Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great "forgotten" singers

Go down 
+10
James B.
Thrasher73
brokentulsa
Troublezone
Eyesore
SideShowDisaSter
Devin's Child
Lari
Lurideath
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Great "forgotten" singers  Empty
PostSubject: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 11:43 pm

When it comes to the best singers, we always talk about Bruce, Rob and RJD mainly.

But there are several amazing vocalists out there, who never really got the recognition they deserve.

The first one to come to my mind is Andrew Pyke, Marshall Law's former singer. This guy has got some amazing pipes:

Which are you favourite forgotten singers? Discuss...

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:43 am

Well there are a few!

Alan Tecchio is the 1st one that comes to mind. His work in Watchtower, Hades, and a few more bands are all beyond awesome!!

Charly Steinhauer from Paradox is also quite amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Alexander Koch. 

The guy from Powergod and Winters Bane, he had a good nasty sound, with a nice range as well. Courtroom of Traitors is a killer track off of Powergod's Nemesis. I'd link it but it's not on Youtube. He is so forgotten.

And Winters Bane? I love that song Remember to Forget, but only a demo version is available:

Still cool.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm

John Falzone from Steel Assassin:

Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Marco Hietala of Tarot (ex-Nightwish, Sinergy, Northern Kings)

Back to top Go down
http://www.miikamanninen.net
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Glen Hansen who did vocals on Whiplash - Insult To Injury. Don't know if he did anything else...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Russ Klimczak from Ion Vein was pretty badass. The band was too.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 am

Guy Ritter from Tourniquet.

He had a decent run of three great albums. His work with Echo Hollow was pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:41 am

Todd Michael Hall. He never got the recognition he deserves.

One of my all time favourite singers ever:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am

Devin's Child wrote:
Marco Hietala of Tarot (ex-Nightwish, Sinergy, Northern Kings)

Great singer, one of top my favourites, but I don't agree about the "forgotten" part. Marco at some point seemed to be guesting on every heavy metal album made, so I'm pretty sure people are familiar with his voice. 

Not to mention Nightwish is arguably the biggest "newer" (2000->) heavy metal band in the world, so he's gotten plenty of exposure through that.
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 10:42 am

Lari wrote:

Great singer, one of top my favourites, but I don't agree about the "forgotten" part. Marco at some point seemed to be guesting on every heavy metal album made, so I'm pretty sure people are familiar with his voice. 

Not to mention Nightwish is arguably the biggest "newer" (2000->) heavy metal band in the world, so he's gotten plenty of exposure through that.

Yeah. Maybe the forgotten was wrong expression with him, but many times I´ve heard people talk about great singers and music journalists listing up huge singers, and his name is was not involved. This is of course my opinion, but he is one of the best metal singers.

And in Nightwish there has been more talks of the fronting ladies both in good and bad. Marco has been just the second voice, although in fe. Phantom of the opera he totally steals the show.

Now he may become forgotten since he has departed Nightwish and stepped outside of music industry. Hope he returns some day.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 11:40 am

George Criston from kick axe.. amazing vocalist..
Steve Hayman from heavy pettin also comes to mind
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Devin's Child wrote:
Lari wrote:

This is of course my opinion, but he is one of the best metal singers.
He is incredible. And also has a powerful, unique bass sound when he plays.

Tarot is my favourite Finnish metal band. They were among the pioneers of the entire scene. I read his book this winter and he's been involved in so many things. At least here in Finland he's anything but "forgotten". In fact, I don't even know how much bigger than Marco Hietala you can get here. 

He just won the Finnish version of "The Masked Singer" reality show:

Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 5:57 pm

[quote="Lari"] At least here in Finland he's anything but "forgotten". In fact, I don't even know how much bigger than Marco Hietala you can get here. [quote="Lari"]

Yeah. Here in Funland he is huge, but this is the buble we live in. lol!

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 7:19 pm

Lari wrote:
Alexander Koch. 

The guy from Powergod and Winters Bane, he had a good nasty sound, with a nice range as well. Courtroom of Traitors is a killer track off of Powergod's Nemesis. I'd link it but it's not on Youtube. He is so forgotten.

And Winters Bane? I love that song Remember to Forget, but only a demo version is available:

Still cool.

Yes he has a great voice! He was awesome on Redivivus.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Lari wrote:
Alexander Koch. 

Still cool.

Yes he has a great voice! He was awesome on Redivivus.

I have the Redivivus album. He did a great job singing!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 am

Does a "singer" being
 "forgotten"
make them "fascinating"?
thinking

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 1:31 am

James B. wrote:
Does a "singer" being
 "forgotten"
make them "fascinating"?
thinking

The word forgotten was the only one i could come up with. Bear in mind that English is my THIRD language Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 am

Gilbert wrote:
James B. wrote:
Does a "singer" being
 "forgotten"
make them "fascinating"?
thinking

The word forgotten was the only one i could come up with. Bear in mind that English is my THIRD language Razz

My reply has nothing to do with you.
It was done in jest regarding another thread about singers. Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 9:18 am

James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
James B. wrote:
Does a "singer" being
 "forgotten"
make them "fascinating"?
thinking

My reply has nothing to do with you.
It was done in jest regarding another thread about singers. Laughing very hard

I know. I was just explaining why i had used the term Forgotten, which i wasn't sure would be the appropriate one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 am

A singer having other talents outside singing that they excel at makes them fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 11:27 am

Lari wrote:
A singer having other talents outside singing that they excel at makes them fascinating.

Thus, Bruce.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 7:33 pm

Lari wrote:

It can, totally subjective.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:
[ I was just explaining why i had used the term Forgotten, which i wasn't sure would be the appropriate one.

(IMHDO)
Nothing wrong with using "forgotten", it conveys the point you were trying to make in the question.

Seems we had a misunderstanding?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 pm

James B. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
[ I was just explaining why i had used the term Forgotten, which i wasn't sure would be the appropriate one.

(IMHDO)
Nothing wrong with using "forgotten", it conveys the point you were trying to make in the question.

Seems we had a misunderstanding?

Actually no, i never noticed any misunderstanding. Just wanted to check whether Forgotten was an appropriate term Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great "forgotten" singers    Great "forgotten" singers  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great "forgotten" singers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next