Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
mc666
exact33
mikeinfla
glassprison
DallasBlack
Eyesore
manny
nevermore
Runicen
Mglaffas81
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Boris2008
corplhicks
Glower
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 3:39 am

I heard the studio people used a drum machine on it. That can’t be true !

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 10:33 pm

It's a good metal tune. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't complain about that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 10:48 am

Les talks about his injury and why he didn't play on the album...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/les-binks-why-i-didnt-play-on-debut-album-from-kks-priest/

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Ripper sounds terrible on this.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Ripper sounds terrible on this.

Yeah? I think the mix is a bit muddled, but he sounded fine. In fact, sounds more like Halford than he ever has.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Also, the mediocrity of what's been released so far from this album, coupled with the awfulness of Nostradamus makes me really question whether K.K. can write songs by himself. He may have been the weak link in the Hilford, Tipton, Downing triumverate. Compare this to Firepower and this is severely lacking.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm

I like this song even better than Hellfire Thunderbolt.

KK still has it!

Those that doubt KK’s writing abilities should go back and listen to Glenn Tipton’s crappy solo albums. They all made their best music working together. And I’m pretty sure Halford’s solo stuff was great because he hired top notch musicians (just like Ozzy).

And also like Ozzy, he takes all the credit.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 12:02 am

I like the new song. It's heavy, fast painkiller style.

I don't need more headbanger.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 6:34 am

Sounds fine to me. This is something I'll be picking up.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Both songs from this have been complete stinkers to me. I've wanted to like them but I think they're very bad.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 pm

I will not be buying this.. I think it’s horrible.. to me Ripper just sucks here.. and come on KK.. KK gets ripper and has to throw the word priest in the name of the band..  seriously, They couldn’t come up with a new name for a completely different band.. they are a Judas Priest wanna be😂.. I see him playing clubs while priest play stadiums..

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 3:43 am

New song:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 4:06 am

Not feeling the latest song…

Sounds like filler.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 4:08 am

I’m on the fence about this album.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 4:16 am

Troublezone wrote:
Not feeling the latest song…

Sounds like filler.

It does.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 4:52 am

So far, Firepower destroys KK’s Priest.

I feel bad for KK… I wish he could just rejoin Priest. They let Halford return after his solo excursions…

It doesn’t make sense to have Andy Sneap playing KK’s parts while KK is still alive and capable of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 4:58 am

I’ve almost had enough of Ripper’s lackluster vocals. His “phoned in” style is getting old. That last Tourniquet album, and now this…

The last thing I’ve heard him do (that was great) is the first “Charred Walls of the Damned” album.

He’s not a good songwriter or lyricist. He mastered Halford’s vocals in a cover band, but when it comes to original material, he really doesn’t cut it.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 5:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
I’ve almost had enough of Ripper’s lackluster vocals. His “phoned in” style is getting old. That last Tourniquet album, and now this…

The last thing I’ve heard him do (that was great) is the first “Charred Walls of the Damned” album.

He’s not a good songwriter or lyricist. He mastered Halford’s vocals in a cover band, but when it comes to original material, he really doesn’t cut it.

The last time i probably enjoyed Tim's vocals was on the Spirits of Fire project in 2019.

It's an album that i tend to revisit from time to time.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 am

I doubt this beats Fire Power, or even comes close.

But I'll buy it. I love Owens, I love KK.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 am

I will buy it as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 am

KK's album release has been pushed back. It was supposed to come out Aug 20, now it's Oct 1st.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kks-priests-sermons-of-the-sinner-pushed-back-to-october/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm

I like it, kinda reminds me of 80's era Priest. Not that it's the new Screaming for Vengeance, but it's decent enough.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I'm not on the fence about it. I've not liked one track from this yet.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 pm

Terrible. These guys can't write a hook to save their lives. What a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 4:23 am

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm not on the fence about it. I've not liked one track from this yet.

I like the first song they released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next