HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32546

PostSubject: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Saw this on another forum I frequent and thought it was a fun idea for a thread. Very simply, list your favorite album release for each year that you've been alive.

If you don't own or aren't familiar with any albums released in a particular year, feel free to skip it and move on to the next year.

Here's mine, I was born in 1970:

1970: Black Sabbath, Paranoid
1971: The Doors, L.A. Woman
1972: Black Sabbath, Vol. 4
1973: Aerosmith, self titled
1974: KISS, self titled
1975: Aerosmith, Toys In The Attic
1976: Ramones, self titled
1977: AC/DC, Let There Be Rock
1978: Judas Priest, Stained Class
1979: Motorhead, Overkill
1980: Def Leppard, On Through The Night
1981: Van Halen, Fair Warning
1982: Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast
1983: Metallica, Kill'Em All
1984: W.A.S.P., self titled
1985: Anthrax, Spreading The Disease
1986: Metallica, Master of Puppets
1987: Dokken, Back For The Attack
1988: Barren Cross, Atomic Arena
1989: Deliverance, self-titled
1990: Scatterbrain, Here Comes Trouble
1991: Savatage, Streets: A Rock Opera
1992: Warrior Soul, Salutations From The Ghetto Nation
1993: Fight, War Of Words
1994: Mercyful Fate, Time
1995: Dokken, Dysfunctional
1996: Kiss, MTV Unplugged
1997: Bruce Dickinson, Accident of Birth
1998: Iced Earth, Something Wicked This Way Comes
1999: Gamma Ray, PowerPlant
2000: Halford, Resurrection
2001: Jag Panzer, Mechanized Warfare
2002: Dio, Killing the Dragon
2003: Tad Morose, Modus Vivendi
2004: Iced Earth, The Glorious Burden
2005: Nevermore, This Godless Endeavor
2006: Skid Row, Revolutions Per Minute
2007: Scorpions, Humanity: Hour I
2008: Bad Biscut, We Still Believe The Hype
2009: Megadeth, Endgame
2010: Accept, Blood Of The Nations
2011: Anthrax, Worship Music
2012: Rush, Clockwork Angels
2013: Newsted, Heavy Metal Music
2014: Prong, Ruining Lives
2015: Stryper, Fallen
2016: Metal Church, XI
2017: Overkill, The Grinding Wheel
2018: Judas Priest, Firepower

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

Number of posts : 20017

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 pm

I will have think about this, but will participate
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24731

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 am

manny wrote:
I will have think about this, but will participate

Same here. It's a cool idea, just gonna take me some time to put it all together.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Wow, this is not easy. I wish I was younger!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Such a seminal year in heavy metal and you picked an album I have never heard!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32546

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Lari wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Such a seminal year in heavy metal and you picked an album I have never heard!

Yeah, it's kind of a dark horse pick. Laughing very hard

Seriously, there were at least fifty albums released in 1988 that I could've chosen, but I still listen to that one on an almost-weekly basis even after all these years, so that's why I went with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 pm

1980 Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
A great year for metal. Too bad I can't remember it! The title track here is still my favourite Sabbath tune.

1981 Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin
A tight race here - I could have gone with Mob Rules as well, but I feel this one wins. At least today. Veteran of the Psychic Wars vs Sign of the Southern Cross.

1982 Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Maiden vs Priest round one and Maiden wins out not in small part because of Hallowed Be Thy Name.

1983 Dio - Holy Diver
Quite easy. This could be my favourite heavy metal album of all time. Metallica's best album was released in 1983, too, but this list is not for second bests.

1984 Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Maiden vs Priest round two and this is the best Judas Priest album of them all. Don't tempt the blade!

1985 Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Just one of those albums where everything falls into place. Gung-Ho, Medusa and a bunch of the other songs are just what I imagine when I think of perfection. Sorry Dokken. You unchained the night in 1985, but I guess in the (livin') end it all just 'slipped away'.

1986 Slayer - Reign in Blood
It's not every day you need to contemplate between Cinderella vs Slayer, but that's exactly what was going through my mind here! Slayer wins on nostalgia because this album was the soundtrack to my late teens.

1987 Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
I start school, and unbeknownst to me, while I'm bringing an apple to the teacher, Savatage releases this record that I will later call perfection in power metal. 'Devastation' is still the song that I think of when I'm trying to place my taste in music into the music map with one single song. It's not the greatest song ever, but it best describes what I like. And the guitar tone is to die for.

1988 Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
I feel guilty for not including any Helloween on my list, but it's not my fault they release their two best albums opposite to two magnus opuses like 1987's Mountain King and now Queensryche's Mindcrime. This album is powerful, captivating and... musical. So many great songs to sing along to.

1989 Savatage - Gutter Ballet
This was the hardest, BY FAR, the hardest choice. But that title track draws me in. And Hounds. And Of Rage and War. What a wonderful album. I must play it now and continue with this list later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)   

Back to top Go down

Favorite album from each year of your life (*so far*)
Page 1 of 1