Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Worst Overkill Album

Go down 
+12
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
glassprison
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Thelemech
Gilbert
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Overkill's Worst
I Hear Black
The Worst Overkill Album Vote_lcap38%The Worst Overkill Album Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
The Killing Kind
The Worst Overkill Album Vote_lcap0%The Worst Overkill Album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Immortalis
The Worst Overkill Album Vote_lcap13%The Worst Overkill Album Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Something Else
The Worst Overkill Album Vote_lcap49%The Worst Overkill Album Vote_rcap
 49% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

The Worst Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 am

So what is Overkill's worst album?

I pulled the three worst polling albums from my three polls about Overkill albums from 1991-2007.  If you want to pick something else please explain below.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 am

I Hear Black for me. It's the one I probably listen to the least. And it's still a decent enough album I guess, but it doesn't hold up to the others for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 11:03 am

I'm an Overkill fanboy, so I like pretty much all of their stuff to some degree.

That said, I Hear Black gets very little play from me. I didn't like it at all when it was current, tho I will admit that a couple of tracks have grown on me over the years. Still, I don't reach for it very often.

I have a feeling that I.H.B. will run away with this poll. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:10 pm

I Hear Black is the one I probably don't spin very much. It gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I love them all including i hear black, which was the first overkill album i heard.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 pm

OK, so who's the one vote for "Something Else," and which album? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I did. I think relixiv is their worse, or to be politically correct, the one i listen to the least. But this is just my opinion.

Last edited by Gilbert on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

I went with I Hear Black. I think Immortalis is a wicked album - LOVE it. Just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Sorry i made a typo error. I meant relixiv not immortalis.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I did. I think relixiv is their worse, or to be politically correct, the one i listen to the least. But this is just my opinion.

x2
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 5:18 pm

I don't think Overkill has released any truly bad albums and they are probably the most consistently good metal band of all time considering their massive catalog. All that being said, I think they were running out of gas on Relixiv and Immortalis. I still listen to Relixiv more than I do to Immortalis so I will pick Immortalis. Also, they took a three year hiatus after Immortalis to find a new record label and recharge their batteries and the result was the crushing Ironbound. Immortalis is completely blown out of the water by that album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Anything with Dave "Wylde" Linsk on guitar.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Relixiv is the worst.

I actually like I Hear Black.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 11:11 pm

I voted "Something Else," that being W.F.O. I know it's probably a cliche but the bass on that album is ridiculously upfront. I would probably find it more tolerable if the guitars weren't so tinny in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 am

glassprison wrote:
I voted "Something Else," that being W.F.O. I know it's probably a cliche but the bass on that album is ridiculously upfront. I would probably find it more tolerable if the guitars weren't so tinny in comparison.

This album suffers in terms of production but is musically very good. The opening track is one of Overkill's best songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 4:53 am

I hear black. Like others have stated, it gets the least amount of play from me.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 5:19 am

Quote :
Relixiv is the worst.

I suppose I would rank it pretty low overall, but "Loaded Rack" is one song that I listen to quite often.

Quote :
This album suffers in terms of production but is musically very good. The opening track is one of Overkill's best songs ever.

If they rerecorded WFO or if I found a bunch of live versions of the songs I bet I would agree. The studio version is just irritating to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 am

W.F.O. kicks ass. The album is loaded with great songs. The production never bothered me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Relixiv is the worst.

I suppose I would rank it pretty low overall, but "Loaded Rack" is one song that I listen to quite often.

Quote :

If they rerecorded WFO or if I found a bunch of live versions of the songs I bet I would agree. The studio version is just irritating to listen to.

You're in luck, 7 of the 11 tracks from W.F.O. were performed live on Wrecking Your Neck Live.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Quote :
You're in luck, 7 of the 11 tracks from W.F.O. were performed live on Wrecking Your Neck Live.

Cool, I'll have to check that one out. I've never listened to any of their live albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Has anyone picked up Overkill's historikill box set that was released by Nuclear Blast over a year ago? I got it and it is amazing. Lots of rarities in there too. Highly recommended for the Overkill die hard fan.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 11:12 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Has anyone picked up Overkill's historikill box set that was released by Nuclear Blast over a year ago? I got it and it is amazing. Lots of rarities in there too. Highly recommended for the Overkill die hard fan.

I just got mine on Monday! It's a good way to pick up a huge chunk of their catalog for not a lot of money and it has some nice bonus material.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 1:15 am

W.F.O. has the loudest bass I ever heard on a recording. But it still kicks ass!

Gasoline Dream!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 pm

I was on Overkill's Facebook page recently and some dates had come up regarding anniversary albums. I'm probably in the minority, but "I Hear Black" is only my third least favorite of their 90's catalog. My least favorite is "W.F.O" due to the production, which is annoying and then "Killing Kind".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 pm

glassprison wrote:

Same here. I won't listen to that album. The mix is just terrible. It hurts my ears.

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Overkill Album   The Worst Overkill Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Worst Overkill Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next