Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Prophet - The God Machine

Go down 
+3
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Steel Prophet - The God Machine Empty
PostSubject: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Have you picked this up yet?  

It is pretty darn awesome.  They got the singer from Mystic Prophecy in the band and he does a good job.  Really top notch production.  I am completely digging it.

Got the chance to speak to Steve Kachinsky [gtr/song writer] last night.  Fun interview!  Check it out if ya got a sec.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 12:52 pm

I still need to pick up their last one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Solid song. I am falling a bit behind on these guys.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:13 pm

It's R.D. Liapakis!

The song was merely "okay", a little generic, but being the board's official Liapakis fanboy I now need to buy this CD.

The only other Steel Prophet songs I know are the cover versions they've done on Priest, Dio and Maiden cover compilations.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:48 am

Lari wrote:
It's R.D. Liapakis!

The song was merely "okay", a little generic, but being the board's official Liapakis fanboy I now need to buy this CD.

The only other Steel Prophet songs I know are the cover versions they've done on Priest, Dio and Maiden cover compilations.

Yeah Lar - They have been around for 30 years with different incarnations [Vince Dennis from Tourniquet and Body Count being the other solid member]. You really can't go wrong with any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 4:11 am

I only want the one with Lia.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 5:55 am

I agree with Sax on their releases but Messiah is a killer album, their best as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 6:07 am

Lari wrote:
It's R.D. Liapakis!

I love his performance on Valley's Eve deception of pain. Solid headbanger.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 9:06 am

Not bad. They remind me of Firewind a bit.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 2:26 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Funny that you say that cause now thats what I'm hearing as far as this new album goes, it does have a bit of a Firewind sound too it but its better Laughing

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 8:55 am

the sentinel wrote:
Gus G used to play for Liapakis' band Mystic Prophecy.

God Machine is very well done. Lia's singing brings the right amount of grit and power to the music. It's also quite varied. Better than the two Devil's Train albums for sure.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:08 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
It's R.D. Liapakis!

I love his performance on Valley's Eve deception of pain. Solid headbanger.
Totally. He's got some great pipes. 

He was singing pretty straight clean power vocals back then, adding just a little grit when necessary. Now he's using more techniques like the "rock gravel" on mid-tempo songs that don't require full power but need a little color.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 am

Review:

https://www.angrymetalguy.com/steel-prophet-the-god-machine-review/

Now I'll stop spamming this thread.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 12:37 pm

The songs where they don't seem to be trying to sound like Whitesnake are good but this is very inconsistent. I actually like about half the first Devil's Train album a lot, the second one not so much.
Best SP album imo is Book Of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 am

I actually like the "Whitesnake songs".
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 9:30 am

They're not terrible but not what I expect or even really want from SP. And I like Whitesnake.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 3:56 am

Just listened to this album today again. I enjoy it a lot.

Also checked up on the band and noticed they have another video:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 4:02 am

Oh, and this one as well:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:13 am

Man, i still haven't picked up this album. I held a copy of it while in Saturn Store in Germany last year, but then put it back on the shelves and got Cage's Science Of Annihilation Re-Annihilated instead.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Local store has Steel Prophet's Book of the Dead and Dark Hallucinations CD's up for sale cheap (€6.90 a pop, and they are new and sealed). I'm about to pull the trigger. Any opinions on these two?

The only Steel Prophet I own is the God Machine. I only got it because of R.D. Liapakis, and it's a great CD. I love it.

The previous singer Rick Mythiasin has good pipes, too, but did the music have staying power? Especially those two albums?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm

Lari wrote:
Local store has Steel Prophet's Book of the Dead and Dark Hallucinations CD's up for sale cheap (€6.90 a pop, and they are new and sealed). I'm about to pull the trigger. Any opinions on these two?

The only Steel Prophet I own is the God Machine. I only got it because of R.D. Liapakis, and it's a great CD. I love it.

The previous singer Rick Mythiasin has good pipes, too, but did the music have staying power? Especially those two albums?

I like both, although Book Of The Dead is slightly better imo.

Totally agree about God Machine being a kick a** album. I did pick it last year and totally enjoyed it headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 6:18 am

Both albums are good. I like Dark Hallucinations a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Prophet - The God Machine   Steel Prophet - The God Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Prophet - The God Machine
Page 1 of 1