Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Dead live...

Go down 
+5
Rex
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
Thrasher73
ultmetal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7LQTtOMmFo
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 am

Man,I wish I could've been there.Oh well Maybe next year
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:48 am

Once Dead live... L_4a1e5b8d642725919dfb4aa7f6cbd0b2

Devin and I sharing vocal duties. We have very different vocal styles. Devin is more of a metalcore screamer whereas I am more of a thrash vocalist, so the two styles during Burn sounded very cool.

Thrasher73

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

So the new Once Dead album is gonna have metalcore vocals?Doesnt sound so good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:36 am

thrasher73 wrote:
So the new Once Dead album is gonna have metalcore vocals?Doesnt sound so good.

Did you hear the live tracks? They don't sound bad.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:18 am

I find it hilarious that a Christian band has a singer that sounds what people percieve as satan. Pretty cool stuff
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:31 am

Both you and Roger had a very distinct vocal style where all the words could be heard, regardless for the aggressive and harsch vocals. This guy is missing this. It all sounds the same to me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:42 am

Devin is a metalcore singer for sure. I thought he sounded intense, but I can imagine that some classic thrash fans are going to be put off, while some die-hard VR fans will fight to the death about how good he is. I suggested to them to re-record Burn and have us both do vocals. That would be cool. The contrast in styles sounded cool live.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 am

I think y'all should do a duet recording on a different song. Burn is getting worn out.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Sounds great! I actually didn't mind his vocals at all. Look forward to the album when it finally comes out. The only thing disturbing about the video is the complete lack of any crowd response. Did they play at 5:00 am or something? Where's the circle pit!?!?
Back to top Go down

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:33 pm

kmorg wrote:
Both you and Roger had a very distinct vocal style where all the words could be heard, regardless for the aggressive and harsch vocals. This guy is missing this. It all sounds the same to me.

Man, I second this.

This new singer just isn't my style at all. I wish you were still in the band Ult. That would be awesome. I understand though.

I think I'll be passing on the new Once Dead album though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:36 pm

outofstep wrote:
Sounds great! I actually didn't mind his vocals at all. Look forward to the album when it finally comes out. The only thing disturbing about the video is the complete lack of any crowd response. Did they play at 5:00 am or something? Where's the circle pit!?!?

Their set was at a bad time. They had to play at the same time as Underoath. Still they had a pit going for some songs and the crowd reaction was good.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
outofstep wrote:

Their set was at a bad time. They had to play at the same time as Underoath. Still they had a pit going for some songs and the crowd reaction was good.

Gotcha. It's a sad time we live in when people would rather see underoath than once dead. Kids have no taste these days.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 pm

The video is cool! I think the sound guy should have mic checked the vocals because the backing vocals are louder than the main vocals.

As for the vocals, I like them. I think they fit the style quite a bit. No I don't like hardcore vocals, but he has an edge to it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Someone said they had never heard Fasedown. Check here:
http://www.myspace.com/fasedown

Also at the bottom of Once Dead's MySpace player is a Fasedown song:

http://www.firestream.net/custom/fs_rate.php?go=showcat&cat_id=1475&narrow=num

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks for the imput...Metalcore, Old School???? We're just trying to make the best music we can with the people we've got...Hopefully you will like the cd when it's done...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Thanks for the imput...Metalcore, Old School????
We're just trying to make the best music we can with the people we've
got...Hopefully you will like the cd when it's done...

🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:31 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
We're just trying to make the best music we can with the people we've got...Hopefully you will like the cd when it's done...

Looking forward to it Glenn.I'm sure we'll all Love it.Keep Rockin!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 am

no offense to Scott, but i like Devins vox better. from what i've heard anyway.

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 am

Okay - Devin is the singer from Fasedown? I had no idea he was in Once Dead.

That's what it is. I don't like Fasedown. Never have. Too metalcorish for me. I like thrash metal and I also like crossover, but when it starts getting into the metalcore stuff - it loses me.

No offense Glen. I'm a pretty die hard Vengeance Rising fan. I even saw them on the "Once Dead" tour back in 1990 in Denver, CO.

I also love Scott Water's vocals. He sounds like Souza, only original. I've always loved Ultimatum and Vengeance Rising. However, to incorporate elements of Fasedown in the mix. It's just not for me. I'm happy for you - and I hope you do well. I'm sure you'll probably expand your fanbase, as metalcore is certainly more popular nowadays than thrash. So don't take me the wrong way. I really like your guitar work. But I'm just not into metalcore.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:22 am

blackieboy wrote:
Okay - Devin is the singer from Fasedown? I had no idea he was in Once Dead.

That's what it is. I don't like Fasedown. Never have. Too metalcorish for me. I like thrash metal and I also like crossover, but when it starts getting into the metalcore stuff - it loses me.

No offense Glen. I'm a pretty die hard Vengeance Rising fan. I even saw you guys on the "Once Dead" tour back in 1990 in Denver, CO.

I also love Scott Water's vocals. He sounds like Souza, only original. I've always loved Ultimatum and Vengeance Rising. However, to incorporate elements of Fasedown in the mix. It's just not for me. I'm happy for you - and I hope you do well. I'm sure you'll probably expand your fanbase, as metalcore is certainly more popular nowadays than thrash. So don't take me the wrong way. I'm also a huge fan of your bass playing. But I'm just not into metalcore.
i've always been a huge VR fan as well. however i don't think that Devin sounds "metalcore". he is just a more aggressive singer. Scott's previous vox are a bit too soft sounding for me, which kills much of the aggression. much like Souza & Wayne. to each their own though.

i'm still buying the new Ultimatum, based on how Scott described it. i'm looking forward to a new aggressive style. however as far as Once Dead goes, i prefer Devin.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 am

mc666 wrote:
no offense to Scott, but i like Devins vox better. from what i've heard anyway.

None taken.

Like I said, the new Once Dead songs sound great! I don't think anyone will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 am

I like Ults voice better,but I'll still give Once Dead a chance.Sometimes there is a fine line between metalcore and thrash vocals.
Back to top Go down

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:55 pm

SUC, I am watching the Once Dead DVD and heard that the big goon in the middle is you. Smile

Lucky man to have seen that show live!

Plus that whole "big goon" thing is really just descriptive language, I'm sure you could take my fat Fred Flintstone looking build any day in a dark alley. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 am

I like his vocals actually.

Is there a video of you both doing Burn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once Dead live... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead live...   Once Dead live... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Dead live...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next