Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stray Cats to record new album

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Stray Cats to record new album Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:19 am

I have always enjoyed these guys. Reforming to record a new album.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/stray-cats-40th-anniversary-new-album-tour-738523/
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

New tune! Sounds like classic Cats to me. Have always enjoyed these guys, takes me back in time.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 2:17 pm

That's not too shabby. Sounds like a classic Cats track to me. I have a greatest hits disc of theirs. I don't pull it out often, but I do have it mixed in with a rockabilly playlist I keep on the computer.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 6:11 pm

I like their radio hits. Never owned their albums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 10:59 pm

Guilty pleasure band for me, always caught the Brian S Orchestra at Christmas time when I was still in California.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 7:39 am

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Have always had more than a minor obsession with this band, certainly a favorite and they and Brian Setzer can do no wrong, heck does anyone else remember Phantom, Rocker and Slick?

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 am

Haven't ordered yet but plan on it. Probably vinyl. Beware if you order from Amazon they are CDs on demand. CD-R's! And physical copies are available but for some reason Amazon has them on demand. Soon as there is a little extra cash I'll grab the vinyl version which comes with a download card.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Bought their greatest hits.
Not bad.
This song jumped out at me though. Fun cover !
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 pm

I appreciate Brian Setzers mastery of 50’s era rock guitar and I like a couple of their songs.

Setzer is the closest thing to Chuck Berry.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 8:41 pm

I've never liked their music though I will admit to singing the lyric "I strut right by with my tail in the air" to my younger cat who walks around like that constantly. There was a time where if you turned on FM radio you couldn't possibly NOT hear Stray Cats and I think I just got so sick of them. They're good at what they do but that whole retro thing just isn't for me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 5:43 am

I bought 40 on vinyl last year - good record and I think it was only 13.99 not a bad price for vinyl these days. Even my kids enjoyed hearing "old times" music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats to record new album   Stray Cats to record new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats to record new album
Page 1 of 1