Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Coronavirus - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Thanks to your wife sentinel; she's really on the front lines of this.
Really, anybody who works in any kind of medical position is taking a serious risk these days.  In fact I have a dentist appointment in 2 weeks to repair a crown and a doctor appointment the next week just to check my blood pressure and I'm cancelling both because I don't want to risk being in the "petri dish" that any medical establishment is.  Neither of my appointments is addressing an urgent issue so I'm not chancing it but kudos to the people still staffing those jobs for people who DO have important medical things to address.

Thanks, Toho. They stopped all visitations about a week ago and have been in full gowns and masks and gloves all day. Only personnel with badges have been allowed in since that time and the cafeteria is take out only with no more than 3 people together at a time.Starting tomorrow all hospital staff are only allowed to use 2 of the 5 entrances and all are screened with temperatures taken before they enter.

My dentist appointment cancelled on me (it would have been last Monday) and they shut down the office for the rest of the month of March. I wasn't going to go anyway for the same reason as you had. Smile

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I had to work in Sacramento today and Folsom Blvd was like Mardi Gras. A group of ladies huddled together (blocking the road!) working on Lotto scratchers. A group of people in their middle age sharing a Starbucks drink. In fact, everyone seemed to have Starbucks and the drive thru line was insane. Everybody was laughing and breathing into each others faces. When I got gas a lady was sputtering nonsense about this plague as she walked INTO ME. I immediately went to wash my face and disinfect my glasses and had to use one of those fucking stupid keys-on-a-PVC-pipe to get in. I went through almost a whole roll of Clorox wipes just to decontaminate myself and the car the whole trip. I was more disgusted by people today than ever before--I can't believe there are that many who are dumb enough to congregate at a time like this.

On a totally separate note, props to Witchfinder for the good news! We really need to be hearing about this stuff right now; the current situation in Wuhan is also looking up.

I am sorry to hear that, Shay. People need to take this seriously! I thought Cali was on a pretty secure lockdown?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Finally got the food I needed (back at work tomorrow so I needed to get everything) The situation in the supermarket was much better. Still no fresh meat or TP and very little tinned or frozen food but the stuff I needed was no problem at all (bread, eggs, fresh fruit & veggies) greedy

Now all I need to worry about is not dying! Very Happy

I am praying you don't, bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we used to throw it in trees!
Coronavirus - Page 8 1-huge-tree-covered-in-toilet-paper-amy-cicconi

I am a little ashamed of our group here that it took us 7 pages for someone to post a TP related photo or meme!!! angry
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
This whole thing is depressing as hell.

It's weird how you think about these things like, what if the entire planet's infrastructure crumbles due to some situation and society devolves and things just cease to run. But you don't think it's gonna happen for real.

It'd be cool though if the prez and right wing outlets would stop dog whistling with "the China virus" etc. But that's not very likely.

We actually had the "marshal law" discussion at work yesterday and one of my coworkers was sure this is happening soon.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:07 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
This whole thing is depressing as hell.

It's weird how you think about these things like, what if the entire planet's infrastructure crumbles due to some situation and society devolves and things just cease to run. But you don't think it's gonna happen for real.

It'd be cool though if the prez and right wing outlets would stop dog whistling with "the China virus" etc. But that's not very likely.

We actually had the "marshal law" discussion at work yesterday and one of my coworkers was sure this is happening soon.

Our government have put forward new laws that will be voted on next week that sound a lot like martial law. It's difficult but I don't have any better ideas if this thing goes crazy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

I think "martial law" is going to become a necessity because it's becoming increasingly obvious that most people in the US have absolutely ZERO common sense (which was already abundantly obvious to anyone paying attention before this all started).

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Remember we will get over this (relatively) amazingly quickly. For the FIRST TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY all of the best minds in the World are attacking the same problem. It's like a cartoon character revving up before sprinting off...we're close to the Sprinting! phase. This is like a war...and it took a bit for the War Machine in WW2 to get rolling (retooling factories, rearranging the workforce) but once we got rolling holy cow. The same is happening with this situation.

We're all gonna crush it and when the clouds lift we'll all like each other a little better. I promise. Smile

Best thing I heard all day!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it that New Jersey may be tightening restrictions on what businesses can and can't stay open again, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Sooooo, as soon as I log off of work at 6 PM tonight, quick Robin, TO THE BEER STORE!

Do those MF's in Trenton seriously think I'm gonna ride out the Apocalypse without at least a 30 pack of Genesee Cream Ale and a bottle of Fireball? Very Happy

2nd best thing I heard all day!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:39 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it that New Jersey may be tightening restrictions on what businesses can and can't stay open again, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Sooooo, as soon as I log off of work at 6 PM tonight, quick Robin, TO THE BEER STORE!

Do those MF's in Trenton seriously think I'm gonna ride out the Apocalypse without at least a 30 pack of Genesee Cream Ale and a bottle of Fireball? Very Happy

If this gets much worse I'll be reaching for the bottle and I've been sober for 17 years! drunken
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm

I got “furloughed” from work yesterday. Actually, me and everyone! (except for the few at the top of the seniority list). We’re told to wait until April 10 to see what will happen.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Sorry to hear that TZ but unfortunately it's probably not a rare story given the toll this outbreak is taking on the economy in the US and the entire world.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm

My place is still working despite the fact there’s over 300 people employed there and the majority of dayshift is older people. But you know, gotta get that bourbon out. It’s all good though, I know a lot of people are outta work and it’s gonna be hard on them.
Hope you guys stay safe out there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:50 pm

I don't drink bourbon due to overdoing it waaaaay too often during my college years.  But given the circumstances these days if I run out of all my beer and the ability to buy vodka or gin I'll take whatever I can get my hands on so it's nice to know something will still be available to dull the pain.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm

On a side note, when I ventured out to the grocery store yesterday for the first time in a week I half-expected to not be able to find any hard liquor.  Nope, that section like a lot of the store (like produce) was stocked like normal.  The only bare shelves were paper products, hand sanitizer, raw chicken and spaghetti sauce.  People sure are stocking up on weird combinations of stuff.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I got “furloughed” from work yesterday. Actually, me and everyone! (except for the few at the top of the seniority list). We’re told to wait until April 10 to see what will happen.

Will you still get paid?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Will you still get paid?

I will get another paycheck next week, but then I need to file unemployment I guess...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 12:47 am

Being that my job relies on the travel industry, I’m just waiting to see if the airport gets going again. Right now, no one is traveling much...

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 am

Made a delivery to a gun store today. Been there a few times, and never has there been more than one or two people shopping. Today they had at least thirty people buying guns, waiting to buy guns, and if course ammo. Took me ten minutes just to get someone to help me get their ammo to their storage room, which for my job is a long time. It was a frenzy in there and this is located in a small town suburb about sixty miles from Phoenix.

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt down some TP, but not going to put much effort into it. Think I'll try two or three stores, and if I don't find any then so be it. I still have another week or two left over from when life was normal. Guess it's good I usually buy the big thirty packs when I buy it. That free nine pack I stole looks like it'll come in handy. Worse case scenario, I bought 24 washcloths from Amazon that will be designated for that purpose. I was going to cut up my Kiss concert shirt and use that, but I'd rather sell it one of these days.

Fun times to say the least. Talk of us believe Nguyen out of work soon if California shuts down. Most of our freight comes from there, so it they quarantine themselves, then I'm probably screwed. That happens, the country will truly be in some deep trouble. Trucks don't have anything to deliver, then not just tp will be hard to find. I'm sure if California does quarantine themselves, they'll keep the trucking companies moving. Like I said, fun times.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 am

Boris2008 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If this gets much worse I'll be reaching  for the bottle and I've been sober for 17 years! drunken
I hope you're not serious. Don't throw that away until l the shit really hits the fan. I just celebrated 23 years as of yesterday. I do have a plan to get shitfaced, but only when I see the end of the line. Like, martial law, government putting people in camps type shit. . Then I'll join ya in a bottle of Jack or three lol
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
Being that my job relies on the travel industry, I’m just waiting to see if the airport gets going again. Right now, no one is traveling much...

I wish I could, flights are really cheap right now. Sorry to hear you're not working though, that's gotta be really stressful. I'm stressed, and I'm still working for now, don't know what I'm going to do if I'm laid off.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 2:44 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I wish I could, flights are really cheap right now. Sorry to hear you're not working though, that's gotta be really stressful. I'm stressed, and I'm still working for now, don't know what I'm going to do if I'm laid off.

I will have some help from family to get by. And I plan to file for unemployment.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 3:51 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I will have some help from family to get by. And I plan to file for unemployment.

Best wishes man. Hope this situation doesn't last much longer. I have a friend who's a travel agent and she is seriously worried about losing her job too.

As a matter of fact, all of our jobs are at risk. Let's hope for the best 🙏.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 am

Thanks Gilbert
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 8:04 am

Here's a well-sourced article that is very encouraging and should give you hope:

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 8 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: