Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Coronavirus - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I think the orange buffoon is actually right to start looking at these things but what he shouldn't be doing is talking about it before 10,000+ New Yorkers are even in the ground.

People should definitely be looking at how to ease back into opening the economy, but not yet. They should be thinking how and what will be done when it is time. Trump keeps throwing out unreasonably soon dates. To his (limited) credit, he changes that date as the original date approaches and it is clear it's too early. Like when he wanted things open by Easter, but as it approached, it was postponed, as it should've been obviously.

But the problem, for me, with him rushing out these specific and very close dates are that the group of people that follow him are also some of the most vocal and restless about the economy reopening ASAP. GOP leaders are the one who have thrown out the idea that people (or elderly people) should be willing to die for the economy.

It goes without saying he is not a strong leader. Any president, from any party, would have a hard time in this situation. But Trump can't do things without every person or organization along the way, especially if they disagree with him or have the audacity to question his approach or abilities.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am

One boost to the economy would be a pay per view cage fight between Trump and Cuomo!

It would make a ton of money and I even think Cuomo would waive his fee! lol!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:51 am

Ha, I'd watch that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:54 am

[quote="ZombieHavoc"]
Boris2008 wrote:
GOP leaders are the one who have thrown out the idea that people (or elderly people) should be willing to die for the economy.

My response to this is 'Okay, you first' but they never mean themselves!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:07 pm

I love how everyone is now both epidemioligists AND economic geniuses.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I love how everyone is now both epidemioligists AND economic geniuses.

It's funny that you should mention that because I claim to be both.

Here are my calculations

1000+ Dead people a day in the UK = Were fucked!
A drop in GDP for the current quarter in the UK of 35% = Were fucked!

Care to debunk my findings?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Can we not go all political in this thread, gang?

C'mon, I thought we all came to this forum to get away from that partisan bullshit.

Thanks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Can we not go all political in this thread, gang?

C'mon, I thought we all came to this forum to get away from that partisan bullshit.

Thanks.

It's hard not to, considering the world's collective life are in the hands of those in leadership.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 4:34 pm

I only ask cuz I've already had some complaints via PM and I don't want this thread to drive anyone away from the forum. Lord knows we have few enough regulars as it is.

I'd rather read hilarious stories about how many miles we've had to drive for TP and beer than whatever the Orange One said about the Coronavirus on Twitter today, anyway.

But maybe that's just me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I only ask cuz I've already had some complaints via PM and I don't want this thread to drive anyone away from the forum. Lord knows we have few enough regulars as it is.

I'd rather read hilarious stories about how many miles we've had to drive for TP and beer than whatever the Orange One said about the Coronavirus on Twitter today, anyway.

I mean, I will refrain from posting about politics...but people are seriously sending complaints over comments about Trump? Jeez. I don't even know what to say about that ha.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:00 pm

The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy.

Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It's not just you; I'd rather read that kind of stuff too.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread though and IMO it has gotten a little too political. And before anyone asks I haven't PM'd FF about this thread at all.

I understand the frustration people have with how various countries' political leaders have been handling this mess and obviously since Trump was the most polarizing political figure I've ever seen in my lifetime BEFORE this it's only natural for people to take exception to things he does NOW.

But when we dip down into stuff like "orange buffoon" I think we're on the edge of turning this thread political. 

I'm fine with stories of how your areas are faring during this catastrophe and hearing about what's going on in the different places you people live.  In fact those kinds of posts are not only informational from a "corona virus perspective" but they also give all of us more insight into how different HoM members' experience of this is based on where they  live.

But can we please refrain from political commentary in this thread?

Today I had to go to the pharmacy looking like a robber because the stupid masks I ordered from Amazon hadn't come yet but I had 4 prescriptions I need refilled NOW because my state "peak" for corona is anticipated next week.  I had to tie a black scarf I got from the World Wildlife Federation over my face as a "mask" just so I could pick up my meds. 

Isn't that kind of story closer to the purpose of this thread?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's not just you; I'd rather read that kind of stuff too.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread though and IMO it has gotten a little too political. And before anyone asks I haven't PM'd FF about this thread at all.

I understand the frustration people have with how various countries' political leaders have been handling this mess and obviously since Trump was the most polarizing political figure I've ever seen in my lifetime BEFORE this it's only natural for people to take exception to things he does NOW.

But when we dip down into stuff like "orange buffoon" I think we're on the edge of turning this thread political. 

I'm fine with stories of how your areas are faring during this catastrophe and hearing about what's going on in the different places you people live.  In fact those kinds of posts are not only informational from a "corona virus perspective" but they also give all of us more insight into how different HoM members' experience of this is based on where they  live.

But can we please refrain from political commentary in this thread?

Today I had to go to the pharmacy looking like a robber because the stupid masks I ordered from Amazon hadn't come yet but I had 4 prescriptions I need refilled NOW because my state "peak" for corona is anticipated next week.  I had to tie a black scarf I got from the World Wildlife Federation over my face as a "mask" just so I could pick up my meds. 

Isn't that kind of story closer to the purpose of this thread?

I've already spoken to Fat Freddy and was going to let it go but

I have seen wildly political stuff on here including blatant racism and homophobia, absolute bullshit about my country from someone who had never been here. Constant threads about 'social justice warriors' (ie anyone to the left of Trump) and the mods have at no time said a single thing about any of it.

So I called Trump an orange buffoon. That is a statement of fact and you want to jump all over it.

Not to worry guys, no more 'political' stuff from me, I'm out

Mods please remove my profile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Now now, Boris. Let’s not do anything hasty.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Oh for cryin' out loud...

Boris, nobody's gonna delete your profile. Have a beer and chill out for awhile, then c'mon back.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 12:09 am

What scares me the most is how weak humanity actually turned out to be.

When it all started, i honestly was expecting the big leading countries to handle this immediately, by controlling its spread and eventually finding a cure fast.

It turned out that those big nations are actually weak, very weak. Hell, my tiny country is handling the Covid-19 pandemic way way better.

On a funny note, when French president was visiting the now famous Professor Didier Raoult, he was astonished how most of his research team is made of students coming from my tiny country, and from poor african countries.

I was reading an interesting article a few days ago. Don't get me wrong here, but the writer concludes that western societies turned out not to be as educated as they looked.

I really wonder if big nations will still keep on imposing hard conditions for getting a visa to go there.

Our entire diaspora has chosen to return home because it turned out that our local healthcare system is way more advanced after all.

Moreover, almost all the US and Europeans living here (there are thousands of US citizens here) have clearly stated that they will not go home because it is not safe!

Don't get me wrong, i love the USA and its people and will surely go visit one day, but this approach of making it impossible for me to go there should be reconsidered.

That said, one of the few good things about the Covid-19 outbreak is that nations are being reset, and the world is restarting from scratch.

Let's hope for the best.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 1:23 am

Gotta live for today, fella's. That's the only answer that makes sense.

That and LISTEN TO MORE VAN HALEN. tr00
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 2:32 am

Never mind, should have read to the end before I posted. Delete this post if ya,want lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 4:04 am

corplhicks wrote:

Amen brother headbanger.

That reminds me. I have a Van Halen best of. Will give it a spin now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39552

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Now now, Boris. Let’s not do anything hasty.

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh for cryin' out loud...

Boris, nobody's gonna delete your profile. Have a beer and chill out for awhile, then c'mon back.

He'll definitely be back.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 10:13 am

corplhicks wrote:

Are they a new group? Any good? I have heard of Billie Eilish, but notthis Van Halen you speak of. Is it some kind of transportation thing? Like an Aerosmith?

Wink
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 11:08 am

Gilbert,

I think in some cases the USA's size has obvious advantages, but for something like this the logistics of being such a large nation poses problems.

Keep in mind NO country on earth was prepared for this, and it's still far too early to know which approach was best. I suspect the different political...but more importantly cultural diiferences of each nation will determine outcomes

One thing is certain: modern humans have WAY TOO much dependence on the government to bail them out. This should not be the case.

I know we are all going through something, but if you study history our generation is by far the luckiest/safest and most comfortable in human history. Prior to 1950 I'd challenge you to find a period in history where someone who lived to be 50 didn't go through some MAJOR thing, whether locally and/or globally.

We will get past this. It'll suck...but we are all now building a kind of mental muscle we never knew we even had a cess to. WE...and I mean all 7.7 billion...will be WAY better for this if only we gird ourselves, don't give in to fear and despair, and get on with living.

It'll be almost dreamlike when it happens but one day in 6 or 13 or 18 months the clouds will lift and we'll realize life is effing incredible. It is incredible now still, we're all just more acutely aware of how challenging life can be, and we're distracted and worried. The best is ahead of us. I promise.

Everyone stay safe and stay positive and meet the road ahead with head up. One day closer!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm

I agree with what you stated Scott.

Let's hope we resume our normal lives the soonest, with the least casualties.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm

I would like to make one political statement then I will let it rest. Remember back when politics were never brought up on this board? Yeah, those were good times!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 6:33 pm

Has anyone been grocery shopping lately?

I went for the first time today in about 2 weeks.  HOLY CRAP!!!  I half expected to be strip-searched at some point.  First they have one entrance blocked off; everyone has to go in through the same entrance.  Inside that entrance is an employee whose sole job it to click on a computer that another person is entering the store.  Then you go thru another door and there are a bunch of spots on the floor.  Each spot is 6 ft from the spot in front of it.  You stand on the next available spot waiting for a shopping cart.  Each cart is retrieved by an employee who wipes it down and hands it to the person on the first spot.  Then everyone moves up a spot until you get your cart. 

The shopping itself was pretty normal and store shelves were surprisingly well-stocked (except for toilet paper which I only checked out out of curiosity because I now have enough to last a year).  But as you shop there are "distance police" who try to make sure no one gets too close to anyone else, shopper or store employee.  Which is just about impossible in some aisles because most have employees stocking the shelves and not only are they there eating up space but so are various boxes, dollies etc.

Then comes the checkout and more spots on the floor.  They've blocked off access to all the checkout lanes by moving all the shelves with the crap normally in each lane (candy and such) in one big long line which forces you to queue up on the spots again.  Cashiers wave the person on the first spot forward to checkout and again, everyone behind moves up a spot.  And then as you leave there's another employee whose sole job is to say "thank you" and click on a computer that another person has left the store.  Sheesh.

Kudos to the employees though.  For one thing all the "spot lines" move pretty quick.  And as I said, the shelves were very well stocked for everything except paper products and hand sanitizer (neither of which I need). 

But as I "shopped" I became "Food Noah".  I didn't want to go thru that hassle anytime again soon so I started loading my cart "2 by 2"; I bought 2 of almost everything.  I ended up spending over $300, for ONE person! 

Is everyone else's shopping experience like this?

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 20 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: