Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorps to Call it a Career

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
tohostudios
Dave the Boss
bigjtink
mr.electric39
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Scorps to Call it a Career Empty
PostSubject: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:59 pm

http://www.the-scorpions.com/english/

Looks like it's the End of the line.... sad day....

Important Message to our Fans
It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs.

While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was – and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: We want to end the Scorpion’s extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we’ve always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years!

We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you.

And now… let’s get the party started and get ready for a “Sting in the Tail”!

See you on the world tour,

Yours

Scorpions

WOW !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Right. 3 years and it will be the reunion tour. Holds about the same water as a boxer retiring.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Looky here:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/scorpions-sting-in-the-tail-t11888-50.htm?sid=5a3e0569d675f7323a16af0f67aae79e

Wink

But yeah, it's a shame.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 pm

IMO, they should have hung it up long ago.

And I agree, we'll see how long "retirement" lasts (probably about as long as a Brett Favre retirement).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:18 pm

We discussed this in the Sting in the Tail thread.

And if you ask me, I think they mean it when they mean they're done after the tour is over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 am

Can't say that I'll miss them, but there is something to be said for retiring with some dignity. We'll see how long that lasts though.

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
there is something to be said for retiring with some dignity.

Someone should have let Ozzy in on this secret about 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for the info, mr. electric 39, but I will use a "wait and see" approach with this one. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 am

the sentinel wrote:
Thanks for the info, mr. electric 39, but I will use a "wait and see" approach with this one. Peace.

You know, Jim Henson had a "wait and see" attitude and now we have wrong sounding Muppets.

http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/falk_falso/Family_Guy_Wrong_Sounding_Muppets.aspx
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
there is something to be said for retiring with some dignity.

Someone should have let Ozzy in on this secret about 15 years ago.

Scorps to Call it a Career Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:31 pm

They are getting up there in age. Nothing wrong with retiring. More power to 'em. I only wish I could have had the career that they had.

High points: They have created some timeless music and were one of the original bands that spawned the metal sound of the 1980's. They also introduced the world to one of the greatest guitarists ever in Uli Roth. Their live show was incredible, especially in the early to mid 80's. When they played US Festival in '83 in California they blew headliners Van Halen off the stage.

Low points: Eye II Eye for sure. Not sure what possessed the band to think that releasing an album with drum loops, samples, dance beats and pop songs would go over well with a hard rock and heavy metal crowd.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They are getting up there in age. Nothing wrong with retiring. More power to 'em. I only wish I could have had the career that they had.

High points: They have created some timeless music and were one of the original bands that spawned the metal sound of the 1980's. They also introduced the world to one of the greatest guitarists ever in Uli Roth. Their live show was incredible, especially in the early to mid 80's. When they played US Festival in '83 in California they blew headliners Van Halen off the stage.

Low points: Eye II Eye for sure. Not sure what possessed the band to think that releasing an album with drum loops, samples, dance beats and pop songs would go over well with a hard rock and heavy metal crowd.

very eloquently put

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

You know, Jim Henson had a "wait and see" attitude and now we have wrong sounding Muppets.

http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/falk_falso/Family_Guy_Wrong_Sounding_Muppets.aspx

That episode was on last week. Awesome!!! Scorps to Call it a Career 201269
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Good for them, there have been too many dissapointing career-ending albums from other bands(Van Halen III being the shining example)so it's good to see them ending on a high note, though there are other bands that have been around just as long woh I REALLY wish would just call it a day, like the Rolling Stones, who IMO have long voerstayed their welcome and should've called it quits at least 5 years ago. And while Eye II Eye was a low point, it's still an interesting album nonetheless, and it did actually sell pretty well in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorps to Call it a Career   Scorps to Call it a Career Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorps to Call it a Career
Page 1 of 1