Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Troublezone
steelers
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Sounds killer! Mike still sounds good as ever!
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 2:21 pm

Album version of single just released.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Decent artwork
Terrible logo
Both (IMHDO)

Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 12:50 am

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 5:39 pm

The wait is over! The debut full-length from Testimony of Apocalypse is here! Featuring Michael Torone and Paul Graham from the iconic Sacrament, "None Escape The Judgement" unleashes 10 tracks of crushing metal that serves as an extension of what you came to know and love about the classic thrashers.

https://thecharoncollective.bandcamp.com/album/none-escape-the-judgement
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The wait is over! The debut full-length from Testimony of Apocalypse is here! Featuring Michael Torone and Paul Graham from the iconic Sacrament, "None Escape The Judgement" unleashes 10 tracks of crushing metal that serves as an extension of what you came to know and love about the classic thrashers.

My own personal and honest opinion of this album: Super boring music and vocals, and we get it bro: God is on Wrath mode in your end of the world scenario, a judgement is coming, dread and desolation, darkness and despair, a reckoning will come, you are thrown into the lake of fire, the time for the the Almighty to destroy is here, etc., etc...why do the the lyrics have to be so lazy that it makes it embarrassing to listen to this music? If this was released in 1992, I would totally understand the lyrics given the youthfulness of their age, but they are too old for this.

Rant over....at least this didn't come out under the Sacrament name, I'll give them that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 8:35 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

My own personal and honest opinion of this album: Super boring music and vocals, and we get it bro: God is on Wrath mode in your end of the world scenario, a judgement is coming, dread and desolation, darkness and despair, a reckoning will come, you are thrown into the lake of fire, the time for the the Almighty to destroy is here, etc., etc...why do the the lyrics have to be so lazy that it makes it embarrassing to listen to this music? If this was released in 1992, I would totally understand the lyrics given the youthfulness of their age, but they are too old for this.

Rant over....at least this didn't come out under the Sacrament name, I'll give them that.

Sorta like the countless and lazy “hail Satan” lyrics from other bands…

To each his own I guess.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 8:52 pm

I’m not gonna lie… I miss the old Sacrament thrash sound, but I also like this new stuff too! But then again, I like groove in my metal sometimes.

You want lazy and repetitive? Look no further than Kerry King and Glen Benton. Just sayin…

The “wrath of God” lyrics also works very well with metal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 11:23 pm

All that time away really didn't help these guys. Its not bad, but its definitely not good either.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
All that time away really didn't help these guys. Its not bad, but its definitely not good either.

Well at least you don’t completely hate it! Razz

I think they are just getting warmed up and shaking the rust off. The new guitarist is a lot more progressive in his playing. It’s not straight ahead thrash. It probably one of those albums that gets better over time. We’ll see…
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 1:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I think they are just getting warmed up and shaking the rust off. The new guitarist is a lot more progressive in his playing. It’s not straight ahead thrash. It probably one of those albums that gets better over time. We’ll see…

HAHAHA!! That's almost a miracle! I heard potential in what could be. I haven't written it off. The vocalist is good, the music is "interesting" but it sounds like they are confused on their direction. I think they can spend more time on the lyrics too, because they are written like a 5th grade Sunday school student. Being 50 something years old and writing like that??? hahaha

Still better than Guns N Roses though by FAR!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 3:20 am

Lurideath wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

HAHAHA!!  That's almost a miracle! I heard potential in what could be. I haven't written it off. The vocalist is good, the music is "interesting" but it sounds like they are confused on their direction. I think they can spend more time on the lyrics too, because they are written like a 5th grade Sunday school student. Being 50 something years old and writing like that??? hahaha  

Still better than Guns N Roses though by FAR!

Fair enough!

I agree that the direction and lyrics could use more development. They have been out of the game for a long time! It’s possible that they just wanted an extremely simple and clear message for the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

HAHAHA!!  That's almost a miracle! I heard potential in what could be. I haven't written it off. The vocalist is good, the music is "interesting" but it sounds like they are confused on their direction. I think they can spend more time on the lyrics too, because they are written like a 5th grade Sunday school student. Being 50 something years old and writing like that??? hahaha  

My sentiments on the lyrics exactly Smile

Lurideath likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 8:54 pm

A Day of Wrath sounds like ToA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!   Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacrament & Testimony of Apocalypse are Back!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2