Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 6:19 am

The Goldbergs
Alex Inc
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 6:33 am

Supernatural. A mostly animated episode that crossed over with Scooby Doo. As a fan of both shows I thought this episode was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 am

"Beerfest" (2006)

To defend their family's honor, two American brothers form a team of fellow slackers and take part in a super-secret international beer drinking competition held in Germany. So basically this is a drunken, slapstick version of "Fight Club." A raunchy, funny as hell, dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks comedy that's best enjoyed with a few beers in hand!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 am

I, Tonya
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 1:09 pm

A Godzilla double feature:

Destroy All Monsters (1968)

Set in the far flung future of 1999, all of Earth's kaiju are gathered and contained on an island. When communication is lost with the island, all monsters suddenly appear throughout the world and attack. It's revealed that the monsters are controlled by a feminine alien race who wish to conquer the Earth (naturally). Can Earth regain control of the monsters and thwart the aliens plans? What do you think? This is a fun movie that has just about every monster Toho had license to. The monster battle royale at the end of the movie is the true highlight of the film.

Monster Zero (1965)

A mysterious planet, dubbed Planet X, is discovered beyond the orbit of Jupiter. 2 astronauts are sent to explore the world, discovering an underground civilization terrorized by a monster they call Monster Zero but we know as King Ghidorah. They ask for the help of Godzilla and Rodan to rid them of their problem in exchange for a miracle drug that would cure all diseases. Naturally, the aliens have an ulterior motive. This is another fun movie and one of the highlights of the original Godzilla series with one silly moment, the Godzilla happy dance :

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Godzilla-happy-dance
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Naturally I have both of those and enjoy both immensely. 

Were these the dubbed or the Japanese versions?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Stargate - The Ark Of Truth

This is the first post-SG1 movie.  It picks up where the series abruptly ended and wraps up the Ori plot arc.  Also features the return of a recurring classic SG1 nemesis.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 1:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Naturally I have both of those and enjoy both immensely. 

Were these the dubbed or the Japanese versions?

The Destroy All Monsters version was dubbed the Japanese subtitled version (on demand through Starz/Encore) .

Monster Zero was the version shown on American tv since forever (on Svengoolie).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 2:02 pm

I think the Japanese version of DAM has a few extra seconds of some of the secondary monsters like Manda but the Japanese version of Monster Zero is the same as the dubbed version as far as I can tell.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 2:48 pm

If memory serves right the Japanese version is basically the same as the international version (Invasion Of Astro Monster) with a scene or 2 of the Controller of Planet X speaks his native language (showing that the aliens don't conveniently speak Japanese/English).I do know that those scenes are cut from the American version . I have the Classic Media release with both the Japanese and international versions but I haven't watched it in a while.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Now I'll have to watch it again.  I have Invasion Of Astro Monster in the "Obi" version.  It's got both the American and Japanese versions of the film.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Currently watching Jesus Christ Superstar Live
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 am

Bob's Burgers
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 5:44 pm

I can't believe how much I like Bob's Burgers now.  I absolutely hated the show when it first started.  I didn't like a thing about it; the drawings, the animation, the voices, the stories - hated them all.  Either that all changed (highly unlikely) or something just didn't "click" with me at first; it sure does now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Benson
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 2:20 am

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009)-When a bus carrying prisoners crashes in the mountains of West Virginia , the inmates take the guards prisoner and try escape to freedom. Unfortunately, they cross paths with Three Finger, a mutant cannibal that lives in the woods and starts picking them off one by one. At first, I really didn't have much hope that I would enjoy this movie. I love the first Wrong Turn, but didn't care much for the first sequel. Much to my surprise, I didn't think this movie was all that bad. I give it 2.5 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 6:18 am

The Goldbergs
Alex Inc
Modern Family
American Housewife
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 am

Woke up too damn early this morning so I killed some time with a couple of music docs on Amazon Prime.

"Inside Metal: The Rise of L.A. Thrash Metal" (2017)

The latest chapter of the "Inside Metal" series examines the challenges that bands like Slayer, Dark Angel and Hirax faced in the early days as they tried to establish a thrash scene in Los Angeles, the glam capitol of the world. Katon DePena, Dave Ellefson, Chris Poland, Gene Hoglan, Eric Peterson, Juan Garcia, Ernie C. (Body Count) and many more tell some good stories amidst the vintage clips and photos. Like the rest of the "Inside Metal" series, there's really nothing here that long time genre fans won't already know but it was an OK time waster.

"Ramones: The True Story" (2005)
This cheap looking documentary covers the punk rock godfathers' first half dozen albums and consists mostly of vintage TV footage, with added commentary by Tommy Ramone (the only surviving original member at the time this flick was made), CBGBs owner Hilly Kristal, Ramones road manager Monte Melnick and art director Arturo Vega. This might not be a bad intro to the band for newbies but I'd say skip this and go for 2003's way more thorough End of the Century doc instead.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 10:44 am

Leatherface wrote:
Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009)-When a bus carrying prisoners crashes in the mountains of West Virginia , the inmates take the guards prisoner and try escape to freedom.  Unfortunately, they cross paths with Three Finger, a mutant cannibal that lives in the woods and starts picking them off one by one. At first,  I really didn't have much hope that I would enjoy this movie.  I love the first Wrong Turn, but didn't care much for the first sequel.  Much to my surprise, I didn't think this movie was all that bad.  I give it 2.5 out of 5 chainsaws.

I liked Wrong Turn 2 but didn't care for 3 very much.   And forget any of the ones after that; they're awful.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009)-When a bus carrying prisoners crashes in the mountains of West Virginia , the inmates take the guards prisoner and try escape to freedom.  Unfortunately, they cross paths with Three Finger, a mutant cannibal that lives in the woods and starts picking them off one by one. At first,  I really didn't have much hope that I would enjoy this movie.  I love the first Wrong Turn, but didn't care much for the first sequel.  Much to my surprise, I didn't think this movie was all that bad.  I give it 2.5 out of 5 chainsaws.

I liked Wrong Turn 2 but didn't care for 3 very much.   And forget any of the ones after that; they're awful.

I thought the first one was awful and never felt the urge to see the rest.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Wrong Turn 2 was the one with Henry Rollins in it, right? That was a pisser!
Never saw any installments past that one, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Yeah, WT2 was the one with Rollins.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 5:29 pm

"Mutant" (aka "Night Shadows," 1984)

Stranded in a backwoods burg after an automotive run-in with some local yokels, a pair of city boys soon learn that the townsfolk are slowly turning into a horde of nocturnal, blood-drinking zombie-like creatures, thanks to toxic waste in the groundwater. Hilarity ensues.
A cheesy-but-fun, oh-so-'80s slice of low budget eco-terror, not to be confused with Roger Corman's 1982 "Aliien" wanna-be "Forbidden Planet," which is also known as "Mutant" in some parts of the world.
Fun fact: following this flick's failure at the box office, producer Edward L. Montoro emptied his cash-strapped studio's bank account and disappeared without a trace. He hasn't been seen since.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 am

"Rats: Night of Terror" (1984)

In this semi-legendary Italian post-apocalypse flick (directed by spaghetti schlock kingpin Bruno Mattei of "Hell of the Living Dead" and "Shocking Dark" fame, and co-written by Claudio Fragasso of "Troll 2"), a group of nomadic bikers discover an abandoned laboratory that's fully stocked with food and water. They think they've hit the jackpot - until night falls and they find out that the facility is also home to thousands of hungry rats who don't take kindly to trespassers on "their" turf. You can probably figure out the rest...
Like most Italian horrors, "Rats" features atrocious acting, awkward dialogue, and plenty of cheap but effective gore, plus one of the most WTF twist endings in Z-movie history -- which, amazingly, was spoiled by many of the flick's posters/video covers. Cheesy but enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next