Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why the "flat earth" mania ?

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Addy
Stender
MetalGuy71
Lari
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Why the "flat earth" mania ? Empty
PostSubject: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Why are lots of people on internet trying to prove the earth as a disc in 2018 ???
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

To troll people.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

When Donald Trump was elected president, all reasonable, logical thought went out the window. Any crazy, crackpot theory is game now.

We of course know the earth isn't flat. It's round and hollow. Otherwise, where would all the mole-people and CHUD's live?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Are we sure it's not a cube ? Now that would be awesome !

Why the "flat earth" mania ? Latest?cb=20160902074547
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Same reason people on the internet and real life try to convince you the earth is only 6000 years old and dinosaurs and humans had picnics and shit.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

personally I believe the Earth is younger than alot believe but i dont go forcing my belief down peoples throats....

As for the Flat mania....

Short Skinny is this... We are getting dumber not smarter, when we have to tell dumbasses to not eat Tide Pods or drink Drano or whatever it really makes me feel like we've gone down the intelligence ladder a couple steps. I attest the Flat thing to that.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

I've been saying it and unfortunately apparently I'll continue to keep saying it:

"The Marching Morons" - C.M. Kornbluth (1951)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

It continues to amaze me that something written over 60 years ago could have been so prescient.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Stender wrote:
dinosaurs and humans had picnics and shit.

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit -- you're telling me that this image is not historically accurate? Mind...blown!

Why the "flat earth" mania ? Hanna-barbera-RidingDino

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 11:02 pm

For anyone who has the time and interest. This brilliant documentary explains why conspiracy theories have been getting more and more absurd in recent years and who really benefits.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm

As much as I don't think the earth is flat, I do admire that one guy who's been trying to build his own rocket to go a fact finding mission to prove it's flat.

That's the American dream right there.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Flat earthers are great comedy and nothing more. To say the every photo taken of earth from space showing you the curvature of the planet is Photoshop is beyond ridiculous. I guess when I look at Jupiter through my telescope I'm not looking at a sphere, but a magical illusion put up by the government? The round thing in the sky is really just a projection from Gotham city? The simple fact that I can stand in New York with a stick in the ground, and a friend can stand in California with the same sized stick at the same exact moment, and they each cast a shadow of different length is all the proof anyone needs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Shouldn't all the ships that sail across the world be falling off the edge? Maybe the invisible border keeps the ocean from spilling into the great beyond... insane

We're all just the imagination of someone from another dimension in the twilight zone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
As much as I don't think the earth is flat, I do admire that one guy who's been trying to build his own rocket to go a fact finding mission to prove it's flat.

...more like "that's a Darwin Award in the making right there." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:12 am

Well, seeing as so many people in such a seemingly highly developed country actually treat the bible as a factual written source...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

...more like "that's a Darwin Award in the making right there." Laughing very hard

That too.

The thing I don't get about the whole flat earth thing is why it's a big deal to begin with. Like, some conspiracy theories, even though they are probably are not true, if they were, it would be a big deal that would affect a lot of people.

The flat earth thing is just semantics. I can't imagine that, even if I didn't believe the earth was round, I would devote my life to that belief.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Well, seeing as so many people in such a seemingly highly developed country actually treat the bible as a factual written source...

lol!
I was going to say the same..

Go ahead and ridicule other beliefs, other religions, non believers, science, conspiacy theories... Bud God and Jesus are for real, and the bible is their or his? spoken words. The earth is 6000 years old, I could go on...

Come on people Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 am

Funny thing is, in this country Christianity is about the one thing you can make fun of. As for factual, it's more documented then any other belief system out there.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Funny thing is, in this country Christianity is about the one thing you can make fun of. As for factual, it's more documented then any other belief system out there.

Not sure what you mean by more documented. There is actual proof that your exact belief system is correct?

Seeing your country from across the Atlantic it seems that you take religion extremely serious. There is mention of god all over the place in sports, politics and so on...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 11:44 am

Olafsto wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Not sure what you mean by more documented. There is actual proof that your exact belief system is correct?

Seeing your country from across the Atlantic it seems that you take religion extremely serious. There is mention of god all over the place in sports, politics and so on...

God was inserted into everything, from the pledge to on the face of money, in the 50s, in an attempt to...combat communism.

We're doing great over here, really. Super good.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

God was inserted into everything, from the pledge to on the face of money, in the 50s, in an attempt to...combat communism.

We're doing great over here, really. Super good.

Looks like it`s working out great for you yeah.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:53 pm

I ain't getting into it, I feel the disdain across the oceans. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Yeah a typical snarky atheist comment.

Well, for one thing the Earth has been proven not to be flat. The existence of God cannot be disproved... although it's really a matter of personal faith.

I could say to you being you're Scandinavian, that in 100 years your great grandchildren will worship Allah. But let's not go there...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I could say to you being you're Scandinavian, that in 100 years your great grandchildren will worship Allah. But let's not go there...

You did say it and you did go there lol!

As for me, I dunno! I don't really rate Christianity any higher or any lower than other belief systems which I think are systems of control. As for the existence of God or Gods I genuinely feel certain that I have not the first clue. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You did say it and you did go there lol!

As for me, I dunno! I don't really rate Christianity any higher or any lower than other belief systems which I think are systems of control. As for the existence of God or Gods I genuinely feel certain that I have not the first clue. don\'t know

I know I did! I was giving an example.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Indirect insults are lame... just say how you really feel! Smile

I should be a "free thinker" like Phil Anselmo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the "flat earth" mania ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next