Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...

Go down 
+8
Glower
Troublezone
nevermore
tohostudios
Lari
Fat Freddy
Big Rich
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Empty
PostSubject: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 7:37 am

I don't understand this. Metal fans and musicians were mostly outcasts. Heavy Metal was once a derogatory term and has never been fully accepted. I would've expected nothing less than how the HOF treats metal bands.

Also, a HOF for music is dumb anyways. Most HOFs are dumb.

They're political and voted on by humans. Humans that are biased.

I guess what I'm trying to say is screw the Rock N Roll HOF
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 11:08 am

It's inevitable. Every year they announce the nominees, and there's always one or two token metal bands to get us excited.

Said token bands never make it in when the finalists are announced.

Everybody then goes nuts all over social media, i.e. "How the f*** does Jay-Z get in and not Iron Maiden? The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is a JOKE!" for a couple of days.

Then everyone forgets about it til the next year's nominees are announced.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Who is complaining exactly? I don't care about it. To me the outrage seems to be coming from people who somehow think the RnR HOF is this grand, prestigious thing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 6:43 pm

If I ever visit Cleveland I would probably check out the HoF but any outrage over bands not getting in and/or artists who do get in is just dumb. How many years has the HoF existed? Don't you realize by now that what it really should be called is the American Popular Music Hall Of Fame? This has been going on since its inception.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 12:29 am

I think there's more outrage about it this year because Iron Maiden was actually 4th in the fan vote. Top 5 is supposed to be inducted. Why have a fan vote if an artist actually wins by their rules and still gets snubbed.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 1:29 am

I voted for Iron Maiden more than a few times and the last time I checked, Jay Z and LL Cool J were dead last with fan votes.

How the hell did they get in??
Although I know Jay Z has connections with some shadowy characters, so no surprise there...

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 14, 2021 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 1:34 am

Voting is a waste of time... the powers that be always alter the rules or ignore results.

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 5:56 am

I no longer worry about who gets into the "Rock N Roll" Hall of Fame. Toho's right, the name of it is a misnomer. There are far too many inductees who are certainly not within the rock genre.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 11:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
Voting is a waste of time... the powers that be always alter the rules or ignore results.

true story.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm

I remember Jethro Tull got metal album of the year.
I forget who they nudged out. But that was the last time I paid attention.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Well, that was the Grammys in1989 (the first year the hard rock/heavy metal category was included) and really had nothing to do with the RNR Hall Of Fame, but you're point is still valid.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:32 am

Glower wrote:
Pretty sure it was Metallica, but I can't remember which album they had out at the time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 6:27 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Glower wrote:
Pretty sure it was Metallica, but I can't remember which album they had out at the time.

And Justice For All
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 6:09 pm

007 wrote:
Well, that was the Grammys in1989 (the first year the hard rock/heavy metal category was included)  and really had nothing to do with the RNR Hall Of Fame, but you're point is still valid.

I was one of the few people who liked that decision.  Sure that Tull album is definitely NOT metal (no Tull album is even close to metal) but I enjoy Jethro Tull way more than I enjoy Metallica.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 1:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If I ever visit Cleveland I would probably check out the HoF but any outrage over bands not getting in and/or artists who do get in is just dumb.  How many years has the HoF existed?  Don't you realize by now that what it really should be called is the American Popular Music Hall Of Fame?  This has been going on since its inception.

I have been a couple of times when work took me to Cleveland. The city is nice but the HOF is pretty underwhelming tbh. I thought it would be much more interesting than it is

Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Well, that was the Grammys in1989 (the first year the hard rock/heavy metal category was included)  and really had nothing to do with the RNR Hall Of Fame, but you're point is still valid.

I was one of the few people who liked that decision.  Sure that Tull album is definitely NOT metal (no Tull album is even close to metal) but I enjoy Jethro Tull way more than I enjoy Metallica.

Tull getting that award is fraudulent and I never paid attention to that fake award ever again. Or the gtammy's at all.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

The best award or induction that I can think of is an addition to my music collection!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 10:56 am

I used to be one of those that bitch about the Hall induction process but eventually Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Ozzy as a solo artist will get in. It was years and sometimes decades past their eliability that KISS, Alice Cooper, AC/DC and KISS got into the Hall, and Alice, Black Sabbath and AC/DC now get critics praising them but that was not always the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...   Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metalheads complaining bout metal bands not getting in the Rock n Roll HOF...
Page 1 of 1