Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th

Go down 
+10
Gilbert
Troublezone
Eyesore
the sentinel
James B.
corplhicks
glassprison
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 am

01. You Won't Take Me Alive
02. Taste Like
03. We Can Rule The World
04. Shock
05. Love Is A Fire
06. California Summer Song
07. Forever Loving You
08. The Mission
09. Tied To The Tracks
10. Afterlife
11. I Want Everything
12. Comfort Zone

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Listened to the song Shock and it's got some bite. They might be the most consistent band from the 80's.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 pm

You can definitely tell they have been working with Phil Collen on this album. It has some elements that remind me of the last Def Leppard album. I like it though!

I also got an email from Ticketmaster saying that I'll be getting a free copy of this album when it comes out because I bought a ticket to see them in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 3:00 pm

I dunno...this band just ain't what they used to be. Those snippets sound weak. Interesting that Collen is producing. I'll give the full tracks a shot but my expectations are low.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 4:56 pm

I've liked the demos of the past few albums better than what has been released. IMHO, Frankie has been putting out better stuff than Tesla, for what its worth.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Quote :
IMHO, Frankie has been putting out better stuff than Tesla, for what its worth.

I've never heard any of his studio albums but I just saw his solo band open for Jack Russell recently and was really impressed. I need to check those out.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
IMHO, Frankie has been putting out better stuff than Tesla, for what its worth.

I've never heard any of his studio albums but I just saw his solo band open for Jack Russell recently and was really impressed. I need to check those out.

Frank is such a great guitarist with this rebellious authority in his tone and attack. His cover of Lord of the Thighs is amazing. I'd like to hear more of his solo work.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm

They're playing in a small theater basement month. It's a nice little venue. I never saw Tesla in concert before. That just may be the place to go. Now to find someone who is game.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

This tune is okay. Just like the last few albums -okay, nothing great. I will get this eventually, but not rushing out on March 8th to grab a copy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm

glassprison wrote:
You can definitely tell they have been working with Phil Collen on this album. It has some elements that remind me of the last Def Leppard album. I like it though!

I also got an email from Ticketmaster saying that I'll be getting a free copy of this album when it comes out because I bought a ticket to see them in Chicago.

It's definitely different for them. Sounds like a damn NIN song to start. But I didn't really hear Phil's distinctive influence until that weirdly out of place "like it" bit before the final chorus. That's Phil singing, but in no other part of the song do you hear that. It's strange.

Anyway, despite the electronic backbone of the song, it's good. One thing is for certain, Jeff hasn't sounded this good in a loooooong time. The last few albums he's sounded like a frog being strangled. Just this weird throaty croak. This sounds way better.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:31 pm

James B. wrote:
I've liked the demos of the past few albums better than what has been released. IMHO, Frankie has been putting out better stuff than Tesla, for what its worth.

What demos?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
What demos?

I have some demos and outtakes from "Simplicity" & "Twisted Wires". Some have Jeff's strangled frog thing kickin' off, others have Frankie singing or no vocals at all.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 11:51 am

Frank seems to be the only member who still has any fire or enthusiasm left. The others seem to be showing their age more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
glassprison wrote:

It's definitely different for them. Sounds like a damn NIN song to start. But I didn't really hear Phil's distinctive influence until that weirdly out of place "like it" bit before the final chorus. That's Phil singing, but in no other part of the song do you hear that. It's strange.

Anyway, despite the electronic backbone of the song, it's good. One thing is for certain, Jeff hasn't sounded this good in a loooooong time. The last few albums he's sounded like a frog being strangled. Just this weird throaty croak. This sounds way better.

Eh, the new song's ok I guess. I'll still give' em a go however. They've had a very good/consistent catalog up to Simplicity. That one was a stinker.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 11:07 am

New tune...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Not sure what to think of this song, it's not bad but boy, never thought i'd hear Tesla sounding this poppy.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 pm

The "Tesla sounds like Def Leppard" backlash has already started and Brian Wheat responded on another forum by telling fans to "F off" if they feel this way.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 3:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New tune...

Oh what the smurf is this Frankie & Annette shit??

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 am

Meh... Will probably skip...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 am

That new song is crap! What the fuck?
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:57 am

This is Tesla's very own "Eye II Eye". Good grief.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 8:14 am

I only own mechanical resonance on cd. Will have to check out more of their work.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
That new song is crap! What the fuck?

I agree 100%

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am

Gilbert wrote:
I only own mechanical resonance on cd. Will have to check out more of their work.

If you like "heavier" music, then stay with the early Tesla albums like Resonance, Controversy, Pyschotic Supper, and Bust a Nut. Into the now from '04 is very good too, but they came back a different band, Unfortunately, I feel they are trending downward.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 am

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

If you like "heavier" music, then stay with the early Tesla albums like Resonance, Controversy, Pyschotic Supper, and Bust a Nut. Into the now from '04 is very good too, but they came back a different band, Unfortunately, I feel they are trending downward.

Will do. Thanks for the tip headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next