Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sure Conviction-Get Ready

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Sure Conviction-Get Ready Empty
PostSubject: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:06 am

Anybody a fan of this rather obscure Christian pop rock album?
Sure Conviction-Get Ready 336_01_30_2005_2_14_41_sureget
While the art work and some of the lyrics are rather cheesy, I think the music is high quality and as a Christian, the song Man In The Middle/Remember Me chokes me up when I sing along during the Remember Me part of the song.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:44 am

hmm... the artwork looks like Helloween corssed Uriah Heep and My Little Pony Very Happy

I am not a believing Christian myself, but can I score a copy easily,
or is it somewhat of a collectors item?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:14 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
hmm... the artwork looks like Helloween corssed Uriah Heep and My Little Pony Very Happy

I am not a believing Christian myself, but can I score a copy easily,
or is it somewhat of a collectors item?

I got a used one from amazon for under $10 and they still have some for that price, and a little higher. However unused copies seem to run between $20 and $35.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:40 am

I just sold thier first indie album for large $. I didn't listen to it, so I can't tell ya if it was any good. But I like Get Ready, for what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:19 pm

I'll edit in my comments from another website. Here goes...

Everyone has a handful of obscure gems that they hold dear to their hearts. SURE CONVICTION's "Get Ready" is one of them for me. This is one of the greatest evangelistic releases that I've ever heard in Christian Rock, IMO, but not in a "pushy" kind of way. The message of Jesus Christ comes through so loud and clear. The music is in the hard rock vein, perhaps not Metal enough for some. Still, I think the band combines the perfect music with the perfect message. Great songwriting and unforgettable lyrics. "Man In The Middle/Remember Me" is a two-part song about Jesus forgiving the thief at his crucifixion. "Remember Me" begins with an assault of great soloing and upbeat rock. SURE CONVICTION have brought tears to my eyes with how they bring across the wording of their lyrics with the music. "Remember Me, Remember Me. You are innocent and I am guilty. You are a king and I'm a thief." You'll have to hear this stuff to really get the full effect. "Get Ready" is an excellent opener with a provocative thought. "You say that you don't believe, well I'm not the one you have to believe..." "He" is another great song. "He makes the blind to see, He can heal the crippled." SURE CONVICTION also provides encouragement to those who have been hurt by other Christians in the song, "One Person Or Two." "Standing For You" is another great song that gives the listener encouragement that Jesus is always "right by your side." This CD is all I've got from this band, I never could find the others. I hear this was actually the best, but I won't judge until I have heard them all. For fans of lighter Metal/Hard Rock with a very accessible sound and great hooks, full of great evangelistic messages, this CD is a must. Before I finally got it on CD, I wore this cassette out.

DallasBlack...for you to feel some of the same things I feel about this CD, especially the emotion of "Man In The Middle/Remember Me," I don't think it's a coincidence...I think that it's a highly annointed song.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:39 am

George wrote:
I'll edit in my comments from another website. Here goes...

Everyone has a handful of obscure gems that they hold dear to their hearts. SURE CONVICTION's "Get Ready" is one of them for me. This is one of the greatest evangelistic releases that I've ever heard in Christian Rock, IMO, but not in a "pushy" kind of way. The message of Jesus Christ comes through so loud and clear. The music is in the hard rock vein, perhaps not Metal enough for some. Still, I think the band combines the perfect music with the perfect message. Great songwriting and unforgettable lyrics. "Man In The Middle/Remember Me" is a two-part song about Jesus forgiving the thief at his crucifixion. "Remember Me" begins with an assault of great soloing and upbeat rock. SURE CONVICTION have brought tears to my eyes with how they bring across the wording of their lyrics with the music. "Remember Me, Remember Me. You are innocent and I am guilty. You are a king and I'm a thief." You'll have to hear this stuff to really get the full effect. "Get Ready" is an excellent opener with a provocative thought. "You say that you don't believe, well I'm not the one you have to believe..." "He" is another great song. "He makes the blind to see, He can heal the crippled." SURE CONVICTION also provides encouragement to those who have been hurt by other Christians in the song, "One Person Or Two." "Standing For You" is another great song that gives the listener encouragement that Jesus is always "right by your side." This CD is all I've got from this band, I never could find the others. I hear this was actually the best, but I won't judge until I have heard them all. For fans of lighter Metal/Hard Rock with a very accessible sound and great hooks, full of great evangelistic messages, this CD is a must. Before I finally got it on CD, I wore this cassette out.

DallasBlack...for you to feel some of the same things I feel about this CD, especially the emotion of "Man In The Middle/Remember Me," I don't think it's a coincidence...I think that it's a highly annointed song.

Amen, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:41 am

I like this album, maybe their best of the 4 they have, the others are more churchy and worship-oriented. I found Get Ready in a thrift store for 2 bucks, mint.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:19 pm

I like it, but its not a frequent player for me. I agree about the Man In The Middle/Remember Me combo. That's a great two-song set of music and lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sure Conviction-Get Ready   Sure Conviction-Get Ready Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sure Conviction-Get Ready
Page 1 of 1