Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon Advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:27 pm

So I've been purchasing used off Amazon for a number of years with nothing but great buys. Now twice in a week I've ordered remastered/enhanced discs that have shown up as the older original releases. Now before I contact the sellers, what I was wondering from anyone who has sold on there is this something that could be done unknowingly or unintentionally? The multiple listings for the same item does seem like a very confusing system and I hate to put it on a seller if it wasn't their fault.

Any advice?
Back to top Go down

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Other than just checking with the seller to ensure both of you knew all details of the sale, I dont have any advice.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:25 am

whether it was the sellers fault or not, you didn't get what you ordered. contact the seller & set up a return & either a refund or the correct item as listed.

if he refuses, file with Amazon... you'll get your money back.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 am

Will do, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:45 pm

There shouldn't ever be a mistake since they specifically state which version they have on the site so it's most likely just deceptive sellers trying to hook people.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:45 am

I actually for the third time in a week had this happen on yet another disc. One seller offered a bunch of excuses which blamed everyone but himself for the wrong item. The others have yet to respond. Wanted to believe it was a simple mix-up but you're right troublezone - just deceptive sellers. I hate to think I would have to abandon Amazon Marketplace like I did ebay long ago. At least from what I hear Amazon is good about the refunds.

I guess this is the flip-side of the time the guy I ordered a Maiden remaster from, for little more than shipping, sent the Castle release instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amazon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Advice   Amazon Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon Advice
Page 1 of 1