Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
mc666
exact33
mikeinfla
glassprison
DallasBlack
Eyesore
manny
nevermore
Runicen
Mglaffas81
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Boris2008
corplhicks
Glower
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Empty
PostSubject: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 12:35 pm

In a move that we all pretty much knew was coming sooner or later, K.K. Downing has formed a new band with former Priest members Tim "Ripper" Owens and Les Binks, which will be called "KK's Priest."

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  MONTAGE_no_logo_no_names

No word yet if Monster Energy Drink will now sponsor the entire band, or just Ripper. Very Happy

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/k-k-downing-joins-forces-with-tim-ripper-owens-and-les-binks-in-new-band-kks-priest/

Former JUDAS PRIEST members K.K. Downing (guitar), Tim "Ripper" Owens (vocals) and Les Binks (drums) have joined forced in a new band called KK'S PRIEST. The group, which will pay homage to Downing's past the lineup, is rounded out by guitarist A.J. Mills (HOSTILE) and bassist Tony Newton (VOODOO SIX).

"Forging ahead with KK'S PRIEST was not only inevitable but essential for me to perform and deliver everything that is expected from me and KK'S PRIEST," Downing said in a statement. "Due to the massive demand and overwhelming support from fans around the world, I feel this is where I belong, and a set combining the true, classic songs and sound of PRIEST, together with great, newly forged metal tracks, is what fans can expect when KK'S PRIEST is taking to stages."

KK'S PRIEST is working on its debut album, to be released via Explorer1 Music Group. It will also play select shows later this year to mark the 50th anniversary of PRIEST and Downing's career as a founding member. KK'S PRIEST's setlist will consist of PRIEST classics and new songs.

KK'S PRIEST is represented exclusively by Andy Gould for Explorer1, with Jim Morewood handling the band's global bookings outside the U.S. for the K2 Agency.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Giphy
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 12:53 pm

This is a great idea. Period. Ripper Owens is a huge plus.
If they can put out an album, that was top notch, it'd be fun to see this form....
Like David Lee Roth with Eat em and Smile....playing Van Halen tunes as well.
I wonder if it was Ripper's idea though....
the only other comparison would be Joe Perry Project.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:00 pm

LES BINKS?!?!

TBH I did not see this coming by a mile, and I have no idea how to feel about it. Conflicted.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Ken has a right to earn a living i guess......... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Ken has a right to earn a living i guess......... don\'t know

I was kind of hoping the best for his wine business and that he would be the Coppola of the metal world, but perhaps being a musician is just one of those roles one can never break free of.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
LES BINKS?!?!

TBH I did not see this coming by a mile, and I have no idea how to feel about it. Conflicted.
Already talked about it here:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t24404p300-judas-priest-firepower-new-album-2018

And you even posted in that thread  happy

I personally think it's great. Tim is back together with Priest, great. New music, great. I hope the album is good. I love KK, I love Owens, I love Les Binks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Interesting. Let's wait and see.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Lari wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
LES BINKS?!?!

Already talked about it here:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t24404p300-judas-priest-firepower-new-album-2018

And you even posted in that thread  happy

LOL I've been know to do that before. But I think because it wasn't official yet, other than a show or two, it didn't really register. Now to find out they're going full-throttle...

I guess what bothers me is this is sort of turning into the kind of drama that Queensryche dealt with, among other bands. This is the first non-JP JP group, if that makes sense. Hard to put it into words.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Should have called it Judas Bishop.

Weird having two Priests. But I guess he didn't want to let go of the "Priest! Priest! Priest" audience chants.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Lari wrote:

I'm surprised he didn't call it "Glenn Tipton Can Suck It."

...but I guess that would look awkward on a concert t-shirt.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Tipton should start his own Priest. Get Al Atkins to sing.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:06 pm

1997 Glen Tipton released “ Baptizm of Fire “ . A solo performance.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Glower wrote:
1997 Glen Tipton released “  Baptizm of Fire “ . A solo performance.
I bought it new. Last album of Cozy Powell. It had some good tracks on it. Glenn's not much of a singer though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:14 pm

I’m all for KK doing his own band and playing songs he co-wrote and performed on. JP wouldn’t let him back in the band, so why not? They let Halford come back!

I think it’s just Ian Hill and Tipton that blocked him... I know Ritchie seems cool and even Halford was open.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Quote :
Glenn's not much of a singer though.

You're too kind. Glenn couldn't sing his way out of a wet paper bag.

Which is a shame cuz Baptizm has some solid playing on it and a lot of cool guests (John Entwistle, Billy Sheehan, Cozy Powell, Don Airey, Robert Trujillo, etc.) ... I've always wondered why he didn't try to recruit a few singers while he was hiring musicians for it...Whit Crane from Ugly Kid Joe does backup vox on one song, Glenn should've let the kid do a few more.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

Don't understand why Ken is so bitter towards Priest, they didn't fire him and he still gets a piece of their action. Fair enough if he wants to go out and play, but calling it Priest because of a couple of guys who played on a couple of albums each are with him is a piss take The real Priest still have four members who have made up the band for the last 30 years and it would probably be five if Ken hadn't walked away

Ken retiring and Glen getting ill is not the band's fault and I get tired of some of the shit that they get.

If he makes an album that's half as good as Firepower I'll be all over it but it still won't be Priest. Mad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

Don't understand why Ken is so bitter towards Priest, they didn't fire him and he still gets a piece of their action. Fair enough if he wants to go out and play, but calling it Priest because of a couple of guys who played on a couple of albums each are with him is a piss take  The real Priest still have four members who have made up the band for the last 30 years and it would probably be five if Ken hadn't walked away

Ken retiring and Glen getting ill is not the band's fault and I get tired of some of the shit that they get.

If he makes an album that's half as good as Firepower I'll be all over it but it still won't be Priest. Mad

They let Halford come back after he had his merry way as a solo artist and left them high and dry. KK had his reasons for leaving, but like so many others that tried to retire (Scorpions, Ozzy etc...) he changed his mind.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Lari wrote:
Tipton should start his own Priest. Get Al Atkins to sing.

You’re joking right?

How would they perform live? Tipton has Parkinson’s disease and can barely play the easy songs like Living After Midnight. Even in the studio he wouldn’t be the same.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

Don't understand why Ken is so bitter towards Priest, they didn't fire him and he still gets a piece of their action. Fair enough if he wants to go out and play, but calling it Priest because of a couple of guys who played on a couple of albums each are with him is a piss take  The real Priest still have four members who have made up the band for the last 30 years and it would probably be five if Ken hadn't walked away

They let Halford come back after he had his merry way as a solo artist and left them high and dry. KK had his reasons for leaving, but like so many others that tried to retire (Scorpions, Ozzy etc...) he changed his mind.

Their careers had gone down the toilet in the time that Rob was away. Not really the case now. If as I suspect there is an issue between Rob and Ken they were always going to go with Rob, whatever the rights and wrongs of that are, the people have spoken and they want to see Halford fronting JP.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 4:04 pm

I think KK wanted to retire and enjoy golf and stuff. But he lost his money when the golf course went bankrupt. Then he wanted to get back to Priest to get some dough. But bridges were burnt already. He shouldn't have given those negative interviews.

EDIT:
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/k-k-downing-on-collapse-of-his-luxury-golf-course-venture-i-made-a-few-rubbish-business-moves/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

Their careers had gone down the toilet in the time that Rob was away. Not really the case now. If as I suspect there is an issue between Rob and Ken they were always going to go with Rob, whatever the rights and wrongs of that are, the people have spoken and they want to see Halford fronting JP.

If they went down the toilet, it’s because Rob left them high and dry. He actually left after one of their biggest and most successful albums (Painkiller). Their chemistry was understandably thrown off. Not unlike Sepultura when Max left... but hey, some people actually like those albums!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pm

My only issue is the name. I don't think he has to call it KK's Priest. There's 2 former members of Priest, yes, but just come up with different name and put out some bad ass tunes. I'll buy.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm happy for him, and hope nothing but great things. I would rather he be let back in Priest, but it is what it is. I think it's a shitty thing that they won't let him back in to celebrate their fiftieth anniversary. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and do what's right. To me, him back where he belongs is good for the band, but most importantly good for the fans that pay their asses. Plus Glenn isn't going to be able to play many shows, if any, so they'll have to use another replacement like they did on the last tour. K.K. should be there.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 10:36 pm

the sentinel wrote:
My only issue is the name. I don't think he has to call it KK's Priest. There's 2 former members of Priest, yes, but just come up with different name and put out some bad ass tunes. I'll buy.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that's itching my nerves too! It almost feels passive-aggressive, like he's (or he and Binks?) flipping his old mates the bird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next