Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Billy Joel & Elton John

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Billy Joel & Elton John Empty
PostSubject: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Are there any other fans of these Piano Men? I've been on a huge kick of these guys lately. I've always been a fan, but lately it's been hitting me hard. They toured a few years ago and from what I hear it was one of the best concerts ever, I wish I could have seen it, anyway what are your favorites by them?

Billy Joel: I've just bought a bunch of his discs these last two weeks and some more tomorrow I'm sure, but so far I like...

Glass Houses
12 Gardens Live
Songs in the Attic
Piano Man
52nd Street
KOHUEPT

Elton John: I only have two studio albums by him and three compilations, but I like...

Tumbleweed Connection

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Which features Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding, which was covered by Dream Theater on their Different Seasons album)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 am

I've seen them on the "Face to Face" tour and it was great. I'm really only familiar with Elton's hits from the 70's, and Billy Joel is a wonderful singer/songwriter/musician.

I've seen Billy solo a few times as well and it was great. An observation which I found quite odd/disturbing. A camera would shoot down the length of the key board and Billy has giant, fat, sausage fingers. Apparently they don't effect his playing, but man are they thick!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:45 am

Billy Joel is one of my favorite non-metal artists of ALL time. Ever since I was a little kid I've loved his music. As for Elton John, I like his older music (80s and below). Love Lies Bleeding is one of the most awsome songs ever. Sun Going Down On Me and Candle In The Wind are some of the most beautiful songs I can recall.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 pm

i have uptown girl on seven ich vinyl. ouch did i admit that Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:26 pm

both guys I only like their 70's stuff. I can tolerate Billy's music in the 80's but I like his 70's music alot. As for Elton, I grew up listening to his early 70's music and it has some sentimental value to me, some of his work is timeless. But I cant stand anything he's done in the 80's to now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel & Elton John   Billy Joel & Elton John Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billy Joel & Elton John
Page 1 of 1