Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for work?

Go down 
+33
the sentinel
James B.
Glower
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
Mglaffas81
glassprison
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
Lari
Witchfinder
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
Thelemech
martinsane
Troublezone
manny
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
akeldama
Wrecked Neck
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

What do you do for work? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:22 am

Stender wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Still on the Oregon Coast Stender?

Just East of the coast, Eugene area.

Track Town! I envy you.

Yes sir! My grandfather was one of Steve Prefontaine's High school teachers.

That is very cool. Do you ever go to meets there, or do you waste your blessing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 3:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Stender wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Still on the Oregon Coast Stender?

Just East of the coast, Eugene area.

Track Town! I envy you.

Yes sir! My grandfather was one of Steve Prefontaine's High school teachers.

That is very cool. Do you ever go to meets there, or do you waste your blessing? Very Happy

No meets. I have plenty of family that compete and attend UofO games and the like, not my thing. I definitely make use of all the trails in the area for my PT though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Goonies are north coast, Stender was central coast. Cool

So I guess that puts the Roloff farm (from the cable tv show) somewhere in between. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 am

What a jip! Go to work today, fully expecting an ass chewing/screaming match from my boss, and dude didn't even acknowledge what went down Friday. Really pisses me off, cause I was ready to let him have it. Oh well, guess I'm stuck here for now, but I've gotta find something else somewhere soon. New terminal manager started today, so who knows maybe he'll make it tolerable......if he lives.

Yes, his first day today, and he had a seizure of some sort, and was taken away in an ambulance. Apparently he's okay and will be back Wednesday. Not exactly sure what happened, but I heard they think it was a reaction with some medication his doctor gave him. Pretty scary, but glad he's okay.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:27 am

At least you have a job to hate, I can't get anyone to hire me.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:58 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

What are you lookin for?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:03 pm

I deliver packages for Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 12:55 pm

What do you do for work? - Page 7 27545052_1659468847425733_4845840648998069562_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQmlELClOFzNMiRCv_LsqHX9lGLhVaYLsZhkAuDxgyHU_sCk_NtLvWSzdSnJ-SxPQR52Z-XRljeZLMm65Z7ft24E&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Heres a pic of myself (Left) and my squad boss at the time during my first year on the Blanket Creek fire early 2017 season. I'll never forget the brutal 30 min hike in to our division every morning for 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Didn’t you start as a sorter? When did they promote you to deliveries?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Stender wrote:
What do you do for work? - Page 7 27545052_1659468847425733_4845840648998069562_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQmlELClOFzNMiRCv_LsqHX9lGLhVaYLsZhkAuDxgyHU_sCk_NtLvWSzdSnJ-SxPQR52Z-XRljeZLMm65Z7ft24E&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Heres a pic of myself (Left) and my squad boss at the time during my first year on the Blanket Creek fire early 2017 season. I'll never forget the brutal 30 min hike in to our division every morning for 2 weeks.

Looks tough with all the hiking and gear.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'm the Swiss army knife for a semi trailer manufacturer.  I handle Purchasing / Procurement, quote & sell trailers, handle all compliance with government regulations, assign and submit VINs, cover spare parts sales & usage, price & invoice repair / warranty work, etc.

At least all the hats keep my resume looking good for when I finally do move on...

Wondered how you were surviving down there, Ben. Sounds like you found a niche.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I got fired back in 2015. Eventually got hired by a company that works for DFW airport. Barely scratched by from the meager pay and no overtime. Around the point I was ready to quit, I again got fired. Only a few days later I got hired by a liquor distributor to deliver to bars, restaurants, and clubs. Great paying job with lots of overtime which put me squarely in the middle class. Overtime was being slashed and I was thinking of eventually leaving in a year, then once again, I got fired again.

I recently got hired by one of the logistics companies that delivers Amazon's packages. Hoping this will be the last time I have to go through this again. I'm very hopeful because I'm in a much better place these days than I have been in the past 10+ years.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 am

Stender is what hipsters try to look like. lol!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Stender is what hipsters try to look like. lol!

Haha....oh man, I could go on about that. You know because you live in the PNW too, the working class look posers are ridiculous up here.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 2:34 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'm the Swiss army knife for a semi trailer manufacturer.  I handle Purchasing / Procurement, quote & sell trailers, handle all compliance with government regulations, assign and submit VINs, cover spare parts sales & usage, price & invoice repair / warranty work, etc.

At least all the hats keep my resume looking good for when I finally do move on...

Wondered how you were surviving down there, Ben.  Sounds like you found a niche.

I had thought about living in the Outback eating roos and wombats, but I'm not a big fan of the heat Laughing

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 4:21 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I got fired back in 2015. Eventually got hired by a company that works for DFW airport. Barely scratched by from the meager pay and no overtime. Around the point I was ready to quit, I again got fired. Only a few days later I got hired by a liquor distributor to deliver to bars, restaurants, and clubs. Great paying job with lots of overtime which put me squarely in the middle class. Overtime was being slashed and I was thinking of eventually leaving in a year, then once again, I got fired again.

I recently got hired by one of the logistics companies that delivers Amazon's packages. Hoping this will be the last time I have to go through this again. I'm very hopeful because I'm in a much better place these days than I have been in the past 10+ years.

Good for you! Best of luck with your current job.

One question though...
When you filled out applications in the past, how did you account for the time between jobs? Do you mention the places you were fired from?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 10:50 am

Dark Horseman wrote: Stender is what hipsters try to look like. Haha....oh man, I could go on about that. You know because you live in the PNW too, the working class look posers are ridiculous up here. wrote:

Yeah, I love when my Fred Meyer cashier looks like a lumberjack.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Good for you! Best of luck with your current job.

One question though...
When you filled out applications in the past, how did you account for the time between jobs? Do you mention the places you were fired from?

I always was honest about the places I was fired from (mainly because I'm not good about making stuff up). This of course disqualified me from a lot of jobs during the bad economy which is why I took that bad airport job. I got tired of being unemployed and they were the only ones offering me a job (had I known about their 90% turnover rate and the no overtime policy, I probably would have held out a little longer). After getting fired from there, it was smooth sailing. Specs was desperate for drivers so I never had to account for being fired, same thing with this job and both places fast tracked me through the hiring process. Looking for a job in a good economy is much easier, people are more forgiving for past mistakes (none of the interviews I did between the last job and this job ever even asked me about my firings-of course I only had 4 other interviews).
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Get a class b or a license, and you'll never have to worry about it. Not sure what type of work you've done, but I was a jeweler before I became a truck driver. If I can do it, anyone can. What do you do for work? - Page 7 438278

Some companies will pay for your schooling. Ours started their own driving school they put all their perspective drivers through. If you came in off the street, they would probably start you off as a dock worker first, then if they like what the see, they would send you to their training facility for drivers.

There are good paying jobs even for class b drivers too. If I was younger I would have gotten hired at this thrash pick up company. They started pay at over $24.00 per hour, topping out at $31.00 and change, plus after a year you get company stock options, and $9.00 p Dr hour added to a pension fund. That was a class b driver job. Not sure I could have handled it at the time I applied, since I was dealing with a shoulder injury. I wasn't prepared for how hard it would have been until after my interview.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 7:17 pm

We have saving and investments. My wife gets retirement and I work part time for Marshalls clothing in the warehouse. We also sell stuff on ebay....
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 am

brokentulsa wrote:
We have saving and investments. My wife gets retirement and I work part time for Marshalls clothing in the warehouse. We also sell stuff on ebay....

Not related to the topic, but I just noticed your location. I grew up in Lubbock. Lived there for several years, but frequented it my whole childhood as my dad was from there, grandparents and other family lived there. We lived on both 31st St and 66th st. Ha anyway.

I work for a law firm, drafting letters for the attorneys. Which I don't mind, but my heart has been longing for some sort of job working with my hands or outside.

I dream all day about climbing trees for a living and cutting shit down with my chainsaw. Ha. I have no idea how to make that a reality.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 am

I just noticed this thread. Fun to glance through.
I'm in Biotech. Science. Research. Development. Etc.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 11:34 am

Glower wrote:
So is biotech Godzilla? lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Glower wrote:
So is biotech Godzilla? lol!

Glower works for Monarch. Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do for work?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next