Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse

Go down 
+9
Stender
Troublezone
James B.
ultmetal
bgsully
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
kethdredd
scottmitchell74
13 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 am

I finally updated from cassette to cd with this one. I hadn't listened to it in at least a decade. I'd forgotten how good this album and these guys were. What a great scene the Christian Thrash scene was back in the 80's and 90's. Then, I read a nice review on the back, by whom? Scott Waters! How cool is that?

My only complaint is how incredibly cheesy/flimsy the cardboard case and glued down cd tray is. Retroactive has done better work in the past.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:21 pm

I stopped buying Retroactive's stuff because of this, you might as well buy a digital copy and burn it.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4596

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:07 am

I really enjoy that album a lot. Was blown away when I first heard it, and it's still a great listen all these years later. That being said, I think Haunts of Violence is even better still. That album sits right beside my all-time favourite thrash releases.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 am

Good album for sure but like Sideshow mentioned Haunts of Violence is my favorite of theirs. There aren't very many thrash albums christian or secular that can touch it.

The Christian scene was awesome in the late 80s and early 90s. Stuff like these two albums, Living Sacrifices debut, The Crucified, Vengeance and Deliverance were all on regular rotation for me.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Love Sacrament!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 3:48 pm

GREAT record. I love both Sacrament albums.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 pm

yeppers

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Good album, but I prefer Haunts of Violence.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Haven't heard either one in several years but I think I remember liking Haunts better also. I used to have a sick shirt of theirs, maybe I'll post a pic of it here.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

I really like both Sacrament albums....maybe a little bit of an edge goes to Haunts over Testimony, but the lead guitar work on both is outstanding!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 8:17 pm

I wish someone would properly remix/remaster both albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Retroactive did Haunts last year if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 am

So I completely forgot about this band until you guys started posting about them. I remember listening to half the demo of Haunts at the Bible House and feeling wonderfully grim :LOL:. It really is a great album and a joy to revisit. A lot of inventive mid-pace riffing and hardcore vocal excellence.

Chalking this up to another benefit of a forum like this. awwwwwwww...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think it's remixed... And that's what it really needs.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 am

I have Testamony on CD for Thrash I really do like this album havent listened to it for a long time will need to dig it out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 am

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think it's remixed... And that's what it really needs.

Yeah, those vocals need to come down in the mix IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse   Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacrament - Testimony of Apocalypse
Page 1 of 1