Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill Album

Go down 
+11
RAIDwarden
nevermore
Wayne
MoonChild
ultmetal
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Best news I've heard all year, from Blabbermouth:

Quote :
OVERKILL To Release New Album In March - July 22, 2013
New Jersey thrash metal veterans OVERKILL are working on their new studio album for a March 2014 release.

In a recent interview with Radiosuicide Photography's RSPTV, OVERKILL vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth stated about the band's plans for the coming months: "There's six songs done [for the next record so far]. What we're gonna do in the interim is we're gonna come over while recording and do European festivals. After that, we do a U.S. tour with the German band called KREATOR. It's gonna be a flip-flop headline; we'll close the shows on the East Coast in those theaters and they'll close on the West Coast in theaters, or big clubs. After that, we drop the record in March, it hits the street. They even gave me the date as March 7 already, so we're that far planned ahead for those type of activities. And after that, I'm sure that what we're gonna do is just start rolling these tours again. And I think that as we've gotten older, one of the things that we like is that we actually do more tours, but we do less touring; we're not away from home for three months or sixty days, we're away from home for three or four weeks. Three weeks is a great tour for a guy my age. Because then you don't have to recover for a month when you come home. [laughs]"

As previously reported, OVERKILL released a very special limited tour edition of its latest album, "The Electric Age", in Europe on April 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. The limited 2CD tour edition includes the regular album as well as a four additional live tracks on a bonus CD, recorded at The Metro in Sidney, Australia on September 25, 2010.

"The Electric Age" sold 6,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 77 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Electric Age" was recorded and mixed at Gear Recording Studios in New Jersey, owned and operated by OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni.

To honor and celebrate Record Store Day on April 20, Nuclear Blast and OVERKILL released a limited-edition 10-inch copper-colored vinyl in gatefold containing four live tracks recorded at The Metro in Sidney, Australia on September 25, 2010.

OVERKILL was forced to drop off the "Dark Roots Of Thrash" tour with TESTAMENT in February due to Ellsworth's bout with pneumonia.

Time to get back in the pit! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Awesome! Can't wait! I haven't heard any overkill I dislike.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:11 am

Woooot! Overkill rarely disappoints.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 am

headbanger 

Love it !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:06 am

ill get it. Electric Age rocked!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am

I'll get it - not a huge Overkill fan, but they usually put out decent albums
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Awesome. Always enjoy some new Overkill.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
not a huge Overkill fan

Well, you SHOULD be, dammit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I'll get it - not a huge Overkill fan, but they usually put out decent albums

Check out "the years of decay" or "horrorscope," if you haven't. Those made me a fan.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 pm

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Such a long time to wait. What's rad about Overkill releases is that their like the one band I'm allowed to have great expectations for each album. The only time I've ever been disappointed was WFO (although if they were to do a remix and rerelease I would be happy). At any rate, this is gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Good news, been listening to overkill a lot lately. Loved the electric age and the previous release ironbound a lot. A solid band that rarely disappoints.
Back to top Go down

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Overkill is a great band with quite an impressive discography...but they've kind of reached the point for me where they have far too many albums for me to collect them all. So while I'm happy they are continuing to release strong new material, I'm perfectly content owning about 5 full-length albums and that satisfies my Overkill craving.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Great news!!!headbanger 
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I won't be picking up the album, but I'll definitely give it a listen. I appreciate Overkill's music, but I've never been big enough of a fan to get the albums. I always enjoy hearing them on Pandora or something
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Overkill is a great band with quite an impressive discography...but they've kind of reached the point for me where they have far too many albums for me to collect them all.  So while I'm happy they are continuing to release strong new material, I'm perfectly content owning about 5 full-length albums and that satisfies my Overkill craving.

Right there with you. I own the demos through Horrorscope I Hear Black, Necroshine, Ironbound and Electric Age. They may be my favorite thrash band, but haven't felt compelled to pick up the other dozen quality albums they have out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm an Overkill fanboy. I have all their sh*t. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Their consistency is probably one reason why it isn't necessary to own all their albums. Of course, the flipside of that is found in metallica's inconsistency, where there are some albums to be avoided at all costs. It can work both ways, it just depends on the band.

That being said, the more overkill, the better.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm an Overkill fanboy. I have all their sh*t.  Very Happy

I'm curious; is the extended editions worth it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If you have the "Wrecking Your Neck" live album from '95, then no it isn't.
The "Extended Versions" disc is just a bunch of tracks cherry-picked off of "Wrecking Your Neck" and repackaged.

If you don't already have "Wrecking," then "Extended Versions" is decent for a cheap pickup, esp. since "Wrecking" is now long OOP

Back to top Go down

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Overkill to me falls into the same general category as Motorhead and AC/DC, lots of quality albums to choose from...but all stylistically very similar to each other so you don't really need to own everything by those bands.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
Overkill to me falls into the same general category as Motorhead and AC/DC, lots of quality albums to choose from...but all stylistically very similar to each other so you don't really need to own everything by those bands.

Nicely put.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If you have the "Wrecking Your Neck" live album from '95, then no it isn't.
The "Extended Versions" disc is just a bunch of tracks cherry-picked off of "Wrecking Your Neck" and repackaged.

If you don't already have "Wrecking," then "Extended Versions" is decent for a cheap pickup, esp. since "Wrecking" is now long OOP

Glad I asked. I do own Wrecking so I'll safely skip it. Thx.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:14 pm

I've alway liked Overkill without ever loving them. I own Taking Over, Under the Influence and Years of Decay albums, I'd like Feel the Fire and would pick up others at the right price but I won't be rushing after them.

Plus for some reason Bobby Blitz always reminds me of Moe from the Simpsons in interviews! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I've alway liked Overkill without ever loving them. I own Taking Over, Under the Influence and Years of Decay albums, I'd like Feel the Fire and would pick up others at the right price but I won't be rushing after them.

Plus for some reason Bobby Blitz always reminds me of Moe from the Simpsons in  interviews! Laughing very hard 

So true! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Overkill Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill Album   New Overkill Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next