Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet Squirrel!

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Claude, after the old Loony Tunes cat?

Exactly. I didn’t get the joke behind that name at first cuz I was really young but once I did I have always laughed at that. Almost spelled it “Clawed”. Sometimes I do when I text my wife to ask how he is. Sometimes I call him “Clod”. You know my demented mind all too well, Toho. How’s your cats?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 5:56 pm

I actually never made that connection with the name Claude before.  I just knew that was the Loony Tunes cat's name.  That's funnier now.

My cats are doing OK except Squirrel has started sneezing a lot today.  I just had him to the vet last week because he was scratching himself a lot and now he's sneezing a lot.  Sounds like allergies.  But he doesn't have any other concerning symptoms like discharge, lethargy or lack of appetite; in fact he still keeps hassling Loosie.

Loosie has been "feeling her oats" lately, maybe because she realizes Squirrel is under the weather.  This coming February I'll have had her for 5 years (which is amazing to me; and Dec 2 will mark a year that I've had Squirrel which is also amazing, time flies) and she'll be 8 years old but she still likes to play (just not with Squirrel) and she still has the softest fur I've ever felt.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:29 pm

At least they are still alive and well. Time does fly, my oldest daughter has a female cat that absolutely loves people and attention but she absolutely hates other cats no matter their size.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Cats do certainly have different personalities.

I adopted Loosie from a vet's office so she was used to people and other animals and she's definitely a "people cat". When she meets a stranger she treats the person as someone who just hasn't petted her yet.

Squirrel is the complete opposite; he's worse than Tux was. I used to think Tux cowered from strangers because he'd only known me for so long. But I've only had Squirrel for a year and he's the same way; doorbell rings, he hides.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 10:31 am

Just took Claude to get neutered and vaccinated. Never had a male cat before so do they become nicer and/or lose weight after? Claude really loves me but he’s still affectionate from a distance.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Our male cats gained weight after but the did mellow out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:33 pm

They sort of mellow out but not always.  Squirrel was neutered when he was less than a year old (before I adopted him) and I can't believe he was any crazier before neutering than after; he's now 2 and still nuts.

The big thing is male cats are far less aggressive after neutering and more importantly they're much less likely to "spray".  We had an un-neutered male cat when I was a kid and trust me, you never want to smell that.  It's not just urine; there's something else in there and it's absolutely awful and impossible to get rid of.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am

Oh yeah, it's a special kind of stink. Probably banned in warfare.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Got a new kitten. Her name is Willow.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Congrats!

Post some pics when you get the chance.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 pm

Thanks! Gonna work with Claude on his weight as well. I’ll send pics soon.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Cool cat!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Squirrel!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2