Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Coronavirus - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 11:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Our esteemed Governor has decree'd that effective immediately, some sort of face covering (mask, bandana etc.) is required for anyone going into a retail business.

So I just bought a 30 pack of beer at the liquor store with a bandanna over my face. I have never felt more ridiculous in my entire life. Laughing very hard

The market has now adopted "one way" shopping by putting blue painter's tape down on the tile in arrows and using coolers and shipping racks to block people in. It's become a labyrinth in there. I feel as though I have to fight the Minotaur at the end at the frozen section to get some waffles. And Walmart constantly has a line out the fecking door as you can only have so many people in there at once. If I didn't have to get stuff for Easter, I wouldn't have gone at all. It's become extremely annoying.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Supermarkets have an excellent delivery service in my area. I no longer need to worry about going into a shop or waiting in line to get in.

Bad news is that my favourite jogging track is still closed by the police. I was lucky one time as one of the officers on duty that afternoon happens to be my neighbor so he let me run freely. But i am starting to get used running in my neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Bad news is that my favourite jogging track is still closed by the police. I was lucky one time as one of the officers on duty that afternoon happens to be my neighbor so he let me run freely. But i am starting to get used running in my neighborhood.

I don't get this. Why would a jogging place be closed? People still need to be healthy. Geez!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 5:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Our esteemed Governor has decree'd that effective immediately, some sort of face covering (mask, bandana etc.) is required for anyone going into a retail business.

So I just bought a 30 pack of beer at the liquor store with a bandanna over my face. I have never felt more ridiculous in my entire life. Laughing very hard

LOL! My daughter and I went shopping and she did the same thing. She said she felt like a bank robber.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 5:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I don't get this. Why would a jogging place be closed? People still need to be healthy. Geez!

It gets too crowded. Social distancing is not respected in such situations.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 5:50 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL! My daughter and I went shopping and she did the same thing. She said she felt like a bank robber.

I said that a few pages back; this is a great time to be a crook.  I have some "proper" masks coming next week from Amazon but until then the only thing I have is a black scarf I got from WWF.  Guess I'll have to tie that thing over my face on my next grocery store visit.  It's not a "law" here yet but people have started giving dirty looks to anyone not wearing some kind of covering.  I know because today just to make sure my battery recharged I drove to a grocery store about 10 miles away from me and sat in the parking lot people-watching for a few minutes before driving back home.  Definitely need to improvise until my washable masks show up.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 pm

I just won at Toilet Paper Lottery again on Amazon.  Found a listing for four 8-packs of Scott Tissue.  Confirmed my order.  3 minutes later..."currently unavailable".  Charmin is my usual brand but "any port in a (shit)storm".

I think I'm done playing; I have plenty of TP now.  If it's still scarce by the time I start running low then this country (not to mention its citizens) has bigger problems on its hands.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just won at Toilet Paper Lottery again on Amazon.  Found a listing for four 8-packs of Scott Tissue.  Confirmed my order.  3 minutes later..."currently unavailable".  Charmin is my usual brand but "any port in a (shit)storm".

I think I'm done playing; I have plenty of TP now.  If it's still scarce by the time I start running low then this country (not to mention its citizens) has bigger problems on its hands.

That's where I'm at.

Besides, the paper towels are now readily available, and they could be throw-down TP.

AND! I'll spare you the details, but my 9 months in Africa taught me another...way... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 9:37 pm

You could always use leaves, but be careful it's not poison ivy or oak Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Yeah for a while there I was devising "contingency plans" in case I ran out of TP.

Paper towels and facial tissue were one of them but I also have a linen closet full of old washcloths that I currently use to either dust furniture or clean up cat hairballs.  Either way, the damn things are washable so in a pinch...

And if worse came to the absolute worst, I have a shower.  Yeah it would be damn inconvenient to have to hop into the shower ever time I take a dump buy hey, you do what you have to do. 

So as long as I have water and power (for the washing machine) I could get by with no TP.

Now cat litter on the other hand...uh, uh; no way.  Hence the reason I bought a 1/4 ton over the internet.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 am

007 wrote:
You could always use leaves, but be careful it's not poison ivy or oak  Razz

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 4:34 am

TP crisis aside, I'm sitting here wondering why people are so bored during this lockdown. My buddy was complaining to me--he has no kids, mind you--that he's going nuts not being able to go outside. Dude. There is so much to do in your own home. Listen to music (deeply!), watch a classic movie or 400, binge on an old tv show you grew up on, build a model car or tie fighter, whatever, read some classic lit to see what the big fuss is about, learn an instrument, etc etc etc etc.

Meanwhile, I can't even get around to finally checking out Berlin Alexanderplatz with all the cleaning, cooking, keeping in touch with family that could potentially die soon, home schooling the kids, something something something kids, laundry, neighborhood walks, drives to get my kids a change of scenery, teaching them how to ride bikes with no training wheels, my god WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH AN ISSUE WITH BOREDOM??

At least my oldest and I are bonding over Star Wars. Clone Wars is one helluva show.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:35 am

corplhicks wrote:
TP crisis aside, I'm sitting here wondering why people are so bored during this lockdown. My buddy was complaining to me--he has no kids, mind you--that he's going nuts not being able to go outside. Dude. There is so much to do in your own home. Listen to music (deeply!), watch a classic movie or 400, binge on an old tv show you grew up on, build a model car or tie fighter, whatever, read some classic lit to see what the big fuss is about, learn an instrument, etc etc etc etc.

Meanwhile, I can't even get around to finally checking out Berlin Alexanderplatz with all the cleaning, cooking, keeping in touch with family that could potentially die soon, home schooling the kids, something something something kids, laundry, neighborhood walks, drives to get my kids a change of scenery, teaching them how to ride bikes with no training wheels, my god WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH AN ISSUE WITH BOREDOM??

At least my oldest and I are bonding over Star Wars. Clone Wars is one helluva show.

I feel as though the days are passing quicker as I am not in a rush or checking the clock as if I were at work and on a timetable. A weird thing with the time is that when I do look at a clock (simply just happening to notice the time) it's seemingly always on the hour exactly or a quarter or half hour. It's odd. My daughter has also been getting up about an hour earlier than usual the last few weeks. She is also off naps now since she is three weeks away from her 4th birthday. There is enough to do in the house and in my yard that keeps me and the kid busy. We definitely have spent more time together as a family; thank God for that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 10:03 am

Yeah I don't get the boredom thing either.  But then again "social distancing" has always been my preferred lifestyle anyway so that part is nothing new for me especially since I started working from home full time about 5 years ago.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 am

I do not get the boredom thing either, I have enough interest to occupy my time and I have been practicing social distancing my entire existence
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 11:26 am

Same here. Not bored at all. Everything I have in my garage/mancave could keep me occupied for at least a whole year before I started to repeat. But if one doesn't have a lot at home I could see boredom setting in.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 12:02 pm

When I''m not logged on to work from home, I've got plenty of other stuff to do.

There are a ton of movies in my various watch lists, half-finished blog entries that need completion, and a dog who constantly needs to be walked so I don't have time to be bored!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 12:22 pm

I have so much stuff I haven't even done yet.

I could switch out all the albums in my frames on the walls of the mancave; write reviews of random albums I haven't spun in a decade or so; rewrite my want lists and inventories; go through my collection of Cd's and replace all the cracked jewel cases; go through the few hundred cassettes and use a razor blade to scrape off the price tags ; and that's just the music stuff, I have already re grouted the tile in the bathroom, polished all the hardwood floors, cleaned out the refrigerator, organized the cabinets, and cleaned out the junk drawers in the kitchen. I haven't even fired up the 'ol chainsaw to cut up the limbs that came down so far this year with the New England winter.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 2:14 pm

I've already cleaned out my basement and am in the middle of cleaning up the shrubs and weeds at the top of my yard, so I've been able to keep myself busy. I still have some fluorescent lights to install in my basement back in the laundry/storage room. This is all stuff I've been putting off for some time so at least this quarantine has gotten me to do some chores.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm

I don't buy the whole boredom easily. I still work remotely, run daily and have resumed martial arts training.

I am also enjoying video games, activities with the kids, reading and rediscovering my metal collection.

I just do miss my former full throttle lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Well, I am back at the branch tomorrow as the colleague who was tested earlier in the week is negative for the virus. It was fun to be paid to stay home and get some things done but I was missing the sort of "purpose" a job gives you.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Had to run out this AM for some grocery odds and ends. The local Shop-Rite was closed due to the holiday so I was running between the Dollar General and Walgreens, which was a bit like playing a game of Whack-A-Mole.

Walgreens didn't have coffee creamers or milk, but they *did* have paper plates. Dollar General didn't have paper plates, but they *did* have milk, cereal, and peanut butter.

Neither place had toilet paper, but thankfully we've got an untouched 30 pack in the back of the closet that we bought a week or two before the world went crazy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 8:11 pm

You need to start playing Toilet Paper Lottery on Amazon FF.  I'm already sitting on a ton of TP and last night I scored 32 more rolls of ScottTissue so I'm done playing.

But I even managed to score 24 rolls for my Mom last week.  You just need log in randomly throughout the day and if you see something you like at a reasonable price, click on it and add to your cart ASAP because in 3 minutes or less it will be out of stock.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 pm

I don’t see how any adult could get bored. There’s always plenty to do around my house. Plus I’m “essential” so I’ve still been working anyway. Lol! I’d love to get bored!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 am

I feel bad for the people who live in tiny appartments. Being confined in a small place can sure drive you insane, especially when you can't leave the house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: