Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are The Fallen

Go down 
+11
mc666
325ad
7thSaviour
snooloui
Lionheartâ„¢
nevermore
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
akeldama
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:31 am

Okay, so I dig Evanescence. Don't care. I like 'em. I think Ben Moody's solo stuff is pretty damn good, too.

And now we have his new band, We Are The Fallen. Or as I'd rather call them, Wait, This Isn't Evanescence?

I can appreciate that Ben's songwriting style is going to come through, but that singer does not need to sing like Amy Lee or look like her! The chick can sing in her own right. No need to emulate. And isn't she normally a redhead?

That said, I dig the song. More straightforward like the stuff on Evanescence's Fallen. I actually think Amy took the band in a better direction on The Open Door, but I dig kind of miss the sugary hooks of the (major label) debut.

Still kind of lame how similar this band is trying to be.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 am

It's meh to me but, who am I?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:27 am

Yeah, wow. They sound almost "identical" to mid-era Evanescence.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. I'll pass for now.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:17 am

Seriously, sounds and looks exactly like Evanescence. This might have sounded fresh in late 2002, but it's old news.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 am

GrandNational wrote:
Seriously, sounds and looks exactly like Evanescence. This might have sounded fresh in late 2002, but it's old news.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to really agree with you. Does Ben seem out of touch?

Pass on this for now ...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:22 am

Out of touch with what? Nothing wrong with good music. If you liked Fallen, not sure why you can't dig on that song above, original or not.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 am

Sounds just like Evanescence's Fallen. Now I can really see that Evanescence is basically "The Amy Lee Project" now
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Out of touch with what? Nothing wrong with good music. If you liked Fallen, not sure why you can't dig on that song above, original or not.

It's not that it's bad ... it's just a rip off.

I don't know. I'll give it some time and come back to it. It just caught me off guard. I was expecting something new I guess.

thejokeriv wrote:
Sounds just like Evanescence's Fallen. Now I can really see that Evanescence is basically "The Amy Lee Project" now

Exactly!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Not sure I'd call it a rip-off. Ben Moody was the primary songwriter in Evanescence. That's why The Open Door was different.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Not sure I'd call it a rip-off. Ben Moody was the primary songwriter in Evanescence. That's why The Open Door was different.

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 pm

I thought Evanescence was ok. But this isn't doing much for me.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm all over this. I though "The Open Door" was better than previous albums from them, but I also liked "Fallen", which this seems to channel.

The only problem is that I heard they were going to release single songs at a time instead of a full album at once. Maybe they changed on that idea...that was sometime last year when they announced that.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Lionheartâ„¢ wrote:
I'm all over this. I though "The Open Door" was better than previous albums from them, but I also liked "Fallen", which this seems to channel.

The only problem is that I heard they were going to release single songs at a time instead of a full album at once. Maybe they changed on that idea...that was sometime last year when they announced that.

I had heard that too. Not sure what they decided upon.

I'm still teetering on We Are the Fallen.

One minute I like em ... one minute I don't. I might buy their debut just to go a little deeper and see what I think.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Is their debut out? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Not yet, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:30 pm

May 11th according to everyone's favourite online encyclopedia.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I need to hear more before I decide to buy this album or download any songs from it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 pm

snooloui wrote:

Thanks!

7thSaviour wrote:
I need to hear more before I decide to buy this album or download any songs from it.

I would like to hear more from it myself.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Thanks!

7thSaviour wrote:

I would like to hear more from it myself.
Where can I hear more of this new album before I buy it?
Back to top Go down

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:12 am

It's like Evanescence but with a vocalist I can take seriously Razz
Me likes.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 am

Love the band the vocalist is too Nasally for me. I like Amy Better. That said I will probably go get the album when it comes out since that is the date of the new As I Lay Dying as well!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm

I picked this up yesterday and I really like it!!! Great album!!! Anyone else pick it up?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I actually think Amy took the band in a better direction on The Open Door

i agree with these two statements.

seems like Amy took the first album & built on it with The Open Door, whereas, Moody just wanted to recreate the first album all the way down to grabbing up any old members & an Amy lee knock off.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I actually think Amy took the band in a better direction on The Open Door

i agree with these two statements.

seems like Amy took the first album & built on it with The Open Door, whereas, Moody just wanted to recreate the first album all the way down to grabbing up any old members & an Amy lee knock off.
Have you heard the album yet? I have to change my opinion a bit, which was essentially based on the single and assuming the album would be more of the same.

I think the single I posted above sounds a lot like Evanescence, but the album as a whole sounds different. It's not far off, really, but it's definitely got its own thing going on. It's not as catchy or radio-friendly as Fallen; it really falls more in line with bands like Xandria and the whole Euro goth rock/metal scene. It's a bit darker, heavier, and more moody (no pun intended) than Fallen.

In fact, I'd say it's more like The Open Door, if I had to compare. Really great album, though. Looking forward to hearing what Amy comes up with next.
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:41 pm

I picked it up a couple days ago. $9.00 at Walmart. At the time it was a blind buy just going on the sticker saying who was in the band. took me a few minutes to remember exactly who that was from American Idol singing on it. I've spun it a few times and have enjoyed it so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Are The Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are The Fallen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: