Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for work?

Go down 
+33
the sentinel
James B.
Glower
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
Mglaffas81
glassprison
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
Lari
Witchfinder
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
Thelemech
martinsane
Troublezone
manny
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
akeldama
Wrecked Neck
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

What do you do for work? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 7:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
I grew up in scorched earth, it doesn't bother me that much. I tend to get tired of it towards late August, but it's fine. Can't beat the winters though that's for sure. Been back two years, and only have worn long pants three times lol

I pretty much wear shorts year round.

One thing I like about Phoenix is the local bands. Flotsam and Sacred Reich are from there. Halford lives there. I would dread the summer heat! HVAC techs are probably in high demand. Smile
Kerry King lives here too, or used to. Way back in the mid 90's I worked with a dude that watched his house while on tour. I always tried to talk him into letting me go there with him just once so I could say I was in Kerry kings house, but he wouldn't let me lol

I was,also sort of neighbors with Alice Cooper way back then. He had a house basically across the street from the apartment I used to live in.

I keep hoping to run into Rob Halford one day. Out of all the people here, he's the one I want to meet most.

Oh and speaking of Flotsam and Jetsam, my dad used to have a friend that had a house that doubled as his business for building custom hotrods. I didn't find out until after we moved to Seattle, but Flotsam and Jetsam used to use his garage for a rehearsal place. My fucking dad failed to mention that until one day about a week before we moved. He had no idea who they were, and I'm like ready to punch him because his friend probably could have gotten me in to hang out and listen to them rehearse. Still pissed about that lol

Cool!
Did your friend mention anything unusual inside Kerry King’s house? Razz

No not really, said it was no big deal. I'm sure he downplayed it a bit, probably thought I might stalk him to see where it was.....not that that ever crossed my mind Very Happy

I’m surprised he didn’t mention his famous snake collection. Kerry and Slash are well known snake breeders and collectors.
He did, that was the main thing he did for him was feed them and clean their tanks. When you asked me, I thought you were asking about weird or evil stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 7:40 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
I grew up in scorched earth, it doesn't bother me that much. I tend to get tired of it towards late August, but it's fine. Can't beat the winters though that's for sure. Been back two years, and only have worn long pants three times lol

I pretty much wear shorts year round.

One thing I like about Phoenix is the local bands. Flotsam and Sacred Reich are from there. Halford lives there. I would dread the summer heat! HVAC techs are probably in high demand. Smile
Kerry King lives here too, or used to. Way back in the mid 90's I worked with a dude that watched his house while on tour. I always tried to talk him into letting me go there with him just once so I could say I was in Kerry kings house, but he wouldn't let me lol

I was,also sort of neighbors with Alice Cooper way back then. He had a house basically across the street from the apartment I used to live in.

I keep hoping to run into Rob Halford one day. Out of all the people here, he's the one I want to meet most.

Oh and speaking of Flotsam and Jetsam, my dad used to have a friend that had a house that doubled as his business for building custom hotrods. I didn't find out until after we moved to Seattle, but Flotsam and Jetsam used to use his garage for a rehearsal place. My fucking dad failed to mention that until one day about a week before we moved. He had no idea who they were, and I'm like ready to punch him because his friend probably could have gotten me in to hang out and listen to them rehearse. Still pissed about that lol

Cool!
Did your friend mention anything unusual inside Kerry King’s house? Razz

No not really, said it was no big deal. I'm sure he downplayed it a bit, probably thought I might stalk him to see where it was.....not that that ever crossed my mind Very Happy

I’m surprised he didn’t mention his famous snake collection. Kerry and Slash are well known snake breeders and collectors.
He did, that was the main thing he did for him was feed them and clean their tanks. When you asked me, I thought you were asking about weird or evil stuff lol

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 3:20 pm

nevermore wrote:
I do shift maintenance in a factory.

That was my old job. The plant closed just a couple months after I posted this. I now work for the evil conglomerate known as Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 4:28 pm

So in November I quit my job, took the holidays off and didn't really look for work until about two weeks ago. Just landed what I hope turns out to be a great job. The pay is a little higher than my last job per hour, but I'll probably lose a little overtime. Best part is it's four ten hour days, with an option to work five if I want. Plus a 5k sign on bonus, quarterly safety bonuses, paid time off all that crap, and a much easier job than what I was doing. Super excited to start, still have plenty of money saved up, but I need to work so I can get out of this house and start my life over again.

SideShowDisaSter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
So in November I quit my job, took the holidays off and didn't really look for work until about two weeks ago. Just landed what I hope turns out to be a great job. The pay is a little higher than my last job per hour, but I'll probably lose a little overtime. Best part is it's four ten hour days, with an option to work five if I want. Plus a 5k sign on bonus, quarterly safety bonuses, paid time off all that crap, and a much easier job than what I was doing. Super excited to start, still have plenty of money saved up, but I need to work so I can get out of this house and start my life over again.

Good luck to ya. Hope it works out.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 pm

007 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Good luck to ya. Hope it works out.
Thank you sir, I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Hope the best for you WreckedNecked!

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 5:26 pm

Hopefully it goes well for you, Wrecked! I know how you feel about needing to get out of the house. I was stuck in the house for 3 months waiting on surgery. I went back to work last week because I was sick of waiting Smile

Of course, they ring me yesterday and say they can possibly do the surgery next week lol go figure! haha

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Wishing you the best!!

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Thanks guys! Still waiting to start. Took my drug test yesterday, hopefully I'll start next week. I enjoy the time off, but time to make some money again. Veeeeery bored sitting here waiting.
Back to top Go down
Jan It Or
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 11:49 pm

After a long period of inactivity have a job stocking shelves at the local supermarket.

The pay is sub-par but what's nice is the work is super easy.

So, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 am

The ol' lady and I sold off our two side businesses and closed up shop on the third. This coming March, it is back to the road construction gig. The proposed federal mandates for government funded contracts of $35 million or more only going to union outfits will probably end that gig? Who knows?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 8:53 am

Due to major increases in overtime taxes, I am moving over to another Department this work season. Less hours.. Just gonna be hauling toys around for others to play with.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 1:02 pm

James B. wrote:
Due to major increases in overtime taxes, I am moving over to another Department this work season. Less hours.. Just gonna be hauling toys around for others to play with.

Toys? Adult store stuff? Laughing very hard

I’m sure the Bohemian Grove attendees put in their order of dildos.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 11:58 am

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:

Laughing very hard
Those 10 ton solar & windmill powered rainbow colored things gotta get to point B somehow, right?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 12:33 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:

Laughing very hard
Those 10 ton solar & windmill powered rainbow colored things gotta get to point B somehow, right?

Sounds like a stretch for sure.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 7:12 pm

Here’s a stupid tidbit of worthless info… (for a laugh)

Yesterday at work, I was collecting keys to some cars dropped off at the small aircraft airport and I saw a package waiting to be picked up with the name Sammy Hagar on it. Razz
I’m not too surprised to see it… the late Kobe Bryant used to be a regular there (it’s the place he got the helicopter ride to his death). Famous people come through for local flights in the area. I thought I’d have seen more by now.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 8:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Here’s a stupid tidbit of worthless info… (for a laugh)

Yesterday at work, I was collecting keys to some cars dropped off at the small aircraft airport and I saw a package waiting to be picked up with the name Sammy Hagar on it. Razz

My guess is it was the "Standing Hampton" prototype Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 3:37 am

Well, I've had some crazy shit going on in my work life. I was working for a very small trucking company that as of today went out of business due to piss pour management from the owner of the company. I could write a book on all the shit that dipshit did to run himself out of business. It got so bad, our fuel cards ran out, so we couldn't get fuel. Most of our tractors were breaking down left and right. Trailers even getting so bad they were unsafe to pull. Employees quitting left and right (myself included). He took on this massive deal from Amazon to shuttle loaded trailers from Vegas to Phoenix. Problem with it was, he lost money on every single load he did. That was basically the nail in the coffin. If he would have slowed down, and just built it up doing local stuff, he would still have a company. He was losing about $200.00 each load per day, and doing four of those a day. My supervisor warned him it wasn't going to work, tried several times to talk him out of it, but he wouldn't listen. He had several vendors looking for him that he owed money to. Temp agencies that he used, never got paid. Mechanics. Luckily for me, I quit a cou0ple weeks ago, so I avoided the possible shortage on my final paycheck. Luckily for most of the drivers, they also quit, but a few stuck it out, and now I doubt they will get paid.

So yeah, it's been fun. Luckily for me, I applied to be a truck driver for the USPS back in May, and start on Wednesday. As long as nothing stupid happens and I make it thru probation, it will most likely be the job I retire from. It's a union gig, with unreal pay, awesome benefits, all the federal holidays you can shake a stick at, and after my first year, it comes with four weeks off paid per year. Some sort of federal 401k plan, plus a pension. All local work, so nothing going over the road. Eight hours a day, with optional OT after I get some seniority built up. It's a dream job, I still can't believe it's real sometimes. I figured no way would I get it since they mostly like to hire ex-military personnel.

So yeah, I lucked out big time, and am super excited to get rolling. You can now call me Cliff Clavin lol

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 12:21 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
So yeah, I lucked out big time, and am super excited to get rolling. You can now call me Cliff Clavin lol

Missed this somehow \'arry \'eadbanger

Glad ya got a better gig cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 2:35 am

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Missed this somehow \'arry \'eadbanger

Glad ya got a better gig cool

Thanks! So far so good. All the supervisors I've worked with so far seem to like me. Only complaint is I never know what my schedule will be from week to week. they post them every Wednesday. So far I've had a good schedule with decent hours. I've got about 45-50 days left on my probation, after that I'm golden.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 2:40 am

Oh and on a side note, I have leverage in case they try to get rid of me. I just realized the last three companies I've worked for are now out of business. I used to work for Reddaway, which was owned by Yellow Freight. Last week they, or this week, they filed for bankruptcy. Closing their doors after 100 years in the industry, and laying off about 30,000 employees. My last job, as I said in a previous post is also out of business. And the job I had before Reddaway also went out of business and closed it's doors after about 35 years. So if the postal service decides to can me, don't blame me when they end up closing down and you no longer get your junk mail. Blame them, because I already warned them they can't get rid of me or it's their ass lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 11:24 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Oh and on a side note, I have leverage in case they try to get rid of me. I just realized the last three companies I've worked for are now out of business. I used to work for Reddaway, which was owned by Yellow Freight. Last week they, or this week, they filed for bankruptcy. Closing their doors after 100 years in the industry, and laying off about 30,000 employees. My last job, as I said in a previous post is also out of business. And the job I had before Reddaway also went out of business and closed it's doors after about 35 years. So if the postal service decides to can me, don't blame me when they end up closing down and you no longer get your junk mail. Blame them, because I already warned them they can't get rid of me or it's their ass lol

What do you do for work? - Page 9 Who-is-schleprock-on-the-flintstones-5

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 6:40 pm

This is my last season (ends in November) with the current outfit I have been with since 2010.

Moving on to install turbines on wind-farms.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do for work?
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9