Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the weather today

Go down 
+9
SideShowDisaSter
Aaron_D
Required Fields
tohostudios
nevermore
bassman
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What's the weather today - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm

FF, do you "get" the concept of a sump pump?  I don't.  I know it supposedly has something to do with trying to keep water away from the foundation but if you're deliberately pouring water into a hole INSIDE THE FREAKIN' HOUSE and are depending on an electrically powered, mechanical device to keep emptying the hole all the time that seems much more prone to failure than anything water could do to the foundation unless given decades.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
FF, do you "get" the concept of a sump pump?  I don't.  I know it supposedly has something to do with trying to keep water away from the foundation but if you're deliberately pouring water into a hole INSIDE THE FREAKIN' HOUSE and are depending on an electrically powered, mechanical device to keep emptying the hole all the time that seems much more prone to failure than anything water could do to the foundation unless given decades.

I understand the concept but yea, it does seem flawed, haha. When we first moved in there was *always* a little bit of water in one corner of the cellar floor (it's a "utility" basement, meaning it's not finished/furnished, just a concrete floor and cinder block walls)... the home inspector told us that it was because the water table in our area is very high and of course, water will *always* find a way in somehow.

Shortly after we moved in we came to two realizations: one, the sump pump the former owner had installed was a piece of crap, and the "sump hole" it sat in wasn't deep enough either. So I got a better/more powerful pump, dug out the pit so it was quite a bit deeper, and now it pretty much takes care of itself. When the water level reaches a certain point in the hole it triggers the pump, and it goes out to the street. Easy peasy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 6:07 pm

It still seems like a really stupid concept to me.  I never heard of this until I bought this house.  Personally I'd rather take my chances with the water doing something to my foundation than worrying about this damn thing every time it rains.  If I didn't have a finished basement I wouldn't care; I just wouldn't put anything I care about down there.

But one of the big reasons I bought this house was to have a place for my 3500 or so CD collection because it was pushing me out of my apartment. 

So if my pump ever fails, expect a big "Toho Flood Sale" on ebay.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 6:20 am

Scattered snow showers with temps in the low 30s
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Clear skies and 33
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 pm

Our "high" today was 30.  18 this morning.  That's about 20 degrees colder than average for this time of year; more like late December or early January.   The wind chill was 5 above when I woke up this morning.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 9:30 pm

3°C and rainy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 am

Snow showers in the low 30s
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Sunny and 41
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Partly sunny in the 30s
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Today we were cloudy and in the 30s, but warmer than yesterday.  We actually had a spectacular sunrise this morning because we were clear overnight and the clouds rolled in early this morning but by the time I went to take a picture it wasn't as great.

Spectacular sunrises are one of the advantages of starting work at 6 am.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 9:34 pm

2°C and extremely rainy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 am

Cloudy in the mid 30s
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 11:43 am

Cloudy in the mid 40s
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Sunny and 53
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 pm

3°C.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 5:23 am

Cloudy in the low 40s
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Rain in the mid 50s
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

1°C and snowing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 pm

We're supposed to get heavy rain overnight.  Good thing I had a guy seal a crack I found in my foundation today.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Cloudy and 54
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 9:32 pm

nevermore wrote:
Cloudy and 54

That's about where we are today too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Mostly cloudy in the mid 60s
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Rain
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm

54 and raining
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the weather today   What's the weather today - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the weather today
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next