Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Coronavirus - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:02 pm

That's been the norm here for about a week or so now. All I needed tonight was milk (we drink a lot of milk in my house and you really can't stock up too much on that) but I really didn't want to go through the hassle of the big market. So, I remembered this little convenience store down the road and I hit up that place. I couldn't believe hey had a deli section with fresh red meats and fully cooked rotisserie chix. I always figured they were a gas station convenience store type place- boy, was I happily wrong. I think this is the Sentinel's new go-to as I have lost patience with the waiting in line at Walmart or the shitty looks if you break the "one way" rule at Stop and Shop cuz you forgot something in the previous aisle.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I might start doing that too Sentinel.

At this point I don't need much but if I run out of something that can't wait there's a convenience store at the entrance to my subdivision that I could literally walk to (probably half a mile).  I've never even been in it so I have no idea what they have but thanks for the info because that's now an option.

I'm sure the prices on stuff are a little higher but at this point I don't care.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:29 pm

I'm watching today's White House corona virus briefing and THIS is what I want to see.

Experts telling us where we are and what's going on.  This is great; information from the experts.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I might start doing that too Sentinel.

At this point I don't need much but if I run out of something that can't wait there's a convenience store at the entrance to my subdivision that I could literally walk to (probably half a mile).  I've never even been in it so I have no idea what they have but thanks for the info because that's now an option.

I'm sure the prices on stuff are a little higher but at this point I don't care.

Anytime, brother.

It's a place I had probably driven by a hundred plus times and never went in as the full size market and Walmart were basically equidistant; but now with the "people herding" and rules about masks and gloves, I am probably done with the weekly shopping and will do one more big stock up until this is over.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching today's White House corona virus briefing and THIS is what I want to see.

Experts telling us where we are and what's going on.  This is great; information from the experts.

cool
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:16 am

My dad went to Costco today, and they had a ton on tp. He was going to buy me some,but I just got my 24 pack two day ago, so I told him no. Kinda kicking myself now, because I still want to get some extra and tp all the trees in my apartment complex so I can film all my neighbors fighting over it. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Will Carroll from Death Angel has returned home after being in the hospital from the Coronavirus.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area-musician-returns-home-after-being-in-2-week-coma-due-to-covid-19
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
My dad went to Costco today, and they had a ton on tp. He was going to buy me some,but I just got my 24 pack two day ago, so I told him no. Kinda kicking myself now, because I still want to get some extra and tp all the trees in my apartment complex so I can film all my neighbors fighting over it. Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 2:27 am

the sentinel wrote:
That's been the norm here for about a week or so now. All I needed tonight was milk (we drink a lot of milk in my house and you really can't stock up too much on that) but I really didn't want to go through the hassle of the big market. So, I remembered this little convenience store down the road and I hit up that place. I couldn't believe hey had a deli section with fresh red meats and fully cooked rotisserie chix. I always figured they were a gas station convenience store type place- boy, was I happily wrong. I think this is the Sentinel's new go-to as I have lost patience with the waiting in line at Walmart or the shitty looks if you break the "one way" rule at Stop and Shop cuz you forgot something in the previous aisle.

We have lots of small convenience shops in my area and they are simply excellent. I no longer hit major supermarkets. As a matter of fact, most of those shops have an excellent home delivery service. This helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 4:53 am

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-04-17/coronavirus-concerts-live-music-return-2021

According to that, no concerts for another year. A WHO estimate.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 12:11 pm

So, Sunday morning paper goods check time: 35 tp, and 20 paper towel. I need to re stock the freezer a bit though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Finally got the unemployment to go through and....got a text from my boss that we are starting back to work on the 27th. Good thing, too. Although we're not hurting, it will be good pulling in a full paycheck again.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Good news 007!!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 4:46 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 5:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
So, Sunday morning paper goods check time: 35 tp, and 20 paper towel. I need to re stock the freezer a bit though.

Yeah, paper towels is what I'm runnin "low" on now.  I mean I still have 40 rolls but I burn through them pretty fast because that's what I used while cleaning every Sunday; I usually go through 3 1/2 rolls or so every Sunday.  I may have to start playing "PT Lottery" on Amazon instead of "TP Lottery".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 6:06 pm

James Murphy (formerly of Death, Testament, Obituary, and others), Karl Willetts (formerly of Bolt Thrower), and Jeff Beccera (Possessed) are joining forces in a "Metal Against Coronavirus" project.

Coronavirus - Page 21 93303586_115867993415912_3413295842541436928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=PACC2ohgiwMAX-QYB16&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yeah, paper towels is what I'm runnin "low" on now.  I mean I still have 40 rolls but I burn through them pretty fast because that's what I used while cleaning every Sunday; I usually go through 3 1/2 rolls or so every Sunday.  I may have to start playing "PT Lottery" on Amazon instead of "TP Lottery".

Laughing very hard Let the games begin!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Required Fields wrote:
James Murphy (formerly of Death, Testament, Obituary, and others), Karl Willetts (formerly of Bolt Thrower), and Jeff Beccera (Possessed) are joining forces in a "Metal Against Coronavirus" project.

Coronavirus - Page 21 93303586_115867993415912_3413295842541436928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=PACC2ohgiwMAX-QYB16&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Good on them! I wish the heavy hitters of the Metal genre would do something big to raise some dough for the less fortunate a la "Hear N Aid" or something like it.

NGL, the dude in the middle of the photo looks like RF at age 50 or so. headbanger Coronavirus - Page 21 604261
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 8:05 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Good on them! I wish the heavy hitters of the Metal genre would do something big to raise some dough for the less fortunate a la "Hear N Aid" or something like it.

NGL, the dude in the middle of the photo looks like RF at age 50 or so. headbanger Coronavirus - Page 21 604261

Yeah these "at home" benefits I've seen on TV have been great and all (and surprisingly enjoyable given the dearth of artists I like performing in them) but I'd really love to see the same thing from artists on the "harder side" of the musical spectrum.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 8:11 pm

I realized I was running out of some stuff I should have gotten on my last foray into "grocery shopping hell" on Friday so I decided to give one of the delivery services one of the local chains uses a shot.  I placed an order for about $50 worth of stuff (including paper towels).  It's scheduled to be delivered to my front door tomorrow and because I ordered more than $35 worth of stuff delivery is free.  And the prices looked to be the same as the in-store prices. 

We'll see how this first order goes.  Membership with the shipping service is free for two weeks.  After that it's like $14 per month.  If this coronavirus/social distancing crap drags on I might start doing this more often.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 pm

That's good to hear, brother Toho. I think the wife or myself will venture out either tomorrow or Tuesday afternoon to buy some meats/ chicken to stock the freezer and some deli stuff for sandwiches to take for lunches. We are still pretty good on the unopened jars of sauce and boxes of pasta and boxes of protein bars, etc.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:33 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Well, I don't have long hair, and never have. But I love James Murphy's guitar playing, so I'll take that as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 12:44 am

007 wrote:
Finally got the unemployment to go through and....got a text from my boss that we are starting back to work on the 27th. Good thing, too. Although we're not hurting, it will be good pulling in a full paycheck again.

Happy for you, buddy cool.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 am

Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Well, I don't have long hair, and never have. But I love James Murphy's guitar playing, so I'll take that as a compliment.

It definitely was meant as a compliment, brother! And, unfortunately, I haven't had my long hair in about 25 years. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: