Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NFL returns to Los Angeles

Go down 
+8
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
GrandNational
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The NFL returns to Los Angeles Empty
PostSubject: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 pm

The 2016 season will feature the Los Angeles Rams for the first time in 21 years.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-chargers-rams-20160113-story.html

The San Diego Chargers have been given the option to join them in a shared stadium in Inglewood. The Raiders applied to move back to Los Angeles but will remain in Oakland for now.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
The 2016 season will feature the Los Angeles Rams for the first time in 21 years.  

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-chargers-rams-20160113-story.html

The San Diego Chargers have been given the option to join them in a shared stadium in Inglewood.  The Raiders applied to move back to Los Angeles but will remain in Oakland for now.  

This is where they always belonged, no matter how fickle L.A residents may be. I would like to say it's shocking that the #2 market for the N.F.L. has been without a team for 20+ years, but it is L.A. The Chargers need to get something hammered out and stay in San Diego, but I have a feeling they will be joining the Rams soon.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:51 pm

On a related note, good riddance Kroenke and your decade of losing.

On a positive side I have a new team to hate, the "LA Rams".  They sucked here for 17 of the last 20 years and Stan wonders why the attendance sucked. 

Good luck LA Rams; may you suck just as badly as you did here since 2003.  And I will laugh my ass off when you do.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 pm

I can't believe I now have a team I hate worse than New England.  But I do...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:56 pm

What's even funnier to me?

This news is pre-empting the final State of The Union Address from Obama here.  That cracks me up. 

I'll refrain from further editorial or political comments.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 pm

I, for one, am glad.

Have fun enjoying mediocre or worse football.  Lord knows, we got used to it here in STL.  We got excited when it looked like this team might finish at .500. 

Have fun with that crap LA-ites.   Now I can root for my Arizona Cardinals like I always wanted to.

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 pm

I completely understand why you're pissed. I remember when the Baltimore Colts snuck out of town in the middle of the night on their way to Indianapolis. I remember in the 90s when the owner of the Seahawks moved the team to Los Angeles overnight...only to be bought out by Paul Allen almost immediately and they were back in Seattle for the start of the season. Team relocation always plays havoc with fans.

Hell, I'm sure back in the 90s there were a lot of pissed off Angelinos when the Rams moved to St. Louis.

and yeah...I don't expect the change of venue to altar their usual 7-9 average record. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:49 pm

I think what pisses me off most is Kroenke whining about the lack of fan support.

I don't care what sport it is or what city it's in, if you put a product on the field that finishes below .500 for 12 straight years, no city will turn out to support it.

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think what pisses me off most is Kroenke whining about the lack of fan support.

I don't care what sport it is or what city it's in, if you put a product on the field that finishes below .500 for 12 straight years, no city will turn out to support it.

Could be worse, you could live in Cleveland. Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 pm

It will be interesting to see how this develops next for the Chargers and Raiders.

The Chargers have a year to make a deal to share the Inglewood stadium with the Rams. I think that's what will end up happening. If they do decide to relocate to Los Angeles and join the Rams in the new stadium the NFL has to find them a temporary venue to play in. Possibilities include the Rose Bowl and Dodgers Stadium. The Rams will be playing in the old Memorial Colloseum for the next 3 seasons (where USC plays) while waiting for the new venue to be constructed in Inglewood.

If the Chargers decide not to share the stadium with the Rams then the Raiders will have another shot to relocate, they will also be given a year to reach a deal with the Rams.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this develops next for the Chargers and Raiders.  

The Chargers have a year to make a deal to share the Inglewood stadium with the Rams.  I think that's what will end up happening.  If they do decide to relocate to Los Angeles and join the Rams in the new stadium the NFL has to find them a temporary venue to play in.  Possibilities include the Rose Bowl and Dodgers Stadium.  The Rams will be playing in the old Memorial Colloseum for the next 3 seasons (where USC plays) while waiting for the new venue to be constructed in Inglewood.  

If the Chargers decide not to share the stadium with the Rams then the Raiders will have another shot to relocate, they will also be given a year to reach a deal with the Rams.  

The Raiders saga has been going on for years and funny enough has only died down since the death of Al Davis, though there's always been that threat to move back to L.A. I thought the renovations they did in Oakland should have been enough to keep them in the bay area. It's a good stadium for football, but a bad one for baseball. The capacity is too large for Oakland A's games and the foul ground is beyond ridiculous. Regarding San Diego, they already lost one team to L.A in that of the Clippers way back in the day. San Diego is too big of a market to only have one sports franchise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Honestly, there was pretty vocal opposition here about the Raiders coming back to Los Angeles. Supposedly it was the primary reason the owners decided not to back the Carson stadium plan...because the Raiders were tied in with it.

I have a feeling that everyone behind the scenes is hoping that the Chargers make the deal with the Rams so they don't have to worry about the Raiders having another opportunity to move back to Los Angeles.

*one funny aside* - All these teams supposedly moving because they want shiny new stadiums...and they get to play in a 100,000 seat outdoor stadium built in 1923 for the next 3 years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:23 am

LA is also getting a new football, eh, I mean soccer team with the Los Angeles Football Club in 2017 I believe. That will make a pair of football, soccer, basketball, baseball, and if you count the Ducks, hockey teams in the LA area soon. It's unbelievable we haven't had a football team in over 20 years. I'm glad we can move forward now with this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:03 am

Never liked the Raiders. Oakland can keep 'em!

All (tough guy) image, no substance...
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 9:11 am

Gregg Williams is the leagues biggest douche. He will fit right in in El Lay.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 11:36 am

I'm a Raiders die-hard. Started with them in 80 and followed them ever since. If they moved to San Antonio, I'd still be a fan, but I'd like them to stay in Oakland.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 pm

I hope the Rams switch back to their 1980s style uniform colors.

The NFL returns to Los Angeles Eric-dickerson_pg_600
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39607

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Although it doesn't really matter to me either way, it's cool to be saying the Los Angeles Rams again.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Todd Gurly might run even better in those colors...who wouldn't! I love that era's look.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Boy are people here pissed!  Kroenke better never show his face here again.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 pm

I feel bad for St. Louis. They lost the Cards, now the Rams. The area is certainly sports-savvy and will support a well run team. Maybe the St. Louis Raiders!?! Woo!

I support laundry, not a city, so I don't care where the Raiders set up shop, although for posterity I do prefer Oakland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:41 pm

007 wrote:
Although it doesn't really matter to me either way, it's cool to be saying the Los Angeles Rams again.

Agreed. I never got used to the concept of "St. Louis Rams", I started really paying attention to football around 1979 and the teams from that era are what have always felt correct to me. I also remember the Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers and St. Louis Cardinals.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm going back to following the Arizona Cardinals.  I started following the St Louis Cardinals in the NFL when I became a rabid Cardinals baseball fan.  Since I lived in PA at the time, I really didn't care when they move to AZ; I just kept following them.  But the Rams came here the same year I did so I adopted them. 

Well, screw that.  I want them to suck hard for the next several years and we'll see how well LA supports the same crappy product we had here.  Go Cards!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 5:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

Agreed.  I never got used to the concept of "St. Louis Rams", I started really paying attention to football around 1979 and the teams from that era are what have always felt correct to me.  I also remember the Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers and St. Louis Cardinals.  

I feel the same way. St. Louis got the Rams, but it just seemed odd. I think it's better when a city loses a team, it's at least allowed to keep the colors/logo/name. The Supersonics retained everything before that a-hole owner moved them to Oklahoma City. Regarding the Rams, I remember that '79 team fairly well; Vince Ferragamo, Wendell Tyler, Jack & Jim Youngblood, etc...

I wished the city of Houston would have kept the colors and retained the name Oilers. Bud Adams (the late owner) made sure that all the records transferred right over to the Nashville franchise and the NFL actually retired the colors and nickname of the team. I wish the Texans would revert back, but they're probably happy with their new identity.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Our local news is now reporting that there was some backdoor maneuvering between Kroenke and Jerry Jones to get Jones to help "twist arms".  So suddenly they went from a 20-12 vote to the final 30-2 vote.  More fuel to the fire of hatred I already had for the Cowboys.

PostSubject: Re: The NFL returns to Los Angeles   The NFL returns to Los Angeles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NFL returns to Los Angeles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: