Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.

Go down 
+22
CRIMSONMASK
Troublezone
bgsully
nevermore
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Big Rich
Addy
Lari
MoonChild
akeldama
mc666
Gilbert
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
candlemass
Required Fields
exact33
stormspell
Dark Horseman
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

it really needs a good remaster though.

No it doesn't. It's fine the way it is. Very Happy

I never heard it myself, but was the 2004 remix and remaster re-issued by Dave that bad?

Dunno. Never bothered with those remasters cuz I already owned all the original CDs. Very Happy I don't think I've ever read anything good about 'em tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm

I also only have the original CD. Sounds just fine. Not sure it needs to be touched at all.

Never heard the remaster.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm

They lost the tapes for the remaster so Dave had to go in and sing some, can't remember how much. Also some guitar work was re-recorded. And it's the most brickwalled reissue I can think of at the moment. Sounds like ass.

The original sounds beloved. Not my fav, though, but close. Peace Sells takes the cake.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:42 pm

A masterpiece for sure!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Classic album for sure
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 9:34 pm

A great album!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 am

Great album, but best ever?

Paul Baloff is flipping you the bird from beyond the grave.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 am

There's a lot of great thrash albums but the interplay on the guitars here stands out. Poor Paul, so much what could've been.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Talk about a great reaction video...One can usually tell when people are enjoying something or not, it was fairly evident they not only enjoyed this song, but broke it down really well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Yep, the boys perfected thrash metal on this one.

I feel sorry for those who came after. There wasn't much else to do anymore. I can imagine James & Lars hearing this and going "well, we can't top that, so let's just do something completely different".

As far as guitars go at least, it's unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 1:13 am

It's hard for me to rank the Megadeth albums, from this era at least, but this is for sure a great one!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 am

Lari wrote:

I feel sorry for those who came after. There wasn't much else to do anymore. I can imagine James & Lars hearing this and going "well, we can't top that, so let's just do something completely different".

You know, I never thought about it like that, but I'm sure there were some musicians out there that had those thoughts. Sorta like when guitarists back in the day first heard Hendrix play or bands heard Sgt. Pepper and said "Well, I guess I'm done here".

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am

That video was really fun.
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 5:55 pm

27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Talk about a great reaction video...One can usually tell when people are enjoying something or not, it was fairly evident they not only enjoyed this song, but broke it down really well.

"This is destruction."

lol!
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 10:56 pm

I love the album though I kind of burn myself out on it. Need to give it a spin again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.    27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

27 years ago today, the greatest thrash album ever dropped.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2