’m thinking of buying two more main cabinets and standing them up side by side because I’m running out of room and I really don’t want the cheap ones I have anymore. Figure I’ll keep one in the box till I need it, so I’ll have a matching one later in case they stop selling the exact one I have.

My cd cabinet was ordered from Amazon also:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KW0BDI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 12:50 am

I have that same Iron Maiden Igloo cooler.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 12:52 am

Glad you found a job that allows you to buy CDs. It seems like yesterday when you had to sell off most of your old collection.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 9:16 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eventually I plan on putting them in order by release year.

What? That's a horrible idea! lol!

Very nice wall of music though. I just picked up a couple more Gnedbys to fit my growing collection.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:50 am

Wow....

Looks like a possible
down payment on a house
thinking

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:14 pm

James B. wrote:
Wow....

Looks like a possible
down payment on a house
thinking

I was waiting for you to dip your little fly into my ointment. Wink I used to get annoyed by it but I understand it's who you are (you speak your mind and don't pull any punches) and your intent is pure and not malicious. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Don't need a house right now, plus I have money for one if I ever do need one. My main focus is on helping my mother out. She is on a fixed income (social security and her late husband's retirement), disabled (impacted spine and arthritis in hands and knees), and in her early 70s. When her mother passed away several years ago, she got a nice inheritance but after paying off my sister's house (who she helped her get it when she got out of an abusive marriage), replacing the roof of her house and replacing the air conditioner in both houses, and getting a generator (a lot of black outs around here) she has none of it left. My dad left retirement funds to my sister and myself. My sister can't help my mother financially because her husband has lupis and it's gotten worse in recent years and they took in his granddaughter (12 years old with a bad habit of lying and stealing) because her mother has a lot of problems (which explains her daughter's behavior problems) and to give her a chance to have some true discipline in her life. So basically my sister has become the legal guardian in her late 40s (luckily my niece has been on her own for a while and my nephew is going into the Air Force) on top of taking care of a sick husband and holding down a full-time job. While she does some things to help my mom non financially, I am able to take care of that aspect among other things.

I help her get stuff done around the house, I do the grocery shopping (she pays for her own groceries but sometimes I will just put it on mine), I pay for and prepare dinners, I help her out with bills (mainly for the yard work, but also when she has a household expense her funds can't cover), all the while holding down a job that takes up 6 days and 50 hours a week (not including the commute) of my life. I do buy quite a lot of music and could (and will) cut it down some, however, less than 10% of my budget goes to my music, t-shirt, and nick nack collection. Through a combination of immaturity, bad decisions, and (as cliche as it is) some bad luck, I never had a career (up until now-in July I become permanent at the post office), never got married, and subsequently never had children. Until things change my purpose in life apart from setting myself up for eventual retirement, is to uphold the fifth commandment. Since my father is gone, it's my mother I shall honor.

So no need for any lectures, but I appreciate your effort to motivate for me to improve.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 6:16 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:
Wow....

Looks like a possible
down payment on a house
thinking

I was waiting for you to dip your little fly into my ointment. Wink I used to get annoyed by it but I understand it's who you are (you speak your mind and don't pull any punches) and your intent is pure and not malicious. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I was out of line DB
Who am I to spend other people's cash, so to speak/

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 6:24 pm

James B. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:
Wow....

Looks like a possible
down payment on a house
thinking

I was out of line DB
Who am I to spend other people's cash, so to speak/

It's all good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Collection   My Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Collection
Page 1 of 1