Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
James B.
9 posters

Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli?
Lonesome Crow
Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_lcap0%Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fly To The Rainbow
Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_lcap9%Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
In France
Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_lcap27%Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Virgin Killer
Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_lcap18%Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Taken By Force
Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_lcap45%Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Empty
PostSubject: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 10:57 pm

The older I get, the more this stuff gets better & better

(IMHDO) The best 5 album run, 6 if you include "Tokyo Tapes", the Scorps put out.

What say you?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 11:51 pm

Taken By Force.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 2:15 am

Never heard of the album In France lol Uli wasn't in Lonesome Crow was he? Thought it was Rudolph and Michael in that one, and Uli came after Michael left? That said, I pick Fly to the Rainbow. Lonesome Crow would be my pick, but well it shouldn't be in the poll lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 3:13 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Never heard of the album In France lol Uli wasn't in Lonesome Crow was he? Thought it was Rudolph and Michael in that one, and Uli came after Michael left? That said, I pick Fly to the Rainbow. Lonesome Crow would be my pick, but well it shouldn't be in the poll lol

I was gonna do a best Scorps studio of the 70'\s poll at first, but changed my mind midway through cause of the style change on "Lovedrive". Forgot to remove "Lonesome Crow" from the options.

Thanks for pointing it out \'arry \'eadbanger
Sure am glad the Scorps played with UFO on that tour and pilfered Michael from them. Got 2 killer bands out of that happening.

"In France" of course is an import, only listenable while under hypnosis

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 3:26 am

I chose "In France"  Laughing very hard Uli seemed more comfortable with everything (IMHDO)

Almost went with "Fly To The Rainbow", Michael wrote quite a few songs on that, if memory serves me correctly?

They are all pretty close in rankings for me, and of course, it changes

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 4:29 am

Taken By Force.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 11:20 am

I've never owned "In France" or Virgin Killer, apparently. Didn't realize that until just now. Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 2:38 pm

I chose In Trance. It's one of my all time favorite Scorpions albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 3:14 pm

The only ones I own are "Virgin Killer" and "Taken By Force" (tho the others have been on my shopping list for-damn-ever) ... of the two I prefer "Taken By Force" bigtime.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 8:47 pm

"In Trance" > "Taken By Force" > "Virgin Killer" > "Fly To the Rainbow" > "Lonesome Crow"

The first three are really close.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 9:57 pm

I voted "Taken By Force".  That is still my favorite Scorpions album.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 pm

I don't own Lonesome Crow yet. Need to add it to my collection.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 1:13 am

Gilbert wrote:
It's kinda like Fly to the Rainbow, but a little more out there and strange. I love it, but it's not for everyone I guess.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 11:50 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
It's kinda like Fly to the Rainbow, but a little more out there and strange. I love it, but it's not for everyone I guess.

It has that Kraut-Rock vibe popular at the time. I dig the melodies quite a bit. Like Mr. Neck stated, Schenker, not Uli has his that tone kicking off nicely. I have two picture discs and three different covers from various lpressings. There is a promotional video for "I'm Going Mad"

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?   Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Scorps studio release w/ Uli ?
Page 1 of 1