Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

Coronavirus - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 pm

I’m an essential employee. Badge into building.
Step inside a square floor marking. Scanned. Television screen.
It’s a temperature taker. Screen goes green - your allowed to badge further into building.
Everyone wears masks.
There’s cities now where you have to drive with the mask on. Or 300 dollar fine.
It’s getting to be a touch dehumanizing, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 pm

That's bullshit if they're going to find you for not wearing a mask in your own car.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 pm

007 wrote:
That's bullshit if they're going to find you for not wearing a mask in your own car.

Yeah, that's not right! You are in your own vehicle with a window up (more than likely) there's no possible reason to be wearing a mask. This is getting too wacky for my tastes, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 11:38 pm

True. There is no reason for wearing a mask when you are alone in your car.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:06 am

Saw this and thought it was pretty good:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Well I got my first Covid-19 related delay in a pre-order. I had pre-ordered the new box set version of Cirith Ungol's Forever Black and it was supposed to be released last Friday. Today I got a notification from Metal Blade that the release was delayed due to Chinese supply chain disruptions and they hoped to have it "at some point during the month of May." Lol.

Like Mike my debit card was hacked and used to purchase an Uber ride in LA and to take out $160 in cash. Thankfully I caught it the next day and I have already been reimbursed.

As of yet my law firm hasn't laid off or furloughed anyone but everyone took pay cuts ranging from 10-20%. My firm is gigantic and worldwide but they are being very cautious with money right now so they can continue operations. We have been working from home since March 11th and we won't be back in the office until June at the earliest. My wife is a teacher and she's been doing distance learning with her classes since about that time as well and her school won't be going back for the rest of the school year.

Delivery delays are predictable. I was told I would be receiving the new Metal Church and Testament cds by mid May. Hope so.

Our Law firm is also huge and we are still being paid normally. So far at least. We have been working remotely since March 16 but i never stopped going to the office. I pass by two to three times a week on average, but never stay more than 4 hours.

We expect to be back to work by end of May hopefully.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Just saw a local news story that my company is planning to lay off 150 more IT employees tomorrow.

It's "sweating bullets" time again.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Just saw a local news story that my company is planning to lay off 150 more IT employees tomorrow.

Def got you on the prayer list, brother. headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks my friend!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Best of luck Toho.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 5:33 am

Coronavirus - Page 24 EWnSsRXWkAUIaVZ?format=jpg&name=small
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:48 am

tohostudios wrote:

Best of luck Toho.

mikeinfla wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 10:23 am

mikeinfla wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:50 am

I work at a health clinic and we've been having to wear surgical masks for a few weeks now. I can't wait when we don't have too because their a pain in the ass. Not very comfortable. I'd really hate them if we still have to wear them when summer is here. Wearing them in 80-90 degree weather with humidity as well? Not thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Leatherface wrote:
I work at a health clinic and we've been having to wear surgical masks for a few weeks now.  I can't wait when we don't have too because their a pain in the ass.  Not very comfortable.  I'd really hate them if we still have to wear them when summer is here.  Wearing them in 80-90 degree weather with humidity as well?  Not thanks.
They are really a pain when you have to wear safety goggles or glasses. They fog them up! We have to wear them at work, but not Covid related, we've been wearing them for years when doing certain tasks. I only wear one at work when working in a particular area.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:46 pm

Looks like I survived another round of cuts.  In fact my whole team did.

But what sucks is you never know when the ax will fall again or who will be in it's path. 

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Good news bro. Hopefully things we pick up again soon enough to reverse the trend of cuts.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Amen.  And I know I'm FAR from alone.  In fact my best friend at work was "permanently laid off". 

He's the guy who runs an animal rescue group that I adopted my last 3 cats from. 

This whole situation just completely sucks!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:

But what sucks is you never know when the ax will fall again or who will be in it's path. 

Alright, brother!

I will keep ya in the prayers no matter what. Same goes for all of...whether you like it or not! Bwhahaha \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Coronavirus - Page 24 9k=
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Live to fight another day, Toho!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 10:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Live to fight another day, Toho!!

Exactly! 

That's pretty much the way I'm approaching this mess.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 1:58 pm

So now some artists are experimenting with Drive-In concerts:

https://loudwire.com/drive-in-concerts-exist/?fbclid=IwAR2fr-MC2fTyhESCK8RVxQJdxzsk5QNtS5pmQXjRqa1IpZsSoFm0PzqnI0Y
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 4:41 pm

I just read an article that states Panama City, FL may become the number one hotspot for the virus. Don't know how scientific or accurate it is but man... I don't like that!

Incidentally, we are being told we will be provided with masks sometime on Monday and they will be required.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Hadley wrote:
So now some artists are experimenting with Drive-In concerts:

https://loudwire.com/drive-in-concerts-exist/?fbclid=IwAR2fr-MC2fTyhESCK8RVxQJdxzsk5QNtS5pmQXjRqa1IpZsSoFm0PzqnI0Y

A mosh pit at a show like that could prove expensive Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 24 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: