Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Coronavirus - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 pm

the sentinel wrote:
We can't close as banks are deemed essential  

I'm pretty sure that I will still be at work even in a lockdown. If this Malaria drug works then we have the infrastructure and the expertise to get it distributed nation wide very quickly.

Edit - That's just been confirmed that I will be classed as a key worker so I'll be continuing and the children of team members will still be able to go to school.

With so many people working for small businesses in danger of losing their income that's good news I guess but probably increases the chance of infection.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 12:51 am

I had to work in Sacramento today and Folsom Blvd was like Mardi Gras. A group of ladies huddled together (blocking the road!) working on Lotto scratchers. A group of people in their middle age sharing a Starbucks drink. In fact, everyone seemed to have Starbucks and the drive thru line was insane. Everybody was laughing and breathing into each others faces. When I got gas a lady was sputtering nonsense about this plague as she walked INTO ME. I immediately went to wash my face and disinfect my glasses and had to use one of those fucking stupid keys-on-a-PVC-pipe to get in. I went through almost a whole roll of Clorox wipes just to decontaminate myself and the car the whole trip. I was more disgusted by people today than ever before--I can't believe there are that many who are dumb enough to congregate at a time like this.

On a totally separate note, props to Witchfinder for the good news! We really need to be hearing about this stuff right now; the current situation in Wuhan is also looking up.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 am

South Africa only had its first confirmed case a couple of weeks ago, so I think we've benefited from seeing what's happened in other countries. On Sunday the government announced their initial steps in dealing with it - travel bans from certain countries, closing schools and universities, limiting public gatherings to 100 people.

That did lead to panic buying early in the week, but that appears to have abated and stores are back to being reasonably well stocked. The government has now announced price controls on hand sanitisers, masks, certain foods, and toilet paper, which I think is a good move.

Criticising the government is something of a favourite pastime here, but I've been impressed by the way they've handled things. At a time when strong leadership and good decision making was required, they've definitely come to the party.

So far we have 150 confirmed cases and no deaths, although obviously those numbers are going to go up. The currency has taken a massive hit in the past few days, and the economy wasn't in great shape to begin with, and while you can't predict just what will happen as the situation worsens, so far it looks as though the right measures have been put in place and we might be reasonably OK.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Finally got the food I needed (back at work tomorrow so I needed to get everything) The situation in the supermarket was much better. Still no fresh meat or TP and very little tinned or frozen food but the stuff I needed was no problem at all (bread, eggs, fresh fruit & veggies) greedy

Now all I need to worry about is not dying! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Yup, I hit the supermarket this AM for a couple of odds and ends before logging into work this AM-- nothing on the dreaded "limited quantities" list (i.e. toilet paper, etc.) so I was able to get everything I needed and get out within a reasonable amount of time.

The paper aisle, from what I could see, was completely blown out as usual (keep making those T.P. forts to hide in, America!) and the breakfast cereal aisle was also hit hard, but I must have timed my visit just as the meat dept. put fresh stuff out cuz I was able to grab a few packs. Last week when I was there around the same time of day, they were already down to the weird shit like ox tails and pork skins.

There were people walking around the store with medical masks on though, which was new. I was like "So we've now reached the Italian B-Horror Movie phase of this outbreak...."

Fortunately I only had a handful of things so I was able to use the self-checkout, cuz the lines for the registers were long as usual. I was in and outta there in about twenty minutes, which I'll count as a "win."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we used to throw it in trees!
Coronavirus - Page 7 1-huge-tree-covered-in-toilet-paper-amy-cicconi
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 3:44 pm

This whole thing is depressing as hell.

It's weird how you think about these things like, what if the entire planet's infrastructure crumbles due to some situation and society devolves and things just cease to run. But you don't think it's gonna happen for real.

It'd be cool though if the prez and right wing outlets would stop dog whistling with "the China virus" etc. But that's not very likely.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yup, I hit the supermarket this AM for a couple of odds and ends before logging into work this AM--  nothing on the dreaded "limited quantities" list (i.e. toilet paper, etc.) so I was able to get everything I needed and get out within a reasonable amount of time.

The paper aisle, from what I could see, was completely blown out as usual (keep making those T.P. forts to hide in, America!) and the breakfast cereal aisle was also hit hard, but I must have timed my visit just as the meat dept. put fresh stuff out cuz I was able to grab a few packs. Last week when I was there around the same time of day, they were already down to the weird shit like ox tails and pork skins.

There were people walking around the store with medical masks on though, which was new. I was like "So we've now reached the Italian B-Horror Movie phase of this outbreak...."

Fortunately I only had a handful of things so I was able to use the self-checkout, cuz the lines for the registers were long as usual. I was in and outta there in about twenty minutes, which I'll count as a "win."

That's how I'm doing it these days. It feels more like "going to market" where I'm just getting a little bit at a time to keep home stocks afloat. It's certainly not wholesale "grocery day" and I find I'm grabbing what's available, not necessarily what I want.

NOT ONE BIT of this silliness would be necessary if humans didn't act like idiots. That said, I'd also be out of a job! lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Zombie, bro, it's from China.

Rocky Mountain Spotter Fever
German Measles
Spanish Flu
Ebola
Zika
West Nile Virus
Lyme Disease

And on and on. Virus place-names.

Since you brought it up... Very Happy ...wouldn't it be nice if the Left wing journalists focused on WAY more productive things than inventing yet another excuse to call POTUS racist?

He started off slow - WHICH WE ALL DID - but frankly he and his team are crushing it right now.

Remember we will get over this (relatively) amazingly quickly. For the FIRST TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY all of the best minds in the World are attacking the same problem. It's like a cartoon character revving up before sprinting off...we're close to the Sprinting! phase. This is like a war...and it took a bit for the War Machine in WW2 to get rolling (retooling factories, rearranging the workforce) but once we got rolling holy cow. The same is happening with this situation.

We're all gonna crush it and when the clouds lift we'll all like each other a little better. I promise. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Since you brought it up... Very Happy ...wouldn't it be nice if the Left wing journalists focused on WAY more productive things than inventing yet another excuse to call POTUS racist?

The funniest sad part to his whole "China Virus" thing are the pics of his hand altered notes, from corona to China, to make sure he gets his dog whistle in. What a joke.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-trump-altered-coronavirus-to-chinese-virus-remarks-2020-3

And I guess we have a different idea of crushing it. The guy is inept.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Rumor has it that New Jersey may be tightening restrictions on what businesses can and can't stay open again, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Sooooo, as soon as I log off of work at 6 PM tonight, quick Robin, TO THE BEER STORE!

Do those MF's in Trenton seriously think I'm gonna ride out the Apocalypse without at least a 30 pack of Genesee Cream Ale and a bottle of Fireball? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Zombie, bro, it's from China.

Rocky Mountain Spotter Fever
German Measles
Spanish Flu
Ebola
Zika
West Nile Virus
Lyme Disease

And on and on. Virus place-names.

He started off slow - WHICH WE ALL DID - but frankly he and his team are crushing it right now.

Remember we will get over this (relatively) amazingly quickly. For the FIRST TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY all of the best minds in the World are attacking the same problem. It's like a cartoon character revving up before sprinting off...we're close to the Sprinting! phase. This is like a war...and it took a few weeks for the War Machine in WW2 to get rolling (retooling factories, rearranging the workforce) but once we got rolling holy cow. The same is happening with this situation.

We're all gonna crush it and when the clouds lift we'll all like each other a little better. I promise. Smile

There are many theories regarding the origin of Spanish flu. China, France and the U.K but the strongest argument is that it originated at a military base in Kansas. It definitely didn't originate in Spain.

This however is from China! We didn't have smartphones and social media in 1917 but now we do and we all saw this start. The utter bullshit coming out from the CCP is pathetic and for once in my life I totally agree with Trump calling them on it. Absolutely nothing racist about it. I can't stand it when governments do appalling shit and if you have anything to say about it you get accused of racism (Israel, I'm looking at you!)

Trump is getting his act together somewhat (as are our government) but only after a very bad start and I think that he needs to do more to ensure that sick people aren't going to work because they HAVE to. But he has moved on from thinking that closing borders alone will solve things and it's all a plot by liberals, Obama and gay frogs to mess up his re-election
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Trump started trying to take action when the stock market started tanking. Which is the only thing he really cares about so. I mean, I guess whatever gets him to take action.

Also, I don't think anyone is trying to absolve the Chinese government for their actions in this. But that's not the point of calling it the China Virus. It's just not. Calling it the "China Virus" doesn't really feel like holding the Chinese government accountable--and more like an attempt at casting aspersions on a different group of people. And I agree, criticizing the Israeli government does not make someone antisemitic. Their government does not equal their people. That's just a little tactic the right, and some centrist dems too, use to go after those on the left that do criticize their government. And it works in firing up their bases,

I don't even know why I bother worrying about things like that now though. Trump's gonna Trump. Whether it's pardoning Joe Arpaio, his Muslim Ban or "someone's doing the raping". Same shit, different situation.

Last edited by ZombieHavoc on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

The funniest sad part to his whole "China Virus" thing are the pics of his hand altered notes, from corona to China, to make sure he gets his dog whistle in. What a joke.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-trump-altered-coronavirus-to-chinese-virus-remarks-2020-3

Okay? Is that your coup de grace? Give me a break. He clearly had reason and STATED IT in the press conference. He's upset (as everyone should be) that China blamed the US military for the virus...so he made a point to call it the China Virus. Chi-na! lol!

By what standard at this moment is he being inept? Proof! What do you require of your POTUS right now that he's not doing? What does Zombie do as POTUS that he thinks the actual POTUS isn't now?

By the way Zombie - the stock market/economy tanking could also cost thousands of lives. Do you not think the economy being robust isn't important to the well being of people? Should he not care about the stock market? Do you not see how they are connected? A strong economy is what allows a nation to battle a sudden foe like this virus. Think if we had Venezuela's economy...or even Italy or Greece's? Good thing he cares about the economy.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Hoo boy.

Don't make me get the hose, fellas.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 5:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Okay? Is that your coup de grace? Give me a break. He clearly had reason and STATED IT in the press conference. He's upset (as everyone should be) that China blamed the US military for the virus...so he made a point to call it the China Virus. Chi-na! lol!

By what standard at this moment is he being inept? Proof! What do you require of your POTUS right now that he's not doing? What does Zombie do as POTUS that he thinks the actual POTUS isn't now?

I retyped a bunch of responses, and my inclination is to just be shitty, which doesn't help anything and is no better than Trump.

So all I'll say is, in response to what would I do that Trump isn't already: I don't know. I would never want to be president because I wouldn't want to have to deal with figuring things like this out. The only thing I can do is vote for people I think may possibly handle it better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 5:02 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Chi-na!

Chiiii-na! CHIIIII-NAAAAAAA!

Come on, am I the only one who remembers this song? Sheesh.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Fair enough Zombie. That's all any of us can do.

Let's revisit this in November! cheers
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:09 pm

My feeling is that America is going to need Trump AND Sanders, The U.K is going to need Boris AND Corbyn, our communities are going to need ScottMichell74, ZombieHavok AND Boris2008 (they must be desparate!  lol! )

This thing isn't about left and right, rich or poor. It's infected Prime Ministers, Princes, Paupers, Sports stars, Doctors, Cleaners, Fast food workers, Christians, Muslims, Hindu's and Jews, Bigots, Gays and Non Binary transcendental rainbow furries. It just infects people and we are all people.

I would really like to see people put all of the bullshit to one side for as long as it takes and maybe see what happens when we all work towards a common goal. Trump and Bernie are both really polarising figures and alienate large swathes of people but if they stood together it would help bring everyone on board with what needs to be done.

We really don't have the time or the resources to be pissing about with stuff that doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it that New Jersey may be tightening restrictions on what businesses can and can't stay open again, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Sooooo, as soon as I log off of work at 6 PM tonight, quick Robin, TO THE BEER STORE!

Do those MF's in Trenton seriously think I'm gonna ride out the Apocalypse without at least a 30 pack of Genesee Cream Ale and a bottle of Fireball? Very Happy

Lack of beer is one thing I don't have to worry about for a l-o-o-o-o-ng time.  I've been dipping into "the beer cellar" in the tornado closet in my basement and I bet I have enough beer to last 2 or 3 YEARS.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Agreed Boris! I don't care how ugly Zombie probably is I'd bear-hug him right now if I could!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
My feeling is that America is going to need Trump AND Sanders, The U.K is going to need Boris AND Corbyn, our communities are going to need ScottMichell74, ZombieHavok AND Boris2008 (they must be desparate!  lol! )

This thing isn't about left and right, rich or poor. It's infected Prime Ministers, Princes, Paupers, Sports stars, Doctors, Cleaners, Fast food workers, Christians, Muslims, Hindu's and Jews, Bigots, Gays and Non Binary transcendental rainbow furries. It just infects people and we are all people.

I would really like to see people put all of the bullshit to one side for as long as it takes and maybe see what happens when we all work towards a common goal. Trump and Bernie are both really polarising figures and alienate large swathes of people but if they stood together it would help bring everyone on board with what needs to be done.

We really don't have the time or the resources to be pissing about with stuff that doesn't really matter.

Well said Boris and I completely agree.  I get so frustrated with the continued political sniping on BOTH sides.  Stop the political backbiting bullshit and work together to get the world through this; we can go back to being polarized political pricks when it's over.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:25 pm

And in other news, this REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/spring-break-over-local-florida-151800948.html

Both the local and state officials for being idiots and of course stupid, selfish spring breakers who think they're indestructible.  I like the one comment that says something like "And in next week's news:  "Spring Breakers Mourn Loss Of Grandparents".

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And in other news, this REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/spring-break-over-local-florida-151800948.html

Both the local and state officials for being idiots and of course stupid, selfish spring breakers who think they're indestructible.  I like the one comment that says something like "And in next week's news:  "Spring Breakers Mourn Loss Of Grandparents".

Same kind of thing has happened over here. So in one of many truly great things our government has done today they have announced that all bars, pubs, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, theatres and gyms are closing right now. Kids had the chance to act responsibly and show some consideration but chose to be selfish little idiots, so now it's not a choice.

I never thought that I would fall on the side of the man, taking away the kids right to rock but here we are, I never banked on Covid-19. I feel that a part of my inner Dee Snyder has died Crying or Very sad

There again, Dee has bigger things to worry about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8136115/Dee-Snider-begs-daughter-Peru-calls-Trumps-coronavirus-response-mockery.html
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 pm

You know what, I just had a little bit of an epiphany.

Our local news just ran a story about how the Red Cross is saying the blood supply in the US is in a "dire situation" because most blood drives have been canceled.  They're practically begging people to make appointments at designated locations and trying to assure everyone that these locations and all the stuff in it has been thoroughly sanitized.

Yeah right.  I'm not going and sitting in a potential petri dish for the coronavirus to give blood.  So here's an idea, how about you come to me?  At-home blood donations.  Bring that same "safely sanitized" blood drawing equipment that you use at mobile blood donation drive directly to my house and draw my blood HERE where I don't have to worry about what other people touched.  I'm sure the Red Cross could find volunteers to load up a van or whatever to make home visits. 

Just drive up to my house, come in with your sanitized selves and equipment (which I'm expected to believe you did at the "designated locations" you're begging us to come to anyway) and just draw my blood from the comfort of my La-Z-Boy which I already know is not infected with coronavirus.

If you need me to sign some kind of waiver then fine, I'd do it.  But if the situation is that "dire" then think "outside the box".

EDIT: Now I just saw a Red Cross ad during Smackdown practically begging people to make an appointment and a "location near you" to give blood.

Wait, what if you're in one of the states that have MANDATED people to stay at home?  I didn't hear a "going to give blood" exemption in any of those.  Dammit, you want my blood then you come to me!

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 7 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: