Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

weirdest cd in your collection

Go down 
+18
AchrisK
Orion Crystal Ice
stepcousin
Hadley
AutumnShantel
MoonChild
Lari
ultmetal
manny
tohostudios
jstate
assault_attack
Lurideath
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
mc666
Gilbert
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

weirdest cd in your collection Empty
PostSubject: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:34 pm

The weirdest cd in mine has to be a thrash metal cd by a band called Ela.

Album's title is aklin delilere ver.

Sung entirely in turkish. But the music is awesome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:02 pm

I've got a cd called A Dogs Christmas which has dogs barking out xmas carols. It was a gag gift.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:13 pm

I have two CDs of music from "The Simpsons"...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Probably this one

weirdest cd in your collection Jane-birkin

I don't usually buy CD's purely on the basis of the cover but this was the exception!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 pm

I meant metal cds. Sorry I forgot to mention this above.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 pm

This is a metal forum, I don't see what could be weird about us owning metal CD's?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I've got a collection of (mostly obscure) techno/eurodance/electronica artists covering '80s-'90s pop songs which i was given for buying 3 other albums at a (now defunct) local record store.

Yes, it's at least as bad as you'd expect from that description. Between this and other free albums from the same source, I tended to refer to them as penalties for depleting the stock too much.

EDIT: Wrote this before the clarification was posted. Can't think of any odd metal albums I own, especially given how eclectic my tastes can get.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Carbonized - Disharmonization
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm

By weirdest I meant unusual.

Sorry for my bad english :-)
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Does anybody own "Dee Does Broadway" Dee Snider cd?? I don't but I think that might fit in this thread.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:28 pm

My mom actually owns it.  She loves Broadway and always dug Dee for his congressional speech.

I don't think it's weird but at the time it came out it was pretty uncommon....

Metal MC - Born To Party

To me it was a dream album mixing both my love of rap and metal.  Much better in idea than execution to be honest.  But at the time I thought it was great.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Alabama 3 - Exile on Coldharbour Lane.

Electronica/Gospel/Country hybrid. Best known for the theme song to The Sopranos "Woke Up This Morning"

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Pat Boone- In a Metal Mood
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:43 pm

75% of the metal in my collection would be considered weird or unusual to someone.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
75% of the metal in my collection would be considered weird or unusual to someone.

Yes usually that would be me!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:23 pm

One that sticks out and doesn't seem to fit in anywhere is KRAFTWERK - Computer World

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
One that sticks out and doesn't seem to fit in anywhere is KRAFTWERK - Computer World

Kraftwerk is an electronic/industrial band. Apparently, this thread is only metal.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 am

Probably something from an odd small country sung in their own language. I have a few. Maybe Macedonian would be the weirdest I have? I don't remember the title, I'll look it up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:30 am

If we're only talking about metal CDs (which isn't nearly as interesting a topic IMO) I guess the weirdest one I have is Diablo Swing Orchestra's "Butcher's Ballroom".

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 am

Probably either of the Seremonia records, awesome Doom/Psche/Krautrock sung in Finnish

Depends what you class as metal really, but it's definitely strange!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Probably either of the Seremonia records, awesome Doom/Psche/Krautrock sung in Finnish

Depends what you class as metal really, but it's definitely strange!

That sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I meant metal cds. Sorry I forgot to mention this above.

This thread got much less interesting very quickly.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Jar of Flies - Alice in chains

weirdest cd in your collection 352445 weirdest cd in your collection 627712 
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:57 pm

I had a reply until I found out it had to be metal... lol I've never heard a metal song and thought, "wow, that's weird."
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Do Michael Bolton's AOR albums count? If so, i have his S/T (got it more as a curiosity piece if anything, though it is better than you'd think).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weirdest cd in your collection   weirdest cd in your collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weirdest cd in your collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next