Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 thrash cds of 2007

Go down 
+13
nevermore
kmorg
DallasBlack
romeolimagolf
Thrasher73
7thSecond
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
krokus
TheGooch
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 thrash cds of 2007   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:59 am

sovdat wrote:
OVERKILL "Immortalis"
My favorite Overkill release since The Killing Kind, if not even Horrorscope. Unexpected!
NEGLIGENCE "Options of a Trapped Mind"
A great release indeed, sadly they went a little too far in production, if you ask me, so it sounds a little too "spoiled", and some songs have been reanranged compared to the demo versions (where's the killer Legacy of Lies chorus?!?!). So I prefer demos to the debut ... btw, you can listen to the whole album here: www.myspace.com/negligence
ONSLAUGHT "Killing Peace"
Completely different to their early works, but it's a ripping modern thrash album done right!
LEGION OF THE DAMNED "Sons of the Jackal"
Basically Malevolent Rapture part 2 (it was recorded right after their 1st album was released) - and it sounds like a left overs from it, nothing special, but not bad either.
MEGADETH "United Abominations"
Another cool release from Mega-Dave.

Haven't heard the latest Exodus yet, can't say that I really want it too (don't like the new singer too much). Basically a disappointing year I'd say, but I just wasn't hyped to hear anything new, since I've found a lot of new releases utterly boring and crappy (like Fueled by Fire, Strikemaster, etc.), so I had much more fun listening to good old metal Smile

Did you get to hear the new Ultimatum?

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 thrash cds of 2007   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:27 pm

blackieboy wrote:
ghost wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention Sodom - The Final Sign of Evil...

Dude, I just ordered this last week. Still haven't got it yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

greedy

Now I have filled all the holes in my Sodom collection. I have all their studio albums now.

listening to music

It is an excellent one. Tom is screaming wild as if he was transferred back to 1984, which fits perfect to this release. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: re   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:08 pm

Ok I can do this now!

Official 2007 top Thrash releases only for me:

Dekapitator - The Storm Before the Calm
Nocturnal Breed - Fields of Rot
Witchburner - Blood of Witches
Blood Tsunami - Thrash Metal
Freevil - Freevil Burning
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 thrash cds of 2007   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
sovdat wrote:
OVERKILL "Immortalis"
My favorite Overkill release since The Killing Kind, if not even Horrorscope. Unexpected!
NEGLIGENCE "Options of a Trapped Mind"
A great release indeed, sadly they went a little too far in production, if you ask me, so it sounds a little too "spoiled", and some songs have been reanranged compared to the demo versions (where's the killer Legacy of Lies chorus?!?!). So I prefer demos to the debut ... btw, you can listen to the whole album here: www.myspace.com/negligence
ONSLAUGHT "Killing Peace"
Completely different to their early works, but it's a ripping modern thrash album done right!
LEGION OF THE DAMNED "Sons of the Jackal"
Basically Malevolent Rapture part 2 (it was recorded right after their 1st album was released) - and it sounds like a left overs from it, nothing special, but not bad either.
MEGADETH "United Abominations"
Another cool release from Mega-Dave.

Haven't heard the latest Exodus yet, can't say that I really want it too (don't like the new singer too much). Basically a disappointing year I'd say, but I just wasn't hyped to hear anything new, since I've found a lot of new releases utterly boring and crappy (like Fueled by Fire, Strikemaster, etc.), so I had much more fun listening to good old metal Smile

Did you get to hear the new Ultimatum?

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 thrash cds of 2007   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:46 pm

Exodus - Atrocity Exhibition (A)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 thrash cds of 2007   Top 5 thrash cds of 2007 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 thrash cds of 2007
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3