Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer

Go down 
+13
manny
nevermore
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
7thSecond
Troublezone
Gilbert
glassprison
Lari
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Empty
PostSubject: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am

Just saw this on Blabbermouth.
Damn. Kick its ass, Dave!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-dave-mustaine-diagnosed-with-throat-cancer/

Quote :

The MEGADETH leader broke the news of his diagnosis earlier today via his social media.

He wrote: "I've been diagnosed with throat cancer. It's clearly something to be respected and faced head on — but I've faced obstacles before. I'm working closely with my doctors, and we've mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate. Treatment has already begun.

"Unfortunately, this requires that we cancel most shows this year. The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up to date information will be at megadeth.com as we get it. MEGADETH will be back on the road ASAP.

"Meanwhile, Kiko [Loureiro, guitar], David [Ellefson, bass], Dirk [Verbeuren, drums] and I are in the studio, working on the follow up to 'Dystopia' — which I can't wait for everyone to hear.

"I'm so thankful for my whole team — family, doctors, band members, trainers, and more.

"I'll keep everyone posted.

"See you soon, Dave Mustaine"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Wow. First lyme disease, now cancer.

I guess the cancer treatment means bye-bye to his iconic hair, too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Bummer. Here's hoping he can beat it. Best of luck, Dave.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 12:45 pm

This is terrible news. Hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm

We love you Dave. All the best. Wishing you a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:03 pm

At least he actually has a chance.

Blitz, Chuck Billy, Bruce Dickinson, Tony Iommi and Rikki Rockett have all survived cancer. I pray Dave too will overcome this! He’s one of my guitar heroes and a pioneer of thrash!

Good vibes are a great sentiment, but I’m sending straight up prayers!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 663

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 pm

I hate cancer!!! Good luck Dave.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Just saw this, really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Best wishes for a swift recovery!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 pm

I feel compelled to listen to In My Darkest Hour.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:17 am

My prayers go out to Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 12:50 pm

I really, really, really hope he pulls through. This is simply insane.

I had to Google this (http://www.cancer8.com/throat-cancer/survival-rate.html) but it looks like stage 1 throat cancer can be viably beat. Not sure what stage he's at, but if the doctors are saying 90% survival rate, stage 1 is where he could be.

I know his voice was already in its last season but I'm wondering if this may have any impact and render his vocal abilities inert.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 pm

And somehow he's finishing up an album so I'm thinking they caught it pretty early.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Hoping for Dave's full and speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
And somehow he's finishing up an album so I'm thinking they caught it pretty early.

Excellent observation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:

"This Day We Fight" and/or "Take No Prisoners" might be more appropriate/up beat. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

"This Day We Fight" and/or "Take No Prisoners" might be more appropriate/up beat. Very Happy

Yeah I know, but going through something like that makes you think about how fragile life can be.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:56 pm

It sounds like they caught it early but this news still sucks!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 12:23 am

manny wrote:
It sounds like they caught it early but this news still sucks!

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 am

Hoping and praying all the best for Dave. Beat Cancers ass!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 am

A message from Dave:

Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Kick it ass, Dave!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Dave needs to persevere and overcome this!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 9:55 am

Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine shares uplifting cancer update
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer   Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next