Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
DeathCult
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
stormspell
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
nevermore
krokus
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
mc666
mr.electric39
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 pm

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) movie....?

Of course many of us will list 'This is Spinal Tap'.... trully is a classic....

I did like that Mark Wahlberg (sp?) flic 'Rock Star'.....

Also the first 'Heavy Metal' film...

Live Concert film.... 'Let There Be Rock'..... with the advent of DVD not too many of these get big screen releases.... any other takers....

I've not been around for a while pretty busy these days with work..... grim reaper

by the way I did search for this thread... don't whip me too badly if I missed it...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 am

yeah, Spinal Tap of course.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:14 am

I think Wayne's World is a pretty good one, but yeah, you mentioned pretty much what I was thinking as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:22 am

I really liked Spinal Tap (only saw it once) but I will put up Tenacious D-Pick Of Destiny: the battle with Satan (Dave Grohl) was both awesome and hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 am

Spinal Tap
The Decline of Western Civilization part II: The Metal Years
Detroit Rock City
Rock N Roll High School
Trick Or Treat

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 am

Rock Star-this is one of my favorite movies ever
Trick or Treat
Detroit Rock City
Waynes World
Rock n Roll High School
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:03 am

TRICK OR TREAT will be always my fave. An other of my fave, but not realy metal is THE LOST BOYS. FRIGHT NIGHT had a great soundtrack too and is a magic movie to me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 am

This Is Spinal Tap
Trick Or Treat
Rock Star
Rock N Roll High School
Detroit Rock City
The Decline Of Western Civilaztion Pt. 2: The Metal Years

Not a metal flick but I liked Almost Famous.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 am

BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE rules!
And then, BILL AND TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY second!
SCHOOL OF ROCK melts too! 🤘
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:08 am

Hard Rock Zombies anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:26 am

I've never seen Spinal Tap. affraid
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:29 am

mc666 wrote:
yeah, Spinal Tap of course.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:03 am

BAD NEWS! - aka the Better Spinal Tap Smile

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? BadNewsVHS
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Do yourself a major favor and rent it or buy it. I picked up my copy for $10 or something like that. I saw it when it first came out 20 years ago or so and it's still just as hillarious.
so many metal cliches just open for ribbing.

I heard Dio talk about it once "spinal Tap Moments". Getting lost backstage, Dee Snider talked about it once. Simply hillarious.....

headbanger

"But these go to eleven"......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:48 pm

stormspell wrote:
BAD NEWS! - aka the Better Spinal Tap Smile

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? BadNewsVHS

Amen to that, esp the "More Bad News" film where they play at Castle Donington, way better than Spinal Tap IMO.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Rock Star - AWESOME soundtrack and I mean the original Steel Dragon stuff.

Jesus Christ Superstar - some great metal/proto-metal on this one!

Saw this live in Tempe, AZ a few years ago as well. On a side note, my wife won't dress sexy in public because she wants to set a good example locally (there's some merit to that, I guess Very Happy ) but that night?? Embarassed Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed I have never been so distracted in my life! We were out of town so she went from sweet housewife to Candy the Call Girl in one fell swoop! So, between what I remember of the show - the talent on tour is ridiculous - and the freak show on my arm, that was a night to remember!!!

As a bonus on the way home we were starving so we stopped at a Wendy's and - I'm all for hiring the inferm and handicapped - but the guy serving our food had some level of "ailment" (I don't know what) but he was DROOLING!!! DROOLING all over the place!!!!!! I took a comment card and mailed them a strongly worded complaint ( Rolling Eyes :defleppard: ) which I'm sure ended up in the trash. I watched carefully and he didn't drool into our food.....but man, he was dirty and drooling. Did I mention DROOLING???

Embarassed Remarkably, I've never seen Spinal Tap either.....just one of those freak things. Someday, though, someday.......

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Def Rock Star
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Zombie Nightmare
Dead Girls
Rocktober Blood
Demons -- one of my fav soundtracks to a movie (bands include Saxon, Accept, Motley Crue, Pretty Maids... even friggin' Billy Idol!)

edit: and of course Return of the Living Dead which boasts an awesome punk rock soundtrack and some of the most colorful characters in a film ever.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Trick Or Treat
Hard Rock Zombies
Rocktober Blood (great movie, included Nigel Benjamin from Mott The Hoople)
Rock N' Roll Nightmare
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Lots of good ones listed.

Spinal Tap is one of my all-time favorites.
Bad News was great too. Wish I had it.
Detroit Rock City
Rock Star (even though they over "holywood-ized' the story and the ending is stupid!)
The Doors
Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park
Air Heads
Eddie and the Cruisers

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:43 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Do yourself a major favor and rent it or buy it. I picked up my copy for $10 or something like that. I saw it when it first came out 20 years ago or so and it's still just as hillarious.
so many metal cliches just open for ribbing.

I heard Dio talk about it once "spinal Tap Moments". Getting lost backstage, Dee Snider talked about it once. Simply hillarious.....

headbanger

"But these go to eleven"......
I've seen a ton of clips from it, and I've never really found them all that funny. I figured it was one of those overrated classics, like Keeper of the Seven Keys I and II. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

As a bonus on the way home we were starving so we stopped at a Wendy's and - I'm all for hiring the inferm and handicapped - but the guy serving our food had some level of "ailment" (I don't know what) but he was DROOLING!!! DROOLING all over the place!!!!!! I took a comment card and mailed them a strongly worded complaint ( Rolling Eyes :defleppard: ) which I'm sure ended up in the trash. I watched carefully and he didn't drool into our food.....but man, he was dirty and drooling. Did I mention DROOLING???
his drool might have actually added some flavor to that bland fast food. Razz

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
I've seen a ton of clips from it, and I've never really found them all that funny. I figured it was one of those overrated classics, like Keeper of the Seven Keys I and II. Haha.

Just rent it then. It's not slapstick, but it just pokes a whole lotta fun at rock n roll and metal. The 'over the topness', the 'excess', the 'artiste' element if you will. very funny. but then again different strokes eh?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:08 am

Some great ones have been mentioned, but here's two that have not:

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains
The Wall

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:01 am

Slapshot! Hockey = Metal, Metal = Hockey

Also, a lifelong fan of Bad News/More Bad News. Locky is trying to teach me how to get my dvd player to go region free, so I can finally get the Comic Strip boxset, but I just have not had the time to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????   What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite Metal (rock n roll) flix??????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next