Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How the mighty have fallen!

Go down 
+17
HeavyThrashhead
Required Fields
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Troublezone
glassprison
Gilbert
Mac & Cheese
Shawn Of Fire
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

How the mighty have fallen! Empty
PostSubject: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

Ugh. Def Leppard, what has happened to you??????

This morning on the local news they're announcing a "big" 80s concert coming to Busch Stadium next August. It's Def Leppard co-headlining with...

...wait for it...

JOURNEY!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the band who recorded "On Through The Night", "High N Dry" and "Pyromania" end up touring with the dreaded Journey????
What's next, Scorpions and Phil Collins?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am

I saw that they're coming here as well in June. I'd go see them if I can get the chance. Are you getting your tickets ? Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 am

Yea, I heard the announcement last night. They're playing at my building so I could stick around and watch some of it if I so choose. I haven't seen Def Leppard live in probably 15 years. Are they just a "greatest hits/nostalgia act" nowadays?

Journey? Unless they're playing stuff from the first 2 albums (yea right!), no thanks.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am

Maybe it's Journey who is selling out. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am

Haven't those two already toured together in the past couple of years? I could almost swear it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 am

They've sucked for at least 30 years.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 am

There's a date scheduled here in June.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haven't those two already toured together in the past couple of years? I could almost swear it.

They've toured with both Styx and REO Speedwagon. You're probably thinking of them. In fact, most of your days are spent thinking of Styx, aren't they Fat Freddy? Or should I call you Mr. Roboto?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

They've toured with both Styx and REO Speedwagon. You're probably thinking of them. In fact, most of your days are spent thinking of Styx, aren't they Fat Freddy? Or should I call you Mr. Roboto?

Laughing very hard Domo arigato.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Oddly enough, I saw them back in college on the On Through The Night tour and they were the opening act for Jefferson Starship of all people. This was the show where some dude who totally looked like an 80s headbanger - bandanas, leather, mullet - kept banging on the doors while we were waiting to be let in. He kept yelling "F'n Def Leppard man!!!!" He never did see the show because the cops hauled him away.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Went to see REO Speedwagon, Styx, and Journey a long time ago. Thankfully Journey was the headliner so we got a early start home. We stayed for about four songs in their set, and decided it was the most boring shit we've ever seen. Pretty sure I'll be skipping this one.

Def Leppard are okay, but not good enough for me to spend the kind of money they'll want for this gig. Better band with them, might tip the scales in their favor, but no way am I sitting, or paying a dime to support Journey again.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

They toured together back in 2006. So? They're both radio-pop-hit rock bands who had major success in the 80s.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

I saw Def Lep with Journey a few years back and also one other time with Tesla and Styx and another time with Kiss. When I saw them with Journey, Jeff Scott Soto was on vocals and I thought they put on a better show than Def Lep.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Man i would still not mind attending such event. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 pm

DL desperately wanted to book stadia on this tour rather than the usual sheds so they could do a throwback Hysteria "In the Round" show. I think Journey was virtually the only supporting act that could make for a viable stadium caliber bill.

I was hoping for a Whitesnake/DL tour, but as it turns out WS will be out with Foreigner this summer. They come through Chicago a few days before the DL tour. I plan on seeing both. DL will be taking at least a two year touring hiatus after this run.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:41 am

That version of the band died with Steve Clark! (Some may say Pete Willis...)
They've been a ballad driven radio rock band for 30 years now. It's actually a great pairing!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
That version of the band died with Steve Clark! (Some may say Pete Willis...)
They've been a ballad driven radio rock band for 30 years now. It's actually a great pairing!

True!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 pm

WS would be cool to see.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 pm

I just saw this on Sleazeroxx. The wife is pumped cuz they are coming to Fenway in Aug.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm

They should open the show with "Overture".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Def Leppard and Journey can play together all they want. if there is anything these two bands have in common, is that they both were good when they released their first three albums then after both band's third album...well...they went downhill.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:32 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Def Leppard and Journey can play together all they want. if there is anything these two bands have in common, is that they both were good when they released their first three albums then after both band's third album...well...they went downhill.

How the mighty have fallen! Eye-roll-meme-59daad8891a2b

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 5:28 pm

HeavyThrashhead wrote:

That's definitely true for Def Leppard.  Not so much for Journey.  I hate everything they've ever done.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Journey's "greatest hits" album is all I need from them. I'm a Steve Perry fan, and his voice made the songs IMO. As far as Def Leppard goes... I like everything up to Hysteria. After Steve Clark died, I no longer cared...
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 pm

I saw Def Leppard with Poison and Tesla last year, Leppard still puts on a great show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How the mighty have fallen!   How the mighty have fallen! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How the mighty have fallen!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next