Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Mania

Go down 
+10
jstate
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Wargod
KissinMaiden
sovdat
mc666
outofstep
Troublezone
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:39 pm

Does anyone watch this show on VH1Classic? I much prefer it over the new Headbangers Ball. It's kinda like how Headbangers Ball used to be. I watch this show for hours sometimes.

I know it's mostly older stuff, but I still discover stuff this way. To me, music is timeless. What came out back in the 80s is just as new to me as stuff coming out nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 pm

VH-1 is more about rock and MTV is all about (c)rap! To answer the question, yeah it's cool to see all the old vids on that show.
Back to top Go down

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 am

I was watching the other night and it was great! I seen videos from Warrant to Iron Maiden to Metallica. All kinds of stuff. Even stuff I'd never heard (like those rare bands that never made it). It's nice that this show doesn't just air the popular stuff.

They seem to be comfortable with everything from glam metal to classic metal to thrash.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:23 am

I love metal mania. They really do play some long lost gems that I don't even remember seeing on headbangers ball back in the day. I still tape hbb every week, but I find that I fast forward through 95% of it. Occasionally they'll slip in a couple of old classics, but mostly it's just tired uninspired metalcore crap.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 am

i never cared for watching music videos. they all seem so :defleppard:

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:39 am

It's a solid show, but there are so many repeats you're just constantly watching the same shows over and over again. Good to have on as background music, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:40 am

mc666 wrote:
i never cared for watching music videos. they all seem so :defleppard:

With the exeption of Warlock. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:10 am

I don't have a cable TV or such, but I was at friends apartment yesterday and I think that we watched that VH1, really surprising to see a Wrathchild America video!!! But they put on Green Day after it Smile
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 am

Used to watch when I had cable in my room but, not anyone it was a good past time if you were really bored since most songs were just hair bands but i like em too.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:43 am

outofstep wrote:
I love metal mania. They really do play some long lost gems that I don't even remember seeing on headbangers ball back in the day. I still tape hbb every week, but I find that I fast forward through 95% of it. Occasionally they'll slip in a couple of old classics, but mostly it's just tired uninspired metalcore crap.

Here here I agree 100% with this.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 am

Unfortunatly I don't get VH1 Classic here (not without paying extra and since it's my dad's satellite service, it aint happening). But I have seen it at my mom's house and yes, it is much more like Headbanger's Ball of old.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 am

I don't have cable TV or satellite so I don't get MTV or VH1. I don't need it anyhow. I rarely have time to sit and watch music videos. When I do, which is usually when I jump onto the eliptical machine to do some cardio exercise, I usually pull out a concert DVD.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:04 am

I loved "Metal Mania" when I first got VH1 Classic added to my cable, but after a while I was getting tired of seeing the same videos by the same faces (Ozzy, Poison, Warrant, Metallica, etc.) over and over and OVER again week after week. It is nice when they throw out an old-school bone like Crimson Glory's "Lonely" (I damn near fell outta my chair the first time I saw that, as I had NEVER seen that video!) but after a couple of weeks I stopped watching it regularly. Now I only tune in once every so often (it seems to be on a lot between 3 and 6 AM lately, when I happen to be up feeding the baby). I notice they've done away with Eddie Trunk as the host? When did that happen?
For a while I was recording the show every week so I have four or five VHS tapes full of classic stuff 🤘
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:11 am

I refuse to give Dish Network any more of my money, so no VH1 classic on my system. Though I always see it listed on the grid and think how much I would probably love it. I miss the old Headbanger's Ball. I too record and ffwd through most of the current version. I'm almost convinced the same guy directs 90% of what is on there - every video literally looks the same. And way too much metalcore for my tastes. Then they'll play something great at the end or have a cool interview and I'll wonder why the whole show can't be that good.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 am

We dont have METAL MANIA on vh1 in Spain but we have FRIDAY ROCKS, a 3 hour show, that is cool and everyday VH1 ROCKs for 30 minuts.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 am

I catch it from time to time. It's not bad as background noise, but it does get a bit repetitive.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 10:48 am

I catch the show now and then, more of back ground music while on the PC, until a cool songs comes on then I'll watch it.
Back to top Go down

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Yeah, I dont' watch it every week or anything. I only watch it maybe once a month - so to me it doesn't get old.

I also don't have time to watch a lot of tv. I have it - because it's nice to sit down and watch something if you feel like it.

But I work from home and have a son full time, not to mention I go out of town frequently.

But I don't mind forking out the cash for it - it's nice to be able to watch these old videos when you want to.

PLUS - I've seen a lot of them from before ... but I gotta say it's like watching a whole new video since I now have a big screen HD tv! It really brings these old videos to life!

I was watching Metallica the other night and James' face with HUGE! Man it was great! Like I was there or something. Plus I have it hooked up to a 1,000 WATT 5.1 surround sound system - so yeah ... it's a nice relaxant.

lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:20 pm

I really don't watch music videos that much anymore. Except for the rare glimpse of Headbanger's Ball now and then, the only music videos I've watched were from volume 1&2 of the Monsters Of Metal DVDs, and I only wathced them all the way through once (various videos here and there). One of these days when I have a normal job, more money, and more free time I might get more volumes (some of the videos are awful, but the good material far outweighs the bad). Also when I eventually get my own place, and I can afford it, I might get VH1 Classic and try to catch more Headbanger's Ball. Until then, music videos will have to remain on the back burner.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Love it - I'm not usually up at 1 or 2 in the AM, but if I am I turn it on. I don't usually see the same videos since I don't watch it that often

It;s much better than the new HBB
Back to top Go down

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Love it - I'm not usually up at 1 or 2 in the AM, but if I am I turn it on. I don't usually see the same videos since I don't watch it that often

It;s much better than the new HBB

They also play the same show during the daytime sometimes after they air it in the AM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Mania   Metal Mania Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Mania
Page 1 of 1