Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How the mighty have fallen!

Go down 
+17
HeavyThrashhead
Required Fields
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Troublezone
glassprison
Gilbert
Mac & Cheese
Shawn Of Fire
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm

I'm beyond burnt out on both bands, but yesterday I threw on Journey's Trial by Fire out of curiosity. My parents bought that album for me for Christmas '96 and I used to crank it. Revisiting it after 20 years was a trip. It's actually a really solid album with some huge numbers. Derivative and commercially candied, yeah, but that's Journey, and at least they don't pretend to be anything else.

Def Leppard is just weird, man.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm

"Trial By Fire" is a very good album; gonna have to revisit that one.

Def Leppard is just weird, man.

Sometimes, Shay, you make laugh out loud. Thanks, brother. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Def Leppard and Journey can play together all they want. if there is anything these two bands have in common, is that they both were good when they released their first three albums then after both band's third album...well...they went downhill.

That's definitely true for Def Leppard.  Not so much for Journey.  I hate everything they've ever done.

I've come to appreciate Journey's first 3 jazz/fusion albums more than the Steve Perry-era. Their Greatest Hits more than covers that time frame for me. If I ever want to travel back to my 8th grade dance and remember slow dancing with a girl for the first time. I'll put on 'Faithfully'.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
Ugh.  Def Leppard, what has happened to you??????

This morning on the local news they're announcing a "big" 80s concert coming to Busch Stadium next August.  It's Def Leppard co-headlining with...

...wait for it...

JOURNEY!!!!!   AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the band who recorded "On Through The Night", "High N Dry" and "Pyromania" end up touring with the dreaded Journey????
What's next, Scorpions and Phil Collins?

I think theyve done this before, I wouldnt go see it. Id only see them if they did a Hysteria tour and no crap co headliners either
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:46 am

I have always tried to like Journey, but for some reason I never got it and I must say and I like Toto.

Anyway I saw Def Leppard at Rock In Rio last year on TV and they were pretty decent even the songs after Pyromania ( the last Def Leppard album I really love ).

Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How the mighty have fallen!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2