Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+10
Hadley
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Addy
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
akeldama
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 pm

R.I.P.

That idiot who used to troll here using different wrestling personas (including Vader) should be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

I guess he was serious when he said he only had months to live a while ago. 

RIP big man.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I guess he was serious when he said he only had months to live a while ago. 

RIP big man.

I remember that, quite sad. WWE should have put him in the HoF years ago, hopefully this puts him in next year. They screwed his character really bad, but he was incredible in WCW and later Japan. RIP indeed!

Always loved the mask from WCW:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 19900707_vader--7399aa4f46426c97e8efd8a3bf495183
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:55 pm

His whole wrestling persona in WCW was awesome.  Just seeing a guy that size do a moonsault off the top rope was unheard of at the time.  And his whole entrance was just great.  Braun Strowman actually reminds me of Vader a lot.  Another big man who possesses the agility of someone much lighter.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Now that the shock of Vader's passing is over, I can give my thoughts on a few things.

tohostudios wrote:
So apparently Ronda Rousey beat up Bliss, a bunch of referees and Kurt Angle on RAW last night and now is suspended?

I didn't see it because I was watching the Cardinal game but I just read about it. Is WWE trying to turn her into Stone Cold? Seems like it.

More like Ken Shamrock. Remember Shamrock would snap and attack everyone near him when someone made him mad. That's how I saw it anyway.

mikeinfla wrote:
Two new reports state that Big Cass’ WWE release on Tuesday stemmed from issues with public intoxication and having attitude issues. Pro Wrestling Sheet and Sports Illustrated have news on what led to the Smackdown’s star’s firing, which was announced by the company on Tuesday. The reports claim that Cass’ heat from May over going directly against Vince McMahon’s orders regarding his segment with a little person stand-in for Daniel Bryan were the beginning of a downward spiral for him.

According to the reports, Cass was drinking during the European tour that kicked off a week after the incident and had attitude issues. Cass was allegedly intoxicated in public, which is a big reason for his firing. In addition, there were several minor incidents that happened which turned out to be the final nails in his coffin as a WWE star.

The one incident that PWS has confirmed with multiple sources happened on the WWE bus that was driving talent around. Cass went to use the bathroom on the bus, which had a broken lock. Cass did not realize the lock was broken and thought he was being pranked. After being stuck in the bathroom for too long, Cass (who the site describes in the moment as “claustrophobic/angry”) broke down the door, which meant that people had to use the bathroom on the bus without a door afterward.

The multiple incidents happening in such a short time appear to have been the impetus for McMahon to call a meeting on Tuesday at the Smackdown taping and fire Cass.

Two things I think would have given him some leeway:

1. Going to the gym more often and cutting some of that fat. His physique needed a lot of work.
2. Actually being 7 feet tall. He was about 4-5 inches short and had to wear lifts in order to look taller.

They might have been able to overlook the incidents if those two things had been. Just my opinion of course. Actually being a giant and having a better body might not have saved him.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 pm

The Cardinals are in a rain delay so I switched over to RAW and what's the first thing I see?  Deleter of Worlds. 

I swear I will never understand how this stupid Matt Hardy character has ever gotten so popular; "stupid" doesn't even begin to describe it.  At least it's apparently gotten Bray Wyatt over but I still want every team the wrestle to beat the living crap out of Hardy.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 pm

I think Vince has lost his mind:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/ce02a238-fdb3-38fd-b78a-0a368e64a17b/ss_fox-slates-wwe-%E2%80%98smackdown.html

Seriously?  Two hours of Smackdown on a Friday night?  Isn't Friday night traditionally the time slot where programs go to die?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Cardinals are in a rain delay again so I'm watching Smackdown.  When did WWE call up Eric Young?  And what's this "Sanity" group he apparently leads?

Between the 20 minutes or so of RAW I caught last night and what I've seen of Smackdown so far tonight, it's no wonder I never watch either show during baseball season.  At this rate I might not watch either show during the off-season either.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Holy crap!  When did "Turtle Boy" come back to Smackdown????  OMG! 

I will say one thing, he does inspire me to want to see someone, anyone beat the living hell out of him.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The Cardinals are in a rain delay so I switched over to RAW and what's the first thing I see?  Deleter of Worlds. 

I swear I will never understand how this stupid Matt Hardy character has ever gotten so popular; "stupid" doesn't even begin to describe it.  At least it's apparently gotten Bray Wyatt over but I still want every team the wrestle to beat the living crap out of Hardy.

So you didn't see Mitt Face turn heel? She beat the crap out of Sasha. For the first time ever, I heard grown men cheering her (usually it's only the kiddies)! I actually enjoyed a Bayley segment for once! Hope they don't screw it up (she goes for "therapy" next week so my expectations are low).

Eric Young's group is one of the latest hit groups from NXT. Remains to be seen if they screw them up like they've done with Ascension and what they're starting to do to The Revival. They got to debut by beating the crap out of The Usos so that's a good sign.

I hope you don't give up completely, but I understand if you do. I just don't want to be the only one posting in this thread Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Mercifully (I guess) the Cardinal game finally started and they promptly fell behind 2-0. 

It does seem like almost everyone has given up on WWE and with good reason, IT SUCKS!

I don't see akeldama posting in this thread anymore either and I know mikeinfla gave up a while back. 

I did happen to watch the Undercover Boss show featuring Stephanie McMahon last Friday (thanks to my dad's heads-up) and I found it to be the most entertaining WWE-related programming I've seen in months.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 pm

I know it sucks, but there is just enough good in it to keep me tagging along. Storylines and booking are the worst of it but there are some very good performers that put on entertaining matches. I guess it's easier for me because I watch the condensed versions on Hulu which cuts a lot of the fat (for instance I've only seen Broken Matt once or twice since that crap started). I also watch on my phone while watching other stuff so if it gets too boring I got something else to compensate.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 am

Good thing they got rid of Enzo. Read what he said about him and HHH:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/970427-enzo-amore-opens-up-about-his-wwe-firing-backstage-feud-with-triple-h#/slide/1

The ego on that jackass. Yeah, he was great on the mic but he was mediocre in the ring. Not exactly the greatest wrestling superstar to ever exist. Would you ever talk to your employer like that? Not if you want to keep your job. Even without the allegations against him, I don't think he would have lasted much longer. When you rub the locker room and management the wrong way, you're career will be short lived.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm

The Cardinals are in Arizona so the games start later than usual.  I tried watching both Raw last night and Smackdown tonight and I ended up switching over to MLB Network after about 30 minutes both nights.  WWE has become pretty much unwatchable for me.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Cards are off tonight so I'm "sorta" watching Raw.

Actually I've been spending more time playing with Squirrel in the gigantic new cat tree I put together yesterday.  This damn thing is almost 7 1/2 ft tall and weighs over 130 lbs.  It has 6 levels, 5 condos, multiple perches...yeah, it's enormous.  It's also a hell of a lot more interesting than Raw.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Wow, I have to hand it to Borin' Corbin he actually is really good at something.

He's really good at killing every single segment he's in.  Elias was cruising along doing his usual schtick of mocking whatever city he happens to be in when Corbin came out and insisted on doing a "duet".  Holy crap was that awful; and I'm not referring to Corbin's attempt at singing (which was awful too).  The whole thing came off as totally forced, unnatural and just really lame.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 am

Does anyone here watch NXT? It's probably the best current WWE show right now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Hadley wrote:

I keep hearing that.  But I don't feel like subscribing to WWE Network to see it.  If they were smart WWE would put that on cable somewhere.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Hadley wrote:

I agree and 205 Live is good too especially now that HHH runs it. I hear FS1 wants to air NXT and I hope not. I don’t t have that channel.

I watched just a tad of RAW and I’m tired of the fight segments like the one Lashley and Roman had but it was great seeing how Lashley is legit way stronger than Roman. I loved how he flattened him out of the ring when he charged him. U could tell that was legit.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 7:28 am

I think I read that NXT may appear on a Fox network when the transition happens. Would be cool. As for Raw and Smackdown -- not only do I not watch anymore, I don't even read the re-caps Crying or Very sad and that makes me sad, I've been a fan since i was a kid. I am thinking maybe I'll pick it up next WM and tune in to Raw the day after. Maybe it will be a good break away from it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm

The WWE product is so bad right now I think everyone should take a break from it.  Thankfully I mostly take a break from it during baseball season every year.

I don't read any recaps anymore either.  I don't even know half the people in the ring now when I do watch it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 pm

It's the All Star break so no Cardinals tonight.  I thought that might be a good thing given how bad the Cards are playing but then I started watching RAW.

C'mon, absolutely nothing about the format of the show has changed.  5-10 guys come out to the ring one at a time in the opening segment and the powers that be make triple threat matches.  Geez...they've been milking this formula for at least a decade.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Another legend has gone:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/981043-nikolai-volkoff-passes-away

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Oh, and another wrestler from the past may be gone or is not soon for this world:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/981051-brian-christopher-aka-grandmaster-sexay-hospitalised-after-suicide-attempt-sources-indicate-he-has-passed-away

Pretty shitty day in the world of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Add Brockhousr Brown to the list. RIP to all 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: