Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 6:15 pm

"With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story" (2011)

Stan Lee's recent passing prompted me to re-visit this charming doc about the Marvel Comics guru's life and career. Stan was Marvel's heart and soul from its humble pre-WWII beginnings to the massive multi-media powerhouse that it is today, and it's fun to listen to him share a lifetime of stories.. Thanks for the memories, Stan. Excelsior.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 pm

I watched the final episode of Season 2 of Gotham today, featuring the re-animated Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith) breaking all the freaks out of Indian Hill.

You should watch this series ScottMitchell since apparently you are Jada's "cabana boy" (at least that's what you're name says).

I'm re-watching the first four seasons of Gotham in preparation for the final, shortened season that will start on Fox in January.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 10:08 am

"Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay" (2018)

Super-villains Deadshot and Harley Quinn are teamed up with a new crew of felons and sent on a forced road trip to recover a mystic artifact from Vandal Savage and Professor Zoom. As usual, over the top animated mayhem and destruction follows.
I know I keep saying it, but DC really should put the guys who make these animated films in charge of their live-action flicks. This "Suicide Squad" was funnier, gorier, and even more ultra-violent than the "real" S.S. movie from 2016. It's definitely not a cartoon for the kiddies!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Mr. Sardonicus
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 9:00 am

Rainy Saturday Night double feature:

"It's A Wonderful Life" (1946)

After a run of bad luck, small-town everyman George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) makes a wish on Christmas Eve that he'd never been born. His guardian angel grants the request and then shows him what effect that has had on his friends and loved ones in this holiday-season perennial from Frank Capra. It's schmaltzy, it's sentimental, it's cheesy but it's a must watch every year at Christmas time.

"The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977)

Russian and British nuclear submarines are disappearing without a trace, so James Bond is teamed with a lovely Soviet agent (Barbara Bach) to solve the mystery. They eventually discover it's the work of the insane billionaire Stromberg, who wants to use the subs' missiles to start World War III and then rebuild Earth from his secret base at the bottom of the ocean. This was Roger Moore's third spin as James Bond and it's also his best -- he finally makes the 007 role his own, and the movie is bigger, more elaborate, and more fun than Moore's first two installments. One of my fave Bond films overall.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 12:02 pm

I've still never seen It's A Wonderful Life and I don't really care to.   That's another one of the "classics" that everyone but me has seen.  Like Star Wars.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 3:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've still never seen It's A Wonderful Life and I don't really care to.   That's another one of the "classics" that everyone but me has seen.  Like Star Wars.

It was my Dad's favorite movie so I kinda grew up with it, haha. We were pretty much required to watch it at least once every holiday season.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Creediiposter.ivan_.adonais-600x889

I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 pm

"Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery" (1997)

The first of three spy spoofs starring Mike "Wayne's World" Myers as the swinging, sex crazed, dentally challenged British super-spy who was cryogenically frozen in 1967 and re-awakened in the 90s when his supervillain arch-foe (also Myers) resurfaces. Still shag-a-delicallly silly after all these years.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 am

The Walking Dead mid-season finale
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Started watching a Netflix sitcom called The Ranch. Almost turned it off when I heard the fake laugh tracks, but glad I didn't, because it's freakin funny as hell. Stars Sam Elliot and Ashton Kutcher. Never really cared much for Aston Kutcher, but he's pretty good in this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Started season 3 of "Gotham" today called "Rise Of The Monsters".  The first episode features a huge man who has spines on his back like Godzilla.  He's great until he gets creamed by a truck.

I'm hoping to get all the way through season 3 and 4 before the 5th and final season starts in January.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Ring of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Gotham Season 3, EP 3

This is when this show started spinning out of control IMO.  There are more than half a dozen plot lines going on simultaneously in this episode and I think that's what started to turn people off and why ratings dropped.  Personally I don't mind other than it makes the show seem less focused but in this society of short attention spans, this much going on at one time is way too much for people to digest.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Lazy Saturday double feature:
"UHF" (1989)

Weird Al Yankovic is a daydreamer who inherits a run-down, low-watt TV station and soon turns it into a local ratings powerhouse thanks to his bizarre programming ideas.
This cult classic comedy is loaded with silly gags and features an impressive cast incl. a pre-"Seinfeld" Michael Richards, Fran "The Nanny" Drescher, and Kevin "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" McCarthy as a slimy network bigwig. Lots of dumb fun.

"Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" (1999)

In Mike Myers' second go round as the sex crazed super spy, Austin time travels back to the 60s to recover his stolen mojo, and hooks up with the beauteous Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham). Meanwhile, Dr. Evil meets his new midget sidekick, Mini-Me, and plots to destroy Washington DC from his secret moon base. The non-stop stream of silliness makes this the best of the "Austin" series.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:34 pm

It's that special time of year again...when streaming services are overflowing with crappy no-budget Christmas horror movies! :cheese:

"Mother Krampus" (aka "The 12 Deaths of Christmas," 2017)

A dysfunctional British family's holiday celebration is rudely interrupted by a visit from Frau Perchta, a murderous witch from German folklore who steals a child on each of the 12 nights of Christmas. Sounds promising enough (even when the "Krampus" name in the title turns out to be nothing more than a marketing move, as this movie has nothing to do with the Krampus legend), but aside from a couple of halfway decent gore bits, this was just another cheap, poorly written and atrociously acted piece of DTV crap, full of unlikable characters who deserve everything they get coming to them.
Do I even have to say it? AVOID!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm getting ready to watch the REAL Krampus flick. I think it's great because it's funny and gory and gets progressively darker as it goes on.

Probably my second favorite Christmas flick after (you all know what it is):

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 pm

^^ I'm sure I'll get to the "real" Krampus movie and/or "Santa's Slay" sometime this season too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 9:03 pm

I also need to watch "A Christmas Horror Story" again. Even though the shock value sort of wears off once you've seen it, it's worth it just for William Shatner.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I also need to watch "A Christmas Horror Story" again.  Even though the shock value sort of wears off once you've seen it, it's worth it just for William Shatner.

Yeah, that was a fun one.

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lazy Saturday double feature:
"UHF" (1989)

Weird Al Yankovic is a daydreamer who inherits a run-down, low-watt TV station and soon turns it into a local ratings powerhouse thanks to his bizarre programming ideas.
This cult classic comedy is loaded with silly gags and features an impressive cast incl. a pre-"Seinfeld" Michael Richards, Fran "The Nanny" Drescher, and Kevin "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" McCarthy as a slimy network bigwig. Lots of dumb fun.

I was just telling my oldest son about that movie last night!! Laughing Laughing I'm gonna have to hunt up a copy of that at some point...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm

"The Hunt For The Golden Scorpion" (1991)

A lady adventurer heads to the Amazon to rescue her imprisoned brother, and then they set off in search of a priceless treasure, with a variety of generic military bad guys in pursuit. Things explode, helicopters crash, a while lotta dudes get shot, yadda yadda yadda.
This cheap-as-hell Italian action flick from Umberto "Nightmare City" Lenzi plays out like a really lame "A-Team" episode, plot holes, wooden acting, and sub-par dubbing/editing. Don't bother unless you have a severe tolerance for Z-movie pain.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 6:16 pm

FF, you sir are a glutton for punishment.  

It's not even a horror movie and it's directed by Lenzi so you HAD to know going in it was really going to suck.  But you watched it anyway.  Even I don't do that.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 35 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next