Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Billy Joel or Elton John

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
metalinmyveins
manny
tohostudios
EvyMetal
jettafiend
exact33
nevermore
DallasBlack
15 posters

Billy Joel or Elton John
Billy Joel
Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_lcap45%Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
Elton John
Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_lcap45%Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
Equally makes me sick.
Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_lcap9%Billy Joel or Elton John Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Billy Joel or Elton John Empty
PostSubject: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Both piano legends of rock music. Which do you prefer or which one makes you throw up the least? Very Happy

Billy Joel was my favorite artist as a kid and I still love his music today. Elton has some great music early on but later stuff (90s and beyond) is pretty sappy and uninteresting to me.

I have a feeling most around here will pick the third option, but I've been suprised before around here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Both artists have songs that I like. But I can honestly say neither are a favorite and I own nothing by either. They don't make me sick or anything. I just don't really listen to them unless I hear a song on the radio.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Elton John.

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Being forced to choose between the two it would definitely be Elton by about 1000 percent. I give Elton props for songwriting.

I don't own any albums by either artist and have no plans to change that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Being forced to choose between the two it would definitely be Elton by about 1000 percent. I give Elton props for songwriting.

i think i have a greatest hits from Elton somewhere. I like his 70s material the best. When he went all Disney i stopped listening.

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

i think i have a greatest hits from Elton somewhere. I like his 70s material the best. When he went all Disney i stopped listening.

I've heard all the songs I like on the radio enough times in my life, growing up listening to the radio in the 70s you couldn't escape Elton.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Billy Joel by a mile. I a handful of his albums and I have heard exactly one song by Elton John that I like. Granted I have never dug into EJ's catalog but if the radio stuff is indicative of his sound then I will respectfully give him a pass.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Elton John, "Funeral For a Friend" is one of the sickest songs I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:33 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Elton John, "Funeral For a Friend" is one of the sickest songs I've ever heard.
This.

I've seen Elton John live 4 times; more than any other band. When he played the piano with his feet during "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" that clinched it for me. Plus I rank the John/Taupin songwriting team as one of the best in rock history.

Yeah, I'm a fan.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:58 am

Elton John, his early to mid 70's albums are brilliant IMO
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am

manny wrote:
Elton John, his early to mid 70's albums are brilliant IMO

headbanger

i agree. I love the hits from the 70s

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

They're both fairly decent but like Sir Elton's later stuff got a little too sappy for my tastes,so I'll go with Billy Joel.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

Elton John by a country mile! From 69-73, Elton produced 7 brilliant albums. I think the music started to take a hit a little bit with the album "Caribou" in '74, but there are still some wonderful elements from his early years that can be found all the way up through "Blue Moves" in '76. For myself, it doesn't matter what Elton John has done since, because within those first 7 years the guy came out with 11 albums, and there's more than enough brilliance within those albums to keep the average fan satisfied. For anyone who is a casual Elton John fan, I implore you to check out the album "Tumbleweed Connection". "Where to Now St. Peter?" & "My Fathe's Gun" are my favs off that album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:12 pm

S.D. wrote:

As eclectic as your tastes seem to be, you would be doing yourself a favor by picking up an album like "Tumbleweed Connection". There isn't a hit on that album, hence it makes sound like something brand new. If you like that, then go right for "Madman Across the Water". Check out Spotify, I think you might be surprised...
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 am

Not into either, but to choose, I would Elton John for his early materials.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Seen them both seperatly and together live, but I gotta go with Billy Joel. Been a long time fan.

Elton's stuff in the 70's rocked like noone's business, but I haven't heard anything decent from him since about 1982.

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Billy Joel is much better.70s-mid 80s stuff is great except Tell Her About It.lol
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Also i dont own anything by either also.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 am

not a fan of either really. Billy was more blue collar working man, i'll go with him. Uptown Girl was a great pop song.

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 10:54 am

Billy Joel had way better tunes - and way better stories.
I do like both. Even have piano instrumental CDs of them both.
I actually wish I had seen Billy Joel in concert in the 80s.
Both were great in concert. No doubt about that.

DallasBlack likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Elton John.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billy Joel or Elton John   Billy Joel or Elton John Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billy Joel or Elton John
Page 1 of 1